Options
    Great to read your update.
    Look forward to reading more.
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    looking forward to seeing how things go.
    My only advice would be, to not take a 15% cut. Make it 10%
    It is easier to take more cals off as you go, but as you know from resetting, its not so easy to add extra cals back in once you remove them, so give yourself a cut, but still give yourself as much food as possible to enjoy. :)

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator

• ibtmas
    ibtmas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great! It would be exciting to know your updates as we r on the sane boat! How much did u gain during your reset? All eyes on ya;)
  • kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Either 5.8 or 9.8 LOL I had to beginning weights (one normal weight I was at for a long time and one right after a holiday gathering). On page 4 of this thread I go into the math of my reset if you care to read it.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Ok... a little random data from the weekend. Saturday weight 197. I lifted Saturday. Added some more volume (sets) to lifting session but no additional exercises or weight. Sunday weigh in was 200.4 Saturday food was 2166 so about where I've been. No eating out food...so not a sodium concern. Just how oddly I fluctuate. Weigh in today hasn't happened yet so we'll see where it's at.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Women tend to fluctuate a lot just with water. Thats why we recommend that if you are going to weigh at all, you choose the same day, same time, same circumstances as best as possible in order to determine true gains or losses. In a given day we can go up almost 10 pounds just from water gains. Add in TOM and you can really see high jumps..

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Perfect example of why the morning after a workout day is really an invalid data point to base anything on.

Big cardio you probably would have lost water weight, big lifting you gained water weight.

But Sat weigh-in may have been after a rest day - at least minimizing known expected water weight changes.
    As long as you didn't eat Chinese food on Fri night - unless you always do that is.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    I weigh daily. I only consider same day of week per month actual. Weight Monday was 198.8 and I had pizza the day before...so water weight from lifting for sure. Which I knew.

No weigh in yet for today (I weigh in at 9 am every morning). Lifting sessions are great! Data for cut week 1 will be Tues to Tues (today until next week).
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Wednesday morning weigh in was 197.4 Anniversary dinner yesterday (20th!!!!) but still finished with Cal target and macros decent. Good lifting session yesterday, too. Downward trend showing on the scale. Body is starting to show signs of reshaping back to where I was even though clothing is still the same size. Just keeping at consistency.
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    kmac1196- thanks so much for posting your journey. It's such a help and inspiration to us. I'm excited to see how your cut goes.

You are doing great!
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I just want to say-you don't look anywhere near the 190's!!!!! I'm 174ish and I definitely look way bigger than you. That's crazy! You wear it well dear!
  • yashpratap1548
    yashpratap1548 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My weight is 286 lbs how to lose weight help
  • heybales
    Options

Best first step is to read the stickies at the top of the group regarding what to do and how to do it. Even the ads at the top of the group with link to external site will help get some better methods down then your grocery tabloids or spam emails will give.

Then best to open a new topic with any questions after your reading.

The how to lose weight is simple concept - you eat less than you burn by a reasonable amount.
    The application of that concept has been confused by quick loss schemes and lack of understanding.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options

Check this
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    Then use this
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/

To make it all easier and step by step, get this!
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/faqs/
    Any questions after all of that, just ask!
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Waves....still here. Weight WEds 196 Sat 199 LOL Lifting, on a deficit. Still hate the scale. Clothes the same.

New fitbit (charge 2) shows higher cals burned total then the flex. Had it about 2 weeks now. Days that I work (housecleaner) and lift show total burn of 2971 and only 7935 steps. Work and no lifting 2669 cals. No work or lifting 2077. Lifting no work 2298 So all over the place lol working on averages but trying to pay attention to hunger.
  • heybales
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Many have commented that they have lost weight at expected rate and maintained on some prior Fitbit model, gotten the Charge 2 - and saw higher calorie burns that obviously weren't true based on actual results.

Also, it does need to learn your HR to start giving more accurate calorie burns. 2-4 weeks for that.
    Input any workouts it's not aware of, like the lifting, on Fitbit's site. The type and amount of time in weekly workouts is part of the formula for better HR-based calorie burn when working out - which doesn't apply to lifting anyway.

Once you figure out how much it could be off by - those rolling 4 wk averages (using normal weeks) works nice.

I say normal - no need to include a sick week, unusual busy only 1 workout week, or extra work no exercise week.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Yeah, with the Fitbit , it's best to work from the weekly averages.
    I've found a big difference in the stated calories burnt when I changed from a charge HR to an Alta. Apart from the no heart rate tracker, I think the Alta is just less sensitive and picks up less steps. Good or bad? Time will tell which is most accurate!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Yes, well, from my previous work, over the 12 weeks, 2300 was my TDEE so I'm still going with that but it just weird to see the number so high doing the same things. Heart health is good to very good so Im happy about that!