birthday sweets obsessing

Options
silverfiend
silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
Just a rambling rant....

Today is the first birthday I have ever had without any amount of cake/pie/icecream etc and it's all I can think about. It has been an obsession for me all day and it's driving me crazy. I just came home from the grocery store where I looked very long and hard at a lot of sweets. I even looked at the "no sugar added" varieties but even those still have a ton of carbs in them.

The biggest splurge I gave myself today was a little bit of fried rice with my hibachi dinner, and that was only because I ran 8 miles this morning.

I have been struggling with overeating ever since my cruise 2 months ago and barely managing to keep even on the scale. But for the last couple weeks I have finally kept my eating under control and the scale is finally starting to move in the right direction again. Because I'm just starting to make headway I am terrified of ruining it. I know me. A small birthday treat would very likely lead to more "treats" and once again I would have destroyed days of work and required days more just to get back to the point I am at now.

Replies