edited November 2016 in Social Groups
Beginning OMAD journey

Start Date: June 29th, 2016
Starting Weight: 219.8 lbs
Starting size: 22w
Eating Time: 6-10pm
Goal: 30lbs Down or 189.8 lbs

o:) GOAL MET o:) late October 2016/4 months OMAD time

OMAD Phase 2 (continuation of OMAD w/new goals)

Start Date: November 9th, 2016
Starting Weight 187.8 lbs
Starting Size: 16w
Eating Time: 5-9pm
Goal: 30lbs Down or 157lbs

Beginning OMAD Phase II measurements: November 9th, 2016

Neck: (15 inches )
Waist: (38 inches )
Hips: (45 inches )
Chest: (38.5 inches)
Butt/Stomach: (43.5 inches)

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    ;-)
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting the first goal. Onward to the next!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    --wonderful that you met first goal! That is encouraging. Size 22 down to a 16 is impressive. You are almost into Misses sizing.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    {{{{ <3Nevadaden <3 }}}} and {{{{ <3Deb <3 }}}}

Thank you girls so very very much!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    wow......you have done awesome omading!!! keep rocking girl!! <3<3<3
    I agree, from size 22 down to 16 is huge!! (im jealous hahah!)
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    I was just reading what you wrote about black seed oil...and I gotta tell ya girl, it reminded me of my own story, so here goes.

A few years ago I suffered strange pains around my rib cage and determined via online investigation that it was gaul stones. So I found a natural cure for them online.

It was pure olive oil (I think) and lemon juice.

I followed the directions exactly.........but I still remember drinking the pure oil....oh man it was so horrible...but I had already commited to chugging it, so I had to finish the glass....and I i did. After I finished it I quickly turned around and started drinking from a bottle of pineapple juice that I had on the counter (they said have this handy if you feel you will want to be sick after drinking the oil) and I did feel sick.

But after the pineapple juice all was okay.

Long story short I had a huge gaul stone and a few tiny ones. After that, no more pains =)

I told my mother what I did and to this day she still cant understand how I just drank down all that oil and did what I did.......my answer was, it was natural, it wouldnt kill me, no surgery....and I'm a bit of a bold explorer that way......i just man up and do it hahahha.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    That is interesting, Kitty. Do you remember the recipe? I was getting strange pains around my ribcage and middle of the back last summer. Did you actually pass the big gallstone and saw it?
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    That is interesting, Kitty. Do you remember the recipe? I was getting strange pains around my ribcage and middle of the back last summer. Did you actually pass the big gallstone and saw it?

Yes..i passed the big gaul stone and felt nothing and saw it....gulp.
    I will hunt down the link for you.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I always thought that it hurt bad to pass one. I guess you are fortunate!
  • mittenswillet
    edited November 2016
    Options
    http://www.worldwidehealthcenter.net/article/flush-gall-stones-naturally

it was this one. =)

ps, i must mention I did not see the gall stone until around 2pm the next day, that is when they came out. And I was very sick the next morning, nausious etc, I was sick, but it was only oil that came out. But that is normal
  • OMADing1
    Options
    I was just reading what you wrote about black seed oil...and I gotta tell ya girl, it reminded me of my own story, so here goes.

A few years ago I suffered strange pains around my rib cage and determined via online investigation that it was gaul stones. So I found a natural cure for them online.

It was pure olive oil (I think) and lemon juice.

I followed the directions exactly.........but I still remember drinking the pure oil....oh man it was so horrible...but I had already commited to chugging it, so I had to finish the glass....and I i did. After I finished it I quickly turned around and started drinking from a bottle of pineapple juice that I had on the counter (they said have this handy if you feel you will want to be sick after drinking the oil) and I did feel sick.

But after the pineapple juice all was okay.

Long story short I had a huge gaul stone and a few tiny ones. After that, no more pains =)

I told my mother what I did and to this day she still cant understand how I just drank down all that oil and did what I did.......my answer was, it was natural, it wouldnt kill me, no surgery....and I'm a bit of a bold explorer that way......i just man up and do it hahahha.

Wow! That's nothing less than amazing and fabulous too! WOW!!!!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    http://www.worldwidehealthcenter.net/article/flush-gall-stones-naturally

it was this one. =)

ps, i must mention I did not see the gall stone until around 2pm the next day, that is when they came out. And I was very sick the next morning, nausious etc, I was sick, but it was only oil that came out. But that is normal

It must have been quite fascinating to see those things.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    OMADing1 wrote: »
    Beginning OMAD journey

*****************************************************************************

WOW I'm so happy for you!!! You go girl!
    Are you going to do anything different in phase 2, now that you weigh a LOT less than when u started at phase 1?
  • OMADing1
    Options
    wow......you have done awesome omading!!! keep rocking girl!! <3<3<3
    I agree, from size 22 down to 16 is huge!! (im jealous hahah!)

Hey Boo <3 Thank you ever so much!!! It's truly wonderful and the 16w's are starting to be loose fitting on me now too, it's truly amazing, this OMAD life is o:)

• OMADing1
    edited November 2016
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Beginning OMAD journey

Are you going to do anything different in phase 2, now that you weigh a LOT less than when u started at phase 1?

HEY BOO!!!!! I'm so GLAD you're back, because I've truly missed you <3 Thanks so much for this question, YES...I'm definitely doing different things in this phase II of OMAD. Some of the things I'm doing differently is lowering my calories. Counting cals is definitely NOT necessary on OMAD, but for me--it's EASY to eat probably close to 2,000 cals or a lot more for my one meal, because I'm not weighing my food and neither will I be. Even though my initial cals were somewhere between my so-called "TDEE" or whatever that's called, I know it's been far more than the 1200-1400 cals I had for myself in phase I.

Also, I'm going to be adding more "mental/verbal" fasting in this phase II. I'll be "weighing" my thoughts and words more carefully than in phase I. I'll also be adding more "meditation/praying" during my fasting in this phase II as well (especially during my "dry fasting" day).

During this new phase II, I am now ready to incorporate one day per week of "dry" fasting as well.

I'm also changing my weekly weigh in day, from Wednesdays to Thursdays, because during phase I I almost ALWAYS lost more the next day of my official weigh-in day too.

During phase I, I was watching my carbs and increasing my fats big time, then I tampered off towards the end of phase I. Though carb watching and high fat intake is so not necessary in OMAD, I'm going to be focusing on those areas more as well.

These are just a few things I'll be doing be doing differently.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    What is "dry" fasting? Is that nothing all day and no water?
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Beginning OMAD journey

HEY BOO!!!!! I'm so GLAD you're back, because I've truly missed you <3 Thanks so much for this question, YES...I'm definitely doing different things in this phase II of OMAD. Some of the things I'm doing differently is lowering my calories. Counting cals is definitely NOT necessary on OMAD, but for me--it's EASY to eat probably close to 2,000 cals or a lot more for my one meal, because I'm not weighing my food and neither will I be. Even though my initial cals were somewhere between my so-called "TDEE" or whatever that's called, I know it's been far more than the 1200-1400 cals I had for myself in phase I.

Also, I'm going to be adding more "mental/verbal" fasting in this phase II. I'll be "weighing" my thoughts and words more carefully than in phase I. I'll also be adding more "meditation/praying" during my fasting in this phase II as well (especially during my "dry fasting" day).

During this new phase II, I am now ready to incorporate one day per week of "dry" fasting as well.

I'm also changing my weekly weigh in day, from Wednesdays to Thursdays, because during phase I I almost ALWAYS lost more the next day of my official weigh-in day too.

During phase I, I was watching my carbs and increasing my fats big time, then I tampered off towards the end of phase I. Though carb watching and high fat intake is so not necessary in OMAD, I'm going to be focusing on those areas more as well.

<3 I'm really glad to be back. I missed everyone here!
    Ah that makes a lot of sense. I'm asking you because I always want to learn new things :)

Do you reward yourself for hitting the phase goals? I'm personally trying to fit into over the knee boots which don't really cater for girls with slightly thicker calves than models. So if I manage to lose inches from my calves to be able to fit into these, a new purchase of over the knee boots will be my reward :)
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Beginning OMAD journey

...I'm going to be adding more "mental/verbal" fasting in this phase II. I'll be "weighing" my thoughts and words more carefully than in phase I. I'll also be adding more "meditation/praying" during my fasting in this phase II as well (especially during my "dry fasting" day). ..

During phase I, I was watching my carbs and increasing my fats big time, then I tampered off towards the end of phase I. Though carb watching and high fat intake is so not necessary in OMAD, I'm going to be focusing on those areas more as well...

I'm going to incorporate these aspects also. The spiritual, emotional, and mental state is just as important as the physical.

I find low carb/high fat blunts my appetite. I've been adding more carbs recently which has probably resurrected the carb cravings cycle. )

• OMADing1
    edited November 2016
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    What is "dry" fasting? Is that nothing all day and no water?

Introducing OMEOD: Dry Fasting for Health, Wellness, and Mental Clarity
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_kFuvtzQ8Y

Please Beware and NOTE: This is NOT for beginners of OMAD, period. This is NOT for folk who are dealing with disordered eating either, period. NO...make that exclamation!!!
  • OMADing1
    Options
    Beginning OMAD journey

<3 I'm really glad to be back. I missed everyone here!
    Ah that makes a lot of sense. I'm asking you because I always want to learn new things :)

Do you reward yourself for hitting the phase goals? I'm personally trying to fit into over the knee boots which don't really cater for girls with slightly thicker calves than models. So if I manage to lose inches from my calves to be able to fit into these, a new purchase of over the knee boots will be my reward :)

I've told you this many times and here goes again, I'M THRILLED THAT YOU'RE HERE!!!! You help me so much and I simply LOVE your questions! o:)

Do you reward yourself for hitting the phase goals?
    Yes, for the first time in my life, I truly am. I'm doing it somewhat differently though. I'm buying stuff is sizes much smaller, and using those as a catalyst of sorts to help motivate me. I just purchased a gorgeous lounging set that is fitting me now, but way too tight in the tummy area. It's a size medium...which is a dream size to/for me. I have another medium lounging caftan I purchased last month that fits like a gorgeous glove, but it's design is purposefully larger. This new set I purchased is not a caftan at all. I'm going to be taking pics of myself in it every week to watch myself shrink into it!

Also, I am rewarding myself with expensive and tremendous exotic herbal teas too. Lastly, I'm making myself personal weekly goals and if I hit them, I'll reward myself with a bottle of hard to find, exclusive and gorgeous perfume(s).

Those boots are going to be fabulous on you--I'm so excited for us....BOOM!!!!! Getting down to size NEVER felt so good, mentally as well.