DebSozo -- OMAD

Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Today I am having a non-hungry morning with no adjustment side effects-- no headache and feel nice and calm. Maybe this won't be the hellish first week after all that I expected and dreaded. I think the month keto in July - August and the subsequent 2MAD and LCHF has helped speed the transition.

I did get strong gnawing in the pit of the stomach in the middle of last night. However Bob's suggestion to take a teaspoon of coconut oil helped. The craving ceased immediately. So I know it wasn't true "hunger" or it likely wouldn't have worked.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »

I lost a pound! I lost a pound! I was on a plateau. But now I'm not! Yippee!

It gives me hope. This one itty-bitty bitty pound came at a crucial time for me. I've been on a plateau for a YEAR!

Honey, itty-bitty pound my FOOT! What you've accomplished is a HUGE mental and physical feat, you winner you!
    [[[[[[[[ o:)Hugs and High Fives Deb o:) }}}}}}}}}
    Seriously...to break a year long plateau it soooooo marvelous, but your 1 pound equals about 10lbs or more to someone with lots more to lose than you. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooo happy dancing with ya Deb--BOOOM!!!

1poundoffatisabigdeal.jpg?w=264&h=263

3002329.jpg?539

129acf2f9be86bf9bd4b9c4fd7a2c1c3.jpg

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    one pound is awesome!! congrats Deb! keep on rocking sweety!!! <3<3<3
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning and the pound is still off. I was thinking maybe yesterday was a fluke water drop. But maybe it will stay off!
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    OMADing1 wrote: »

It gives me hope. This one itty-bitty bitty pound came at a crucial time for me. I've been on a plateau for a YEAR!

Honey, itty-bitty pound my FOOT! What you've accomplished is a HUGE mental and physical feat, you winner you!
    Seriously...to break a year long plateau it soooooo marvelous, but your 1 pound equals about 10lbs or more to someone with lots more to lose than you. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooo happy dancing with ya Deb--BOOOM!!!

Thank you so much for putting this in perspective. Yes. One pound loss for me is a lot bigger deal than it is for someone of a higher body mass index. I'm trying to focus on lowering BMI for now. Then I plan to do more recomp when I go back into maintenance mode.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    OMADing1 wrote: »

Thank you so much for putting this in perspective. Yes. One pound loss for me is a lot bigger deal than it is for someone of a higher body mass index. I'm trying to focus on lowering BMI for now. Then I plan to do more recomp when I go back into maintenance mode.

My absolute pleasure and thank you for your help and contribution to helping our group be active, you rock! <3
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Keep plugging away, good job!
  • AmeliaOMAD
    AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi deb! I wanted to check in with you, how are you doing? Good on you! the protein shake: don't worry, you are getting there, it takes time, you are doing fantastic! Hold on, we are on day five, you can do it. I'm here with you.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Hi deb! I wanted to check in with you, how are you doing? Good on you! the protein shake: don't worry, you are getting there, it takes time, you are doing fantastic! Hold on, we are on day five, you can do it. I'm here with you.

I'm here. This is getting easier. Are you over the initial side effects yet? I only had one day of mild headache and a couple days of cravings.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    I think mainly,yes, just low energy, cold and hungry, if you call those a side effect.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    But yes, it's getting easier, psychologically. I'm still facing the hunger, but the determination is getting stronger. It's less of a "i feel deprived" thought, and more of a "I'm gonna win this fight" thing :)
  • DebSozo
    Options
    But yes, it's getting easier, psychologically. I'm still facing the hunger, but the determination is getting stronger. It's less of a "i feel deprived" thought, and more of a "I'm gonna win this fight" thing :)

I'm looking at it as we are Warrior Princesses and will conquer this!
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    You betcha!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Bummer Bummer Bummer. Ugh. Weight is back where it was. The pound down likely was normal water fluctuation or dehydration. Drat.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Keep at it Deb, don't worry! Yes likely water weight, it is unlikely to lose a pound of actual "fat" so quickly, but keep going, don't worry! The most important thing right now is to become adapted to OMAD until it's natural. Then the weight WILL come off. I remember in one of the videos (and multiple other Intermittent fasting videos) that it takes about two weeks for your body to understand what you are doing. Then it takes up the challenge and starts burning fat for energy, not the food. (when we are constantly topping up with food, the body uses that, when you go over 6 hours of fasting, or to to 24hrs, the body uses what is on you for fuel, as there is no food to take from).
    This is why I didn't want to weigh straight away. I want to wait until water etc drops off and I'm firm in the flow of OMAD, so disappointment can't kick me off (which is easy at the start because we think "what the hell, this isn't working, and I'm starving too, I will eat".
    Day 5 for me too, for some bizarre reason it was much easier today. I hope this marks a trend of the next phase, of not thinking about food so much. (well I was thinking about food all afternoon, but I wasn't "famished" as I have been, just a bit hungry and wanted to put food in my mouth(psychological hunger).
    How are you doing today Deb? How is the hunger level etc?
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Hunger level is fine. This is 11 am morning in USA Eastern Standard Time. I should have known better not to get caught up in the piddly pounds. I'll be happy if I maintain the first two weeks to start. I can't let my hopes get up early on in the game.

• AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    I hear you,I'm exactly the same
  • blambo61
    Options

I'm here. This is getting easier. Are you over the initial side effects yet? I only had one day of mild headache and a couple days of cravings.

I've read increasing salt intake can help with the headaches while fasting (Jason Fung's book)
  • blambo61
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I think mainly,yes, just low energy, cold and hungry, if you call those a side effect.

I do notice I don't run as hot while fasting and need to bundle up a little more. Some of that is just due to not having as much insulation as before also I'm sure.

I hardly ever have problem with energy levels though. I think the more our body learns to use fat, the more easy it can get what it needs from fat and that goes away. I think a little coconut oil may help, it won't turn off fat burning by increasing insulin even though your putting cals into yourself and it is metabolized quickly to provide energy. I'm not a medical doctor, nutritionist, yada, yada yada. Just stuff I've read and it seems to work for me that way.
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Recently I watched some of the Warrior Diet videos, and that guy has a similar approach like OMAD. Except that the difference is he allows small amounts of berries and light amounts of vegetable grazing in the daytime and one regular evening meal a day.