DebSozo -- OMAD

Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yesterday I "failed", I suppose.

DH took me out for Chinese food. I did great with that part of the OMAD and had one plate-- very proud I did not have seconds at the buffet. I ate steamed white fish, boiled shrimp with cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli, a bit of fresh fruit, and stayed away from the high calorie fried and batter coated foods. So success there.

But the hubby secretly bought Pina colada fixings and made up some marvelous tasting frozen drinks with pineapple and coconut milk. We have not had those in years-- used to have them when we were first married. We watched a couple old classic movies and had a couple of frozen Pina coladas for our at home "Friday date night".

--back on track for me today.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Hi deb! I wanted to check in with you, how are you doing? Good on you! the protein shake: don't worry, you are getting there, it takes time, you are doing fantastic! Hold on, we are on day five, you can do it. I'm here with you.

I'm here. This is getting easier. Are you over the initial side effects yet? I only had one day of mild headache and a couple days of cravings.

I've read increasing salt intake can help with the headaches while fasting (Jason Fung's book)

I really like Jason Fung. Have you been to his website? He talks about how Coca-Cola funded the guy from the "twinkle diet" and some other dastardly funding of other scientific studies Coke company paid for.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I have not been to his website. I've read his book and re-read some of it. I think he is mostly right. I think he makes a few mis-statements like gaining weight is a hormone thing and not a calorie thing. I think it is both. You can't gain weight without a calorie surplus because the energy has to come from somewhere but I think the hormone thing (high insulin) is required in addition to the cal surplus so I think it is both. He does say high insulin drives appetite so he does account for cal surpluses some but only as driven by insulin. I think we sometimes overindulge independent of what insulin tells us to do so I don't think it is all insulin related either but I do think insulin levels and sensitivity to it are big players.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Here is a link to Jason's November blog.
    https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I "failed", I suppose.

DH took me out for Chinese food. I did great with that part of the OMAD and had one plate-- very proud I did not have seconds at the buffet. I ate steamed white fish, boiled shrimp with cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli, a bit of fresh fruit, and stayed away from the high calorie fried and batter coated foods. So success there.

But the hubby secretly bought Pina colada fixings and made up some marvelous tasting frozen drinks with pineapple and coconut milk. We have not had those in years-- used to have them when we were first married. We watched a couple old classic movies and had a couple of frozen Pina coladas for our at home "Friday date night".

--back on track for me today.

No you didn't fail at all. We have 4 hours to consume our meal time (even though it's primarily to be consumed in 1 hour, we still have the 4 hour window. PLUS, having a date night with your beloved is super fabulous, period. You're doing so well Deb, I "see" a HUGE difference in your "spirit/attitude" already, in this short time period, via your writing and it's amazing to behold.
    6e44028936a5bef5ec511ede1900faaf.jpg
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Remember to drink a lot of water. It helps when you're hungry. When your stomach begins growling I look at it as if it's telling you not to forget to eat and it's probably when it's burning a lot of fat. You've been doing great. One pound is an awesome loss. Congrats!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Remember to drink a lot of water. It helps when you're hungry. When your stomach begins growling I look at it as if it's telling you not to forget to eat and it's probably when it's burning a lot of fat. You've been doing great. One pound is an awesome loss. Congrats!

--except that it came back :(

I can't get caught up in the excitement of losing and the defeat of gaining the same 4 pounds over and over. This time it has to work. I HAVE to get down below the 4 pound loss mark and keep it under before I start celebrating about any stupid pounds lost. I'm feeling a bit defeated and discouraged today.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I'm not feeling well today. Maybe tomorrow I will feel better.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Plot your weight data. Sometimes we gain water etc and it can effect each day's readings. you can see what is really doing on when plotting. If you are not having success, I would also consider counting calories to make sure that is where it should be. Good luck!
  • AmeliaOMAD
    AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Heya Deb.I know tis hard to not feel blue, but its only been a week, don't worry. You were already eating quite well before this so it' not like you are going to suddenly drop a whole to of water weight, etc, because you were previously bingeing macdonalds 5 times a dy.Hang in there love, I'm with you. It will start to come off.
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Plot your weight data. Sometimes we gain water etc and it can effect each day's readings. you can see what is really doing on when plotting. If you are not having success, I would also consider counting calories to make sure that is where it should be. Good luck!

Thank you. Great advice.

ETA: What do you plot your weight data on?
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Thanks Amelia. I guess I got a little let down thinking that the plateau broke when it hasn't.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    One week update. I got on the scales this morning and the number is EXACTLY the same as it was last Monday.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options

--except that it came back :(

I can't get caught up in the excitement of losing and the defeat of gaining the same 4 pounds over and over. This time it has to work. I HAVE to get down below the 4 pound loss mark and keep it under before I start celebrating about any stupid pounds lost. I'm feeling a bit defeated and discouraged today.

Hi Deb: I want to share some personal things about myself that may help you in some way.

Can I be frank and suggest that you stop worrying about how much you lose and just take it one day at a time? Weigh only one time a week on the same day and at the same time. Your body WILL lose weight when you follow this program. It has to. Stress makes you hold onto weight and you're beating yourself up. You're worth more than that.

The reason I'm sharing this with you is because I was exactly like you. Gaining and losing the same weight for years. It became a psychological issue and my mind played games with me. You can stop the vicious cycle by not worrying about the scale. In fact, put it away for a few weeks and don't think about it. That's exactly what I did.

I was a scale junkie and it kept me from losing weight for years. The mental pressure I put on myself was terrible and I didn't realize that it kept me in a prison which I couldn't get out of. I was so focused on my failure that I couldn't move forward. Every day I did battle with myself. It was so tiring and I found no peace in anything I tried to do.

I finally decided to put the scales away and just to follow the program I was on to a 'T' and stop weighing. I knew every night when I got in bed and looked back over my day that I did my best and it gave me strength to do it again the next day.

I read a story once about a man pulling a heavy bag of rocks around with him every day. This bag was filled with all kinds of negative things that filled his mind and his life. He drug this heavy bag up and down hills (representing his life) until he came to the foot of the cross where Jesus was. He layed this bag at the foot of the cross and gave it to Jesus. He just let them go and decided not to pick it up again. He walked away with all of his burdens gone knowing that he gave them to someone who could handle them.

Many years later while still trying to lose weight, that story came into my mind. I put myself in the story and pictured myself carrying my bag of rocks filled with fear, worthlessness, dissapointment, negativity, and many other feelings about myself and my life. I too laid my heavy bag of rocks (burdens) at the foot of the cross just like the man in the story did and I decided never to pick it up again. I learned to respect myself, love myself, and treat myself as if I were my best friend.

This may not be your way but whatever is holding you in this place needs to be set down for you to move forward. Just make a decision not to pick it up again and keep a positive picture of yourself...where you want to go and who you want to be. That is your motivation.

I learned that weight is just a number on a scale. It doesn't define who you are as a person. I had to accept myself as I was and then love myself enough to get healthier. Everyone's weight goes up and down when they are losing and that's why it's important to weigh once a week.

Please don't think about your weight for a while and just follow the program. Don't judge yourself by what others are doing. I promise you will lose weight eventually and you will feel so much better when you let those feelings go.

I hope this helps in some way coming from an former scale junkie.

God Bless,
    Linda
    (Saved By Grace)
  • AmeliaOMAD
    AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Linda you are fab. I'm taking your story with me.
    Deb, you can throw that bags of rocks across the atlantic, I will catch them for you. I will take your rocks, examine them, tell them off, then take them, and mine too, and give them to some local mafia dudes here. (don't know any yet but I'll find some for us). They can have our blasted rocks ;)
    Ignore the scale for now. Focus on how you feel. We've all got your back here.

Remember every day is a new day. I was feeling pretty down after the weekend, but we are in this together, and I'm not giving up. I won't let you either.

Today I knew that old hunger monster would strike, so I beat it to it. I was rather depressed about a few things in my life at the moment. I picked myself up, left the hunger at home and went for a walk, a LONG one. It killed the hunger, changed my mind, and by the time I got back home, I was a new person, and about an hour late for dinner.
    I highly recommend it.
    How are you today?
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Linda and Amelia-- I do feel "lighter" after reading your posts. You are right. I don't need to stress about my weight or let it control how I feel about the day.
    <3
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I do feel like I walked over a bockade today. Time to get out of the trenches and move forward!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    what can I say?? Everyone else has given you fantastic advice! I can only agree with them!!
    Love you and keep strong darling xoxo
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Thanks, Kitty!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Great advice and encouragement-- getting a second wind for the second week~~~