Torani syrup

Options

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Torani sugar-free you sy? lafu1gdkjobp.jpeg
    Order direct from them. Much cheaper, and you can get their entire product line.

Even what I have is only a small part of their SF offering.

@Gallowmere1984 What is the cookie dough like? I've almost bought it from low carb Canada so many times but for the $$$ I'm wary :/
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Torani sugar-free you sy? lafu1gdkjobp.jpeg
    Order direct from them. Much cheaper, and you can get their entire product line.

Even what I have is only a small part of their SF offering.

@Gallowmere1984 What is the cookie dough like? I've almost bought it from low carb Canada so many times but for the $$$ I'm wary :/

It's actually really good. I like to use it along with MyProtein's Vanilla Milk Protein Isolate as a creamer replacement. Works amazingly well, even when I am on my RFL runs, as it's almost pure protein, and gives the coffee a nice creamy/foamy texture.
  • HawkPNP
    HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use SF watermelon and lime during the summer added to my water.

I need these...I'm totally thinking vodka, club soda, and the flavorings.

Summer, here I come!!!

And off topic -- hey from a former-Iowa girl!
  • nichellelee2002
    nichellelee2002 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My two favorites are SF Peppermint which I add to Baronet Chocolate Mint Coffee pods and SF Banana which I add to Melitta Creme Brulee coffee pods, the banana IMO tastes like Butterscotch added to the Creme Brulee coffee. These are my two favorites out of my collection of 8 flavors.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    My two favorites are SF Peppermint which I add to Baronet Chocolate Mint Coffee pods and SF Banana which I add to Melitta Creme Brulee coffee pods, the banana IMO tastes like Butterscotch added to the Creme Brulee coffee. These are my two favorites out of my collection of 8 flavors.

I always hear great things about so many different companies banana flavored things. Hell, the top rated casein flavor from MyPro is actually banana. Why can't the get other flavors down so well? I can't stand banana. They are all just taunting me, I know it.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

I always hear great things about so many different companies banana flavored things. Hell, the top rated casein flavor from MyPro is actually banana. Why can't the get other flavors down so well? I can't stand banana. They are all just taunting me, I know it.

I feel this hard. Hate banana, can't find a decent birthday cake flavour to save my damn life -_-
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @Gallowmere1984, I think I recall reading somewhere that Banana was one of the very first synthetic flavourings that were perfected... apparently a fairly simple chemical formula that fools our tastebuds easily.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Yuck...Banana. when Anna was small she couldn't swallow pills so all of her meds had to be liquid and they were all flavored like banana. I couldn't even stand the smell!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @Gallowmere1984, I think I recall reading somewhere that Banana was one of the very first synthetic flavourings that were perfected... apparently a fairly simple chemical formula that fools our tastebuds easily.

I don't know if I'd go that far. Bear in mind, banana flavored stuff never actually tastes like banana. I remember eating one of those banana Runts and Now and Laters as a kid and thinking "man, this doesn't taste like banana...it tastes...yellow". It was the only word I could find to describe it.
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have French Vanilla and Belgian Cookie right now. They're both good.
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »

I don't know if I'd go that far. Bear in mind, banana flavored stuff never actually tastes like banana. I remember eating one of those banana Runts and Now and Laters as a kid and thinking "man, this doesn't taste like banana...it tastes...yellow". It was the only word I could find to describe it.

YES!!! I personally hate all banana flavoring. I loved runts as a kid. though I only remember finding them in the quarter candy machines...
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I always liked those cheap marshmallow bananas, lol. Maybe our tastebuds are different. :p
    Interesting article in Popular Science: popsci.com/history-flavors-us-pictorial
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just picked up salted caramel and vanilla today because of this thread! :)
  • lodabb2014
    lodabb2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Salted Caramel is fantastic. I put it in coffee.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    lodabb2014 wrote: »
    Salted Caramel is fantastic. I put it in coffee.

This makes me want to try using it as a heated binder base for a microwave protein brownie using Quest salted caramel powder. The syrups actually work shockingly well at holding proteins together if you heat them long enough to evaporate most of the water.
  • 805_blondie
    805_blondie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love the salted caramel, to be fair it's the only one I've tried so far. I've used it in a keto raspberry cheesecake I made for my birthday and in coffee. My mom said she could taste an aftertaste but she used a lot more than I did.
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Is there much different between Torani and DaVinci brands?
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just had a banana flavoured sugar free davinci soy milkshake today. All the banana haters around means more for me!
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    suzqtme wrote: »
    Is there much different between Torani and DaVinci brands?

Not that I have noticed. I choose just by flavor and price between them. Netrition.com generally has decent prices, but occasionally you can find some of them on better sales locally (i.e. Kohls or a few other odd stores).
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Here's the list from Torani's website -

http://shop.torani.com/Sugar-Free-Syrups/c/Torani@SugarFreeSyrups

There's a variety 6-pack for $44 with -
    Sugar Free Vanilla, Sugar Free Salted Caramel, Sugar Free Hazelnut, Sugar Free Chocolate, Sugar Free Coconut and Sugar Free French Vanilla.

And a coupon for BOGO (1 bottle max).