Cari's online journal

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    So glad to have an update from you!!!! Sorry the not tracking didn't work out, it's not something I can do either...if I stop tracking I just eat way more, plus since I don't eat meat I like to track to make sure I get enough protein and fat. You have had a rough year, next year is almost here and it's bound to be a less traumatic one!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tiffany. I sure do hope so.
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Days 1-3 are in the books. Tracked. Not saying I didn't dip into the weekly points allowance, but they're in there.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's a start - and we ALL have to start SOMEWHERE...
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    YAY to tracking!!!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    That's great! @carimiller7391 Keep it up, you're doing awesome! =)
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Thanks Kayla!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    You're welcome @carimiller7391! I look forward to your next update! =)
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Hey ladies and gents.... between my full time job, my part time job, my new boyfriend who wants more time than I have even if I had NO jobs...... I may disappear or be sparse for awhile. I'm doing ok. The bipolar (major depressive episode) is subsiding and I'm starting to feel like me again. Starting Monday 11/14/16, I will be using MFP to track cals but now sure how often I will be able to check in. Hopefully I can do something and check up/in about once a week. I'm checking in from work today. We aren't as busy on Saturdays as we are during the week.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Good luck moving forward, try not to let life get in the way of your health. It's really easy to prioritize other things first, trust me me I've been falling victim to it every other month.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Balancing life can get tough sometimes but you can do this @carimiller7391! I hope you do manage to check in with us from time to time, it's nice to know how you're doing and I look forward to your updates!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    So much for being back to normal. I took tylenol cold and flu severe.....made my bipolar meds non existent. So I feel worse than before. Waiting on word from the doctor to pull me out of work for awhile to get myself together. I'm at work right now, but not functioning well.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hopefully you get the break you need and start feeling better soon!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Thanks Kayla!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    You're welcome @carimiller7391!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    To those that read my journal...... what non "drug" item or natural energy source do you use.

My life has spiraled out of control. I went out of work Dec 7th thru Jan 17th. The sadness, the depression, the low energy are all problems I'm experiencing on top of the just spiral out of control. My moods and emotions are just crazy right now. I need a natural energy source to aide in the low energy to help me get up and do things. Right now all I want to do is sleep and eat.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I use a combination of amino acids and caffeine, as well as daylight therapy with double dose D3/K2/B-12, etc. To keep the caffeine from getting overwhelming, I have to balance it with taurine. Aside from that, focusing on sleep, relaxation things, etc., is about all I can think of. The urge to sleep and eat comes with the weather, and the dramatically smaller amounts of sunlight available, so I'd probably focus on the D3 (liquid if needed for absorption) with the K2 to aid absorption/direct traffic (AM). B-Complex (AM), with B-12 if needed in the PM. Daylight lamp/sunlight therapy would be 15 minutes direct sunlight or 30 minutes sun lamp (tanning beds are acceptable for therapeutic needs) as early as possible - upon just waking if possible, then again around 2 pm. This bumps up the circadian rhythm naturally to allow it to taper to a normal level at bedtime, when melatonin kicks in. If you don't use l-theanine to stay asleep or 5-htp (with tyrosine during daytime to balance) or something, you might do that, as improving sleep quality might help daytime wakefulness, too. But being off work means you don't have an automatically required schedule - so maybe make one for yourself?
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    My first go to for energy issues are things that feed the thyroid and adrenals - these are usually nutritionally deprived in an american diet. Your adrenals process stress, and your thyroid controls your circadian rhythms, so when these organs are nutritionally deprived, you are way stressed out and have no energy plus sleep quality tends to be poor. Assuming there are no issues with high blood pressure, licorice root is the very best single food for your adrenals, but it does tend to increase blood pressure in some people, so if that is a concern Nervous Fatigue is a better fit (it's a tcm, traditional chinese medicine, I know Nature's Sunshine has a version, but if you have a local herb shop you should be able to get it there too). I always use Nature's Sunshine Thyroid Support (1/day) and Thyroid Activator (1/day) plus lugol iodine (1 drop topically/day) for my thyroid - higher doses of the TS and TA are on the label, but I'm a fan of starting small and only increasing if you don't get any response within 3 days. Plus eating lots of adrenal/thyroid supporting foods...seaweed, fish, beans, coconut oil, avocado, olives, nuts - turkey and liver too, if you are a meat eater.

I'm so sorry you are struggling right now, hang in there!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I don't have any advice about energy but I hope things improve for you soon!