Christmas is coming...stocking ideas?

Options
Hi all -

My bf and I are celebrating our first keto/low-carb Christmas together and I'm trying to come up with a list of food related items to put in a stocking instead of the usual sugary Christmas stuff.

So far I have macadamia nuts and coconut oil.

We don't do SF stuff so sweets are out -- but feel free to include those suggestions also as it might help others who are in the same boat!

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Jerky comes to mind, artisanal cheeses and Charcuterie items? Michael Ruhlman's book on doing your own Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing would be welcome in my stocking :). Lots of low carb cookbooks, either a hard copy or a holiday decorated page of links to an assortment of them on the web.

How about other nuts in individual packets for eating on road trips?

Candy mold for making fat bombs?

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky/slim jims? I'm not sure of the carb content on those, though. Maybe you could focus on non-food items more.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Bags of shirataki noodles. Tea or Coffee, if you drink it. Small kitchen gadgets, like tea dippers, bottle stoppers, fun ice cube molds, cheese knives, etc. Gift certificates or gift cards. Fake snow balls so you can have a snowball fight in the living room (not food but fun).
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    Options
    Also thought of those little bags of bacon pieces from the salad dressing aisle. I may have to make a list for the hubby, too.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    Bags of shirataki noodles. Tea or Coffee, if you drink it. Small kitchen gadgets, like tea dippers, bottle stoppers, fun ice cube molds, cheese knives, etc. Gift certificates or gift cards. Fake snow balls so you can have a snowball fight in the living room (not food but fun).

Or cute silicon candy molds, great for making mini fat bombs!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Even before keto, my wife almost always got me summer sausage and jerky. She also sometimes got me odd flavors of sunflower seeds. Now, I would need to check them to see how many carbs are added to give them that jalapeño flavor.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Mini aftershaves/perfume bottles. Bath salts. Massage oil and a little massage book to go with it. "Adult" vouchers (my friend got date nights that she cashed in last year) Miniature creams & lotions.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Bacon Jerky, cocoa butter for coffee (yum), travel size coffee frother and mug for BPC, gift card to a steak dinner
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Nut butters, things like Primal Blueprint Bars, Epic bars, etc. Especially, too, things that are more pricey that you might not otherwise get. I'm honestly thinking about a couple's gift to ourselves of a good toaster oven and ditching my microwave completely!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    World Market always has miniature sizes of all kinds of cheeses, sauces, canned meats and such. My kids got a kick out of the mini Tabasco sauces they got a couple years back, and I liked the different mustards we tried.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    World Market always has miniature sizes of all kinds of cheeses, sauces, canned meats and such. My kids got a kick out of the mini Tabasco sauces they got a couple years back, and I liked the different mustards we tried.

This is where I go to get my husband stuff like this for his stocking. He loves all the different flavor specialty cheeses and sausages and hot sauces too! He isn't even LC but still loves these.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I forgot about World Market, there is one a few miles from my house. Will have to pay a visit for some holiday goodies.
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Moon cheese
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I would like nuts, cheeses, jerky, and maybe some fancy mayos or mustards. A sugar free coffee syrup too. And gourmet coffee or fancy teas. Pepperoni. Wine.

Now I'm hungry...
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    McShorty7 wrote: »
    Moon cheese

Holy crap! I just Googled this to see what this was and had to order it online. Can't wait to try....this is going in MY stocking, lol

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I would like nuts, cheeses, jerky, and maybe some fancy mayos or mustards. A sugar free coffee syrup too. And gourmet coffee or fancy teas. Pepperoni. Wine.

Now I'm hungry...

This reminds me I need to tell my wife NOT to get me nuts this year. She will frequently get me some kind of flavored (generally spicy like habanero) nuts, but nuts are just so dang easy to overeat. I have had to cut back on how often I eat them. Packing away 1000-1500 calories in a matter of minutes became too frequent.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    esaucier17 wrote: »
    McShorty7 wrote: »
    Moon cheese

Holy crap! I just Googled this to see what this was and had to order it online. Can't wait to try....this is going in MY stocking, lol

You can buy this at Starbucks as well!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    How has nobody mentioned freakin' awesome dark chocolate yet? Or did I totally miss it?
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    How has nobody mentioned freakin' awesome dark chocolate yet? Or did I totally miss it?

Yes...it is awesome!
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome ideas! I wish we had World Market in Canada - it sounds amazing!