My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Thursday: 316 minutes
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,712 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Challenge 3 ---Donner on Dancer---Complete

1-I use my Fitbit- I never go under 10,000 steps -unless I have a good reason.
    2-I log my food faithfully.
    3- Try not to purchase foods that tempt me.
    4-Drink lots of water.
    5-Plan my menu`s for the week.
    6-Shopping- continue to go to the markets.
    7- Now I always make time everyday for exercise.
    8- Treat my self-

Something new I like to do is joining a gym. That will have to wait until Sept.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    M-W were super long packed days! Let's just say three 12-14 hour days is enough this time of year!!!!!

Today was a bit better!

I really won't have time to do challenges until Sunday, but I will; I'm going to do Nemo and first challenge then.

For the last challenge, 8 choices I want to continue:
    1. Viewing my life through the lens of gratitude; when I feel lucky, I don't 'need' to eat to fill a hole.
    2. Getting enough sleep; makes all the difference
    3. Spend less time working at home --- hahhahahaa! As much as possible, I guess.
    4. Exercise as many days a week as I can
    5. Be forgiving when I need to tend to the kids' and students' needs and I get put on the back burner
    6. Eat 600 calories or less before 5pm
    7. Focus on increasing protein to meet protein goal
    8. Drink more water!!!

Something new I would like to pick up:
    Strength training. I have spent a lot of time walking/running/biking. I think I need a change.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    On the subject of terrible bosses - I've sure had my share! At my organization they promoted people to their highest level of incompetence and then let them have free reign to make their subordinate's lives a living he11 in the interest of making the big bosses happy (kissing booty). My last boss actually told me his greatest pleasure in life was catching people goofing off! He was about 6'5" and would wander around peering into people's cubicles hoping to catch them "not working". It was such a climate of fear and intimidation that even the hardest workers were afraid of being written up. I sat right next to him so I was pretty aware of his movements. Mostly I just kept my head down and did my job so he didn't bother me much, but everyone else completely despised him.

About 6 months after I retired he was unexpectedly laid off along with 30 other mid-level managers. Finally, they cleaned house. I heard he hasn't found another job. What goes around comes around, as they say!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Feeling a little better, so managed to get some parts of the challenge completed some yesterday and some today.

Challenge 1: Let's Mush!
    Standing Abs x2
    Standing Abs with Dumbbells x2
    complete

Challenge 2: A Canuck's Choice
    I chose to do the Rajio Taiso from the visit to Kyoto. I started on Wednesday and since it's 2 videos per day for 5 days, it will take me until Sunday to get finished. Because I'm still feeling puny I figured I'd be able to pull that one off and still meet the challenge.
    2/5 complete

Challenge 3: On Donner, On Dancer!
    Eight lifestyle choices to continue:

1. Practice gratitude - find something every day to be grateful for and that brings me joy.
    2. Stay active - do things that I enjoy like aquasize, yoga, walking, and disc golf.
    3. Log my food diary, but don't get obsessive about it. Skipping a day here and there is OK.
    4. Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day.
    5. Take my vitamins.
    6. Encourage others to make healthy choices, but don't be judgemental or preachy about it.
    7. Celebrate my victories and practice self-love. I will never be model perfect, but I can be very happy with the body I have and the improvements I see as time goes by.
    8. Continue doing MFP challenges with awesome people who have similar goals!

One lifestyle choice to add: (Sorry, but I have 3 for this coming year.)

1. Organize my physical space while letting go of the need for perfection.
    2. Complete the 10K Great Columbia Crossing. (We cancelled due to our dog needing surgery, but then it was cancelled anyway due to weather.)
    3. Eat the food I have grown and put up/preserved. I have an entire freezer full of food, so I need to go "shopping" in my own grocery store.

@MissionEnforcer for Challenge #3.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I ran this morning. I'm away at a conference and finding it hard to get the extra minutes! It's so cold out, is hard to do anything outside! After the conference I went to the mall and walked the length of the mall for 20 minutes. When I got to my parents condo I went up and down the stairs and through all 4 floors, but that was only 5! I'm going to try to do a long run tomorrow morning, but it's supposed to be -33c!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    @Mrscanmore - that is crazy cold! I have been whining about it being right at freezing here. It is 33F right now, which is pretty cold for us. We actually had a dusting of snow today, so we think it's winter. (They closed a bunch of the schools already.) LOL
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Feeling a little better, so managed to get some parts of the challenge completed some yesterday and some today.

Standing Abs x2
    complete

I chose to do the Rajio Taiso from the visit to Kyoto. I started on Wednesday and since it's 2 videos per day for 5 days, it will take me until Sunday to get finished. Because I'm still feeling puny I figured I'd be able to pull that one off and still meet the challenge.
    2/5 complete

1. Practice gratitude - find something every day to be grateful for and that brings me joy.
    2. Stay active - do things that I enjoy like aquasize, yoga, walking, and disc golf.
    3. Log my food diary, but don't get obsessive about it. Skipping a day here and there is OK.
    5. Take my vitamins.
    6. Encourage others to make healthy choices, but don't be judgemental or preachy about it.
    7. Celebrate my victories and practice self-love. I will never be model perfect, but I can be very happy with the body I have and the improvements I see as time goes by.

2. Complete the 10K Great Columbia Crossing. (We cancelled due to our dog needing surgery, but then it was cancelled anyway due to weather.)
    3. Eat the food I have grown and put up/preserved. I have an entire freezer full of food, so I need to go "shopping" in my own grocery store.

Only recently have I started forcing myself to use all the food I have at home. We're so used to having our pantries, shelves, refrigerators & freezers full of food! Then, we go to the store & because something's on sale, we buy it! I used to throw away tons of fresh fruit & vegetables! Thankfully I'm doing much better & working to get better still!

• MiamiSeoul
    Options
    MINUTES/MILES
    5 Dec. 170 minutes
    6 Dec. 90 minutes
    7 Dec. 170 minutes
    8 Dec. 189 minutes (141 minutes walking + 45 minutes day 7, December 30 Day challenges + 3 - 1 minute planks)
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    No one mentioned we arrived in Canada!

Let's crank out those bonus minutes & finish strong!

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    No one mentioned we arrived in Canada!

Let's crank out those bonus minutes & finish strong!

Cool, we weren't there yesterday when I logged my minutes...and once again, we're first to the destination!! Yippie! Way to go Fab Fives!

img_1942.jpg
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Challenge 1: complete
    Challenge 2: JAPAN! Completed Rajio Taiso (which I've kept doing because it makes me feel lovely), and completed sumo workout.
    Challenge 3: complete

Lifestyle Changes
    1. Do yoga everyday to keep mind clear
    2. Have breakfast everyday
    3. Go out with friends for happiness and excitement
    4. Continue adventuring with physical journeys (hiking, rock climbing, exploring)
    5. Draw more (write, sketch, crochet... any craft to get my creativity flowing)
    6. Practice music more
    7. Don't sweat the small stuff (let small aggravations go, I don't have time to stress over silly things)
    8. Try new exercises (swimming, dancing, skating....find FUN in the exercises I'm doing.)

9. Accept where I am currently and make the changes from here.

@MissionEnforcer
  • My_Butt
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    Challenge 1: complete
    Challenge 2: JAPAN! Completed Rajio Taiso (which I've kept doing because it makes me feel lovely), and completed sumo workout.
    Challenge 3: complete

Lifestyle Changes
    1. Do yoga everyday to keep mind clear
    2. Have breakfast everyday
    3. Go out with friends for happiness and excitement
    4. Continue adventuring with physical journeys (hiking, rock climbing, exploring)
    5. Draw more (write, sketch, crochet... any craft to get my creativity flowing)
    6. Practice music more
    7. Don't sweat the small stuff (let small aggravations go, I don't have time to stress over silly things)
    8. Try new exercises (swimming, dancing, skating....find FUN in the exercises I'm doing.)

9. Accept where I am currently and make the changes from here.

This completes all of my challenges, so I should be up to date on the spreadsheet.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited December 2016
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

Standing Abs x2
    complete

2/5 complete

5. Take my vitamins.

Only recently have I started forcing myself to use all the food I have at home. We're so used to having our pantries, shelves, refrigerators & freezers full of food! Then, we go to the store & because something's on sale, we buy it! I used to throw away tons of fresh fruit & vegetables! Thankfully I'm doing much better & working to get better still!

This is me exactly. Always having an eye out for a bargain and overbuying produce when it's on sale. So fresh and looks so good, but not able to use it all up. I'm also doing much better at it, but it's definitely a change in the mind-set.

My minutes are pretty sad this week, but I will get all the challenges done.

Challenge 1 - complete

Challenge 2 - 3/5 days Rajio Taiso

Challenge 3 - complete

Minutes/Miles
    Mon - 20
    Tue - 0
    Wed - 35
    Thu - 40
    Fri - TBD
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Update - While I love the Rajio Taiso workouts, I didn't want to wait until Sunday to get this one done, so I switched up Challenge #2 to the following:

1. "Train Like a Sumo"
    2. Completed today 12/9/2016
    3. Posted on Fab 5 thread
    4. I chose this one because I'd love a shapely butt and I also wanted to get Challenge #2 finished.
    5. 10 points added to the spreadsheet

Also re-posting Challenge #3 because I didn't number it correctly. Same list, but adding #9 per the instructions (want to make sure I get the points validated)!

5. Take my vitamins.

One lifestyle choice to add:

9. Eat the food I have grown and put up/preserved. I have an entire freezer full of food, so I need to go "shopping" in my own grocery store.

@MissionEnforcer for Challenge #2 and #3.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Been dreading the ab video challenge, but they aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. I like the 6 minute one better than the 12 minute dumbbell one, but they both might make it into my workout repertoire since I need to do more core work, and planks are a drudge to do all the time. So, I got one set of the ab videos done this evening, and plan to do one more set tomorrow (though if I'm motivated I might try to knock it out later tonight after dinner).

Sad I didn't finish my weigh ins here on a loss, but was so happy to see my NSV for the day. You always have to find something to boost your morale when the scale and tape measure aren't cooperating. Thanks for the kind comments about the picture I posted on my feed.

Ugh, need to get some planks done since I skipped them yesterday. And probably some more gazelle tonight to get some minutes (while watching TV). Hope everyone is having a grand Friday! I can't believe this is our last weekend together as a Team... :'(
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Finished Challenge #1 this morning. I did the first video on Monday, the second video on Wednesday, and did them both again this morning. I was surprised how much I felt those in my legs!

I completed Challenge #2 on Wednesday, but I noticed my 10 points are still in red. If I missed doing something to get the credit, let me know. Here's what I posted on Wednesday:

Challenge 2 - Finding Nemo

1.) SIMPLY CHOOSE ONE OF THE THIRTEEN ABOVE CHALLENGES - DONE
    2.) DO IT- DONE
    3.) POST ON YOUR THREAD WHICH ONE YOU DID - DONE
    4.) STATE WHY YOU CHOSE THE ONE YOU DID! - because I've realized how little upper body strength I have and how flappy my arms are!
    5.) PUT 10 POINTS IN THE APPROPRIATE CHALLENGE BOX - DONE

This will probably be it for me this week. We are leaving at 8 am Saturday morning to visit friends and go to a Christmas concert. We will not be home until Sunday late. This has been such a great challenge and I have thoroughly enjoyed every "minute" - pun intended!
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Friday: 71 minutes
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I've just got 1 video left. I did the short one twice yesterday, and then the longer one once today. I'll finish tomorrow.