TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Well, this is a bittersweet challenge week for me. I love Hawaii! We had a vacation planned a few weeks ago for 8 days in Maui to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. Had to cancel it due to our little dog, Millie, needing surgery. I've enjoyed the pretty pictures, but sad to say that virtual Hawaii is not the same as the real thing. :'( Hopefully we can reschedule in the spring.

As for the challenges - not much to report yet. It is pretty stormy this week but forecast for a couple drier days Thursday and Friday. I don't mind walking in the rain, but today it's raining sideways! If it stops for a bit I'll get out and walk around my property with the convalescing dog (slow pace, but it IS outside).

Challenge 1: waiting for a bit of a break in the weather

Challenge 2: not yet, will do some today

Challenge 3: 1/5 complete

Minutes:
    Monday - 120
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    WEEK FIVE: ALOHA IN KAUAI!

CHALLENGE #1: “HIKING THE NA PALI COAST” (10 Points)
    ****TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #1,
    YOU MUST HIKE/WALK OUTSIDE (YES, OUTSIDE!)
    FOR A TOTAL OF FOUR MILES.****
    Completed 11/15

CHALLENGE #2: “JAMMIN’ TO THE GROOVE” (10 points)
    Nothing yet.

CHALLENGE #3: “NO LUAU LEFTOVERS” (5 points)
    1/5

MINUTES/MILES
    14 Nov. 0 minutes
    15 Nov. 150 minutes (115 minutes walking + 30 minutes days 14 & 15, 30 Day Abs + Legs + Glutes Challenge + 5 minutes stretching)

Knocked out my four miles today, it was a good day for it. It was pretty cool in the wee hours; it didn't hit 70° until about 10a.m.! This is the best fall we've had in years! I plan to get through as many videos as possible tomorrow & get my bonus five exercise minutes. Yesterday was a bust for food intake, but I'll be on track for the rest of the week.

I feel your pain @RaeBeeBaby. Take care.

Good night!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Monday: 303 minutes
  • jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I finished my 4 mile hike today. It was a nice day but it's getting colder here. I've done 4 dance videos so far and I've completed 2/5 days for challenge 3. I have to work a bingo tonight and am going to be running back and forth selling tickets (people always seem to wait until Im at the other end of the hall to decide they need more) so I should end up with a good step count.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    Went for my four mile hike it was like a summer day, the sun felt amazing it is never like this week usually around 5c. is the normal.
    Challenge #1 -complete
    Challenge #2
    Challenge#3 -2/5
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I went for another mile walk tonight. The scenery wasn't very exciting, I took my daughter to her violin lesson, which is about 300m from the recycling depot. I then walked back and forth 3 times taking back all our cardboard
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    Monday: 303 minutes

Added to the spreadsheet. Great job!

=============================
    I completed my required 4 miles outside today... walked during my lunch yesterday 3.44 miles and today 2.05 miles.

I have done 3 of the videos so far and 2/2 on under calorie goal for my diary.

We are halfway thru this challenge team, so need to keep the pace. It will be interesting to see what our destination is for next week and challenges when most of us will be having our Thanksgiving week.

Have a Happy Hump Day!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Made a little progress today, despite the weather.

Challenge 1: .5 miles - that was twice around my property with Millie leading the way

Challenge 2: 4/8

Challenge 3: 2/5 complete

Minutes:
    Monday - 120
    Tuesday - 30
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Tuesday: 255 minutes
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I've done half my miles. My fingers and nose were too cold to do more. Holding out til Friday when it's "supposed" to be warmer to do the other half.

I'm not too worried about challenges next week as long as none of them include an actual thanksgiving meal (hoping they won't, considering the global nature of the website?) because I'll be working and won't actually have a holiday. But on the bright side, also won't have to worry about any special meals to try to fit in. :tongue:
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    WEEK FIVE: ALOHA IN KAUAI!

CHALLENGE #1: “HIKING THE NA PALI COAST” (10 Points)
    Completed 11/15

CHALLENGE #2: “JAMMIN’ TO THE GROOVE” (10 points)
    MUVE Video 1 - Completed 11/16
    MUVE Video 2 - Completed 11/16
    MUVE Video 3
    MUVE Video 4

CHALLENGE #3: “NO LUAU LEFTOVERS” (5 points)
    ***IN ORDER TO EARN OUR 5 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #3***
    WE WILL STAY UNDER OUR CALORIE COUNT AT LEAST FIVE DAYS THIS WEEK! (as posted in your MFP Diary)
    2/5

MINUTES/MILES
    14 Nov. 0 minutes
    15 Nov. 150 minutes
    16 Nov. 109 minutes (60 minutes Yoga with Adriene + 30 minutes day 16, 30 Day Abs + Legs + Glutes Challenge + 5 minutes modified jumping rope (KAUAI video) + 4 minutes x2 MUVE Video 1 + 3 minutes x2 MUVE Video 2)

Good night!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    AMAZING RACE PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:
    DON'T FORGET THE "WEIGHT-TAB" ON THE SPREADSHEET WHERE YOU CAN DO YOUR WEEKLY WEIGH-IN!
    ALSO, PLEASE POST ON THE SPREADSHEET AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.
    IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DO A CHALLENGE, PLEASE PUT A "ZERO".
    IF YOU HAVE NOT EXERCISED, PLEASE PUT A "ZERO" IN FOR THAT DAY.
    THERE WILL ALSO BE NO REPLACEMENTS FOR NEXT WEEK.
    WE HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING HAWAII!
    MAHALO!
    :)
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Yesterday ended up being warm enough when I left work, so I got in my other 2 miles. Now I just need to finish the videos and keep staying under calories.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Challenge 1: complete (4 hour hike....mine was really just 2 hours to the grocery store and back.)

Challenge 2: did all muve videos twice, finishing the last one today. Still like Rajio Taiso a ton.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be so quiet and not get many minutes this week. Haven't been feeling great (probably just PMS) and didn't log any minutes Tues or Wed.

Since I'm behind, decided to go out for a gentle walk to get the challenge done, with a stop at the local market on the way home to pick up some cat food (since I'm all out) and a couple of things for me. Got 4.15 miles done today at a slow pace. Will see if I'm up to getting rest of the muve videos done later today (got 1/2 done on Monday).

I'm currently 2/3 on eating. Did okay on Mon and Tues, but blew through the calorie cap yesterday. On track for today, but that's because I have no appetite.

I see Team 1 and Team 4 made it to Hawaii before us...but I'm sure we'll be there soon! Nice way to lull Team 1 into a false sense of security this week Fab Five! I'm sure once we get all the minutes and challenges logged we'll be passing them!