TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    It looks like we have 75 potential points from the challenges that we really need to have those blanks filled in and hopefully another 10-20 points from minutes before the spreadsheet closes if we get everyone to finish entering their minutes.

Com'on TEAM!! We are the Fab Fives and we don't go down without a fight each week!!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    60 minutes for Sunday.

That'll put me over the 1,000 limit.
    Everything else should be done.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    WEEK FIVE: ALOHA IN KAUAI!

CHALLENGE #1: “HIKING THE NA PALI COAST”
    Completed 11/15

CHALLENGE #2: “JAMMIN’ TO THE GROOVE”
    MUVE Video 1 - Completed 11/16
    MUVE Video 2 - Completed 11/16
    MUVE Video 3 - Completed 11/19
    MUVE Video 4 - Completed 11/19

CHALLENGE #3: “NO LUAU LEFTOVERS” (5 points)
    5/5

MINUTES/MILES
    14 Nov. 0 minutes
    15 Nov. 150 minutes
    16 Nov. 109 minutes
    17 Nov. 142 minutes
    18 Nov. 69 minute walk
    19 Nov. 89 minutes
    20 Nov. 228 minutes (198 minutes walking +
    30 minutes day 19, 30 Day Abs + Legs + Glutes Challenge)

To the spreadsheet, good night!
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Advice needed:

Today was a DEEP cleaning day here; I spent 8 solid hours scrubbing baseboards, vacuuming, mopping, moving furniture, washing windows.... I even scrubbed the water softener and pipes (I'm NOT crazy, we are hosting both Thanksgiving (20 people Thur) and a wine tasting party (55+ people Saturday) -- my husband has his winemaking station in our laundry/furnace room, so I made sure there was not one speck of dust or cobweb ANYWHERE in this whole house, even behind the furnace.

Anyway, I was WARM all day, even moments of sweating, 20 times up and down the stairs, at least.... how should I log that for this challenge?????
  • KatKat1209
    KatKat1209 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Morning everybody..
    I entered my minutes and challenge points just a few minutes ago.
    Did the dancing challenge Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
    Walking I did Saturday and Sunday - Saturday was Sightseeing with lots of walking and Sunday was an event from the Dog shelter in a park - with the dogs :) so also lots of walking and sweating on both days.
    the food challenge was very hard - I'm the same as @lja860813 - though I made it through Monday to Friday - but don't ask about the weekend- I ate so much I felt like dying both days :sweat_smile:
    I had thoughts of leaving the challenge this week to be honest - I have lots to do - not just workwise - but also other private projects going on and my mind is rarely with the challenge these days - but I figured pulling out now is not going to help me and will just leave me with a bad aftertaste of not making it to the finishing line... So here I'm, trying my best.
    Have a great week girls 'n boy ;)
  • KatKat1209
    KatKat1209 Posts: 229 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ajfuelling wrote: »
    Advice needed:

Today was a DEEP cleaning day here; I spent 8 solid hours scrubbing baseboards, vacuuming, mopping, moving furniture, washing windows.... I even scrubbed the water softener and pipes (I'm NOT crazy, we are hosting both Thanksgiving (20 people Thur) and a wine tasting party (55+ people Saturday) -- my husband has his winemaking station in our laundry/furnace room, so I made sure there was not one speck of dust or cobweb ANYWHERE in this whole house, even behind the furnace.

Anyway, I was WARM all day, even moments of sweating, 20 times up and down the stairs, at least.... how should I log that for this challenge?????

On days like this - where I'm up and doing something like this (be it cleaining, sightseeing etc.) - I usually take half to 2/3 of the time I spent doing the activity and log it.

The thing is - you have almost no way of counting accurately. You do something, you stop etc. so I think logging half the time spent on those activities is fair and square.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about half.... but.... I entered 2 hours. That was probably the total time I spent doing intense cleaning; the rest was just... sorta normal movement.

Wow, we are in 3rd place! Other teams are really stepping up their game!

The week ahead looks so great for me with regards to this challenge; I am signed up to do a 5K Thursday and I'm putting on a yogathon/boot camp with our scholarship foundation on Friday, so I have 2 exercise obligations already! Add to that a 2 day work week.... I'm happy already!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I'm just marking in the 13 minutes I did shoveling this morning, then going on the bike. Planning on doing some intervals . . . Bike 10, then so some strength in between bike sets.
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    They are only 5 ahead!
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    I did 4 sets of 10 minutes booking with strength on between, followed by a 13 minute pm yoga :smiley:
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    AMAZING RACE PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!
    THIS WEEK'S DESTINATION IS STILL BEING WORKED ON.
    WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN IT IS READY.
    THE SPREADSHEET WILL BE UP SOMETIME TOMORROW.
    NO GUARANTEE OF WHEN.
    IN THE MEANTIME JUST STAY ACTIVE! <3
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    WEEK SIX DESTINATION IS UP! :)
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm kind of excited about the Rockette challenge. I was in colorguard in high school and we had a kickline team within it, but my senior year it was cut due to not having enough people interested (and good enough) compared to the number of regular colorguard members. So I'm looking forward to doing some of it again (hopefully I'm still coordinated enough! :tongue: ).

Can't actually sign up for a turkey trot as I work in a hospital and will be working Thanksgiving, but going to go ahead and try to get a 10k in since I usually hit 5k anyway.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    WEEK 6 SPREADSHEET IS UP! >:)
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Good Morning..
    Ok i am all in this week. I looked over the challenge and will be getting the points for all three..I PROMISE..
    I was on the fence about signing up for my local Turkey Trot but thanks to you guys i will go register now.

Also on a happy note i am back outside running...God the walk/running on the treadmill was killing me,,

Hope you all have a lovely holiday with whoever you call family..for me and not to get to personal because of abuse in my family in no longer speak to them but i have a wonderful husband, daughter,her fiancé and tons of good friends who make up my family..i wish you all love and happiness..
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I'm back from holiday (although I do still have a day before returning to work) and had a great time! Back to normal routine tomorrow so my minutes and challenges will all be up and running again...

I'm really thankful for the amazing opportunities I have in my life. During my holiday I did lots of fun things, caught up with friends meet new friends, learnt Jui Jitsu, meet some amazing animals and networked, celebrated with family etc etc. But being home I get to cuddle with my fur kids, look after fascinating creatures, do Jui Jitsu with friends, swim in the sea, etc etc etc!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @CaptainBoing! Glad you had a wonderful holiday. It's always interesting to me to hear the different ways people use the same words in different countries. We Yanks call time away from home or off work "vacation" and "holiday" is reserved for the Thanksgiving and Christmas season. Other ones I've noticed are chips vs crisps and cookies vs biscuits, and there's many more I'm sure. This challenge has opened up our lives to other worlds and it's so fun!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    There's no Turkey Trot anywhere near me, so I'll just be doing a 5K or 10K on my own this week. However, hubby and I were just talking last night about doing the next 5K walk/run in our area on December 3rd. It's called "Run for Your Nuts" and is a kick-off to the annual Hazelnut Festival. Oregon is a huge producer of hazelnuts (aka filberts) and we have many groves nearby. It's the official Oregon state nut! :D

Interesting fact - hazelnuts have been around for thousands of years and were used in tonics and medicine to cure everything from the common cold to baldness!

More fun facts if you're interested:

http://oregonhazelnuts.org/about/fun-facts/

• Mrscanmore
    Options
    The plan was to increase our long run to 10KM this week, so that will work perfectly! We will have our own turkey trot here :smiley:

I went through the rockette exercises once this morning - pretty sure I don't look like a rockette when I'm doing it :wink:

I'm thankful for my family! I am very lucky to have 2 wonderful daughters and a supportive partner (and 2 wonderful sisters too! @jackiep248 :smiley: ). I'm also really thankful that I am able to run, bike and exercise!