TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Woo that is chilly @jdelaroy! Where are you located?
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @Joanna2012B Beautiful Colorado
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hi all...

I chose to do the New York, New York challenge. I liked the stretch from the rockets and of course a little extra running is always in favor.

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Hi all...

I chose to do the New York, New York challenge. I liked the stretch from the rockets and of course a little extra running is always in favor.

Just so you know, you only have to do one or the other. I was confused and though you had your do both, but it has been clarified on the Q&A thread. I'm doing both for mine though because I'd already got it in my head I was but will count it as a success whenever I finish the 1st piece.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hey, someone accidentally entered 55 for today under my name in the spreadsheet. Just wondering if its someone here.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    So, I was making healthy choices this morning, then about 10 minutes before we were to head to the gym, I just got a huge project dumped on me that I have until next Wednesday to get done on top of everything else...so I caved. I talked our gym group into going out for Mexican and instead of getting my healthy option there is got the bad stuff. And now since I'm going to be over no matter what, I've already started hitting the chocolate...and I'm stuffed!!! How crazy is that?! Hate how the mind works sometimes.
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I decided to repeat the New York challenges because those things were most accessible to me this morning. The challenges were Turkey Trot and rockette training. It is super cold here and a walk/jog on the home treadmill was great and tis the season to be a Rockette!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    1.) SIMPLY CHOOSE ONE OF THE THIRTEEN ABOVE CHALLENGES ( napalie coast hike)
    2.) DO IT (✅
    3.) POST ON YOUR THREAD WHICH ONE YOU DID✅
    4.) STATE WHY YOU CHOSE THE ONE YOU DID!( I love hiking/ walking for exercise it's my favorite I can listen to a book or just listen to nature)
    5.) PUT 10 POINTS IN THE APPROPRIATE CHALLENGE BOX✅
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Life style changes
    1. Drinking 4 L of H2O
    2. Walking everyday 30 min 2x daily
    3. Tracking my macros
    4. Heavy lifting
    5. Jogging in 10k runs when offered
    6. Meditation
    7. Yoga
    8. 80% clean eating
    9. New thing to try get a personal trainer for the New year to help reach my body building goals

PS 1 set of an exercise done will do the other on Sat or Sun my abs hurt....
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    100 Sumo squats down, only 40 left to go! :D
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    1.) SIMPLY CHOOSE ONE OF THE THIRTEEN ABOVE CHALLENGES (sumo squats)
    2.) DO IT ✅
    3.) POST ON YOUR THREAD WHICH ONE YOU DID✅
    4.) STATE WHY YOU CHOSE THE ONE YOU DID!( I was picking Japan's challenges because I thought we had to do both and I need to work on toning my legs more and I am also doing the radio tsaio for a warm up but only have 4 days down so far)
    5.) PUT 10 POINTS IN THE APPROPRIATE CHALLENGE BOX✅

• jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a bust. Got 7 minutes into my exercise when my daughter asked me to come with her to a school event. I went thinking I was only going to spend an hour or so. Ended up spending all day, on my feet no less. By the time I got home I was bushed and needed sleep sp badly. But it wasn't to be. The baby had colic/tummy ache and so I didn't get to bed till 12:50 a.m.

Missed my gym session this morning but I'm going to try to get there now.
  • dwood1231
    dwood1231 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I chose to do the Drum to a Viking beat, I did this one because i thought it was one of the more fun challanges
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Hey All, Checking in again & updated the spreadsheet, this morning was crazy busy with the dog show. But I was thrilled, Crook won his class, won the winners of males class (beating out an older more experienced dog) and then went on to beat all the winners of all the classes (both male & female) of the same breed. Not to shabby for only his second show. Tomorrow we are back again for another round, hopefully he does just as good.

Back to the challenge, I completed all my sumo squats today after getting home and resting a bit, I just need to do one more round of the abs. Almost done!!!

@ibenson2006 he can be pretty mischievous for sure, but he is actually a really good boy, has not destroyed anything really, just his toys and one of his beds. He just requires a lot of exercise to keep him moderately calm. The breed is known for being high energy.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I chose Sumo Squats because it was something new that I learned during the challenge, I feel like I'm getting real results from them, it's easy to just do a few squats here and there throughout the day, and I feel like a beast while doing them! Just finished the last of them only moments ago. B)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Lifestyle Changes
    1 - Taking the stairs instead of elevator whenever possible. Making this a part of my daily routine at work has been wonderful. It is not a lot because we are only on the second floor, but I think it is a huge move for me because I never thought I would start doing that.
    2 - Parking further away at work and the grocery store. I would like to start doing this at more places, but these are the only two that have made it to a habit so far.
    3 - Drinking 1/2 my weight in water. I can tell that I feel a little worse on days after I have slacked on getting in my water.
    4 - Continuing my morning workouts. It is hard to get up at 4:30 in the morning, but I think I have been able to make this a habit and it helps take the pressure off of having to make it to the gym at lunch.
    5 - On the opposite side of that, I want to refocus on having a 3 day minimum for going to the gym at work. It is so easy to come up with excuses to skip and when we do, it not only affects me, but my gym buddy who got me going down this path. So for her sake, I would like to make that more habit.
    6 - Participate in ONE 30 day strength challenge each month. This gives me the direction for what to do strength wise versus trying to decide what to do at 5 in the morning. However, I have found that trying to do more than one is just too demanding to fit in with the other things I would like to do.
    7 - Continue logging on a daily basis, to the best of my ability, good or bad. I want to continue to focus on this when I reach maintenance mode for at least 6 months or so to ensure that I have this down and hopefully never fall back into regaining more than 5-10 pounds.
    8 - Continue to try to add in a little more running. I didn't realize that I would actually like it, but it's fun. (Weird to say that...for me at least!! LOL). Considering doing a 7K in April.

9 - My want to change is to start eating more fruits and vegetables. This is something that I struggle with. When talking to a coworker about this, she came up with the suggestion that when I switch my calorie intake whenever I make it to maintenance mode that I continue to eat like I do but the added calories that I am allowed daily should be from fruits and veggies. So, that is my plan. Just got to make it to maintenance mode first!! LOL
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Just looking at the spreadsheet and we are in 3rd and still have a lot of blanks. Let's see what we can do today and tomorrow. I made the mistake of not treating this like a work day so I didn't get a workout done before I came into work. I am hoping I will have the motivation to do one when I get home. Have a great Saturday.

Remember if you need help logging anything, please just ask. It's super easy for me...unless it's past my bedtime on Sunday!! Lol
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Ok so I have done the Ab videos! I absolutely love the 2nd one!! I will add this to my regular fitness program and share it with the instructors at my gym!! I sad this is over tomorrow!!
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    I didnt run stairs today as I didn't have time to travel to them, so I decided sumo squats instead! I love squats!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    I am super sad this is almost over. It's almost like when I am watching the finale of survivor. I can't wait till the next one starts!! We have arrived in Vancouver, anything logged now is just bonus. We are still in 3rd, but team 4 is nipping at our heals. We still have lots of blanks so that could change. Fingers crossed. I didn't get home until after 4:30 but did manage to go down and get in 17 minutes. Hope to get a workout in tomorrow morning!!