TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @ missionEnforcer why am I still in red for challenge 2 . I trained like a sumo and did 140 squats .
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @2016summerfun - Did you explain why you chose the sumo challenge? There were multiple steps to follow for that challenge. If you did follow them all, maybe he just missed it in the feed. Try posting all the steps again for him (and tagging him). Looks like @sue_01 might have the same issue.

We're currently in the lead Fab Fives! Well done! But get those minutes and challenge points logged because Team 1 isn't far behind! (And give yourself some time to update anything since there are two challenges ME has to verify!) Just two more days!! We're almost there!!

no_rest_for_the_weary_post_cards-rf6c58939f8b24a668e1b4643cc1b106f_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

8f93a0729a96b3bac2b7f485e81749ea.jpg
  • b3achy
    edited December 2016
    Options
    And if you need an extra boost...I was lurking again...one of the best comments from Team 1's thread from yesterday...
    h6s9gf55393k.png

So, it appears, we're super-human...lol...
    df2e83e453178174dfc546bdcfc383b0.jpg
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1: Let's Mush!
    Standing Abs x2 (Mon x1 Thu x1) DONE
    Standing Abs with Dumbbells x2 (Mon x1 Thu x1) DONE

Challenge 2: A Canuck's Choice
    ******TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #2:*****

1.) SIMPLY CHOOSE ONE OF THE THIRTEEN ABOVE CHALLENGES: I'm choosing Week 4's Kangaroo Hop
    2.) DO IT I completed this on Thursday
    3.) POST ON YOUR THREAD WHICH ONE YOU DID that's this post
    4.) STATE WHY YOU CHOSE THE ONE YOU DID! As a kid, jump-roping gave me great joy. This challenge was anything but happiness inducing!! I'd like to keep practicing my jump-roping to recapture a fraction of that long-ago ebullience. :) ** Pessimism abounds that I'll ever recapture sheer joy by jump-roping! Sheer torture is more like it! lol**
    5.) PUT 10 POINTS IN THE APPROPRIATE CHALLENGE BOX DONE

Challenge 3: On Donner, On Dancer! DONE

I'll update exercise minutes later today or tomorrow....
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Minutes

Monday-200
    Tuesday`200
    Wed-80
    Thursday-250
    Friday-290
    Sat-240

I really tried to add some minutes this week...i liked the first place win :)

WEEK EIGHT: VICTORIOUS IN VANCOUVER!

CHALLENGE #2: “A CANUCK’S CHOICE!” (10 POINTS)
    REYKJAVIK, ICELAND: “DRUM TO A VIKING BEAT”~~ For some crazy reason i just loved this one

CHALLENGE #3:
    “ON DONNER, ON DANCER!”
    (5 POINTS)

1-Log my meals on MFP
    2-Exercising 6 days a week
    3- Yoga daily
    4-Reading or doing some other activity instead of snacking
    5-Being more mindful of what i eat
    6-Drinking 100ozs water a day
    7-Don't eat something just because it's good for me if i don't like it
    8-Not being so hard on myself when i go over my food goal

9-
    I want to start running in races again. I use to run nine or ten a year. I ran one last year..

Challenge 1

I too was dreading this one but i wasn't all the bad..really it wasn't..lol
    I did break it up into two days Thurs and Fri
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    ******TO COMPLETE CHALLENGE #2:*****

1.) SIMPLY CHOOSE ONE OF THE THIRTEEN ABOVE CHALLENGES
    2.) DO IT
    3.) POST ON YOUR THREAD WHICH ONE YOU DID
    4.) STATE WHY YOU CHOSE THE ONE YOU DID!
    5.) PUT 10 POINTS IN THE APPROPRIATE CHALLENGE BOX

MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW ALL FIVE STEPS!

1. KYOTO, JAPAN:
    “IT’S RAJIO TAISO TIME!”
    &
    “TRAIN LIKE A SUMO WRESTLER”
    2.Done.
    3.140 squats done
    4.because I enjoyed that challenge.
    5. 10 point are in red .

@missionenfocer
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    And if you need an extra boost...I was lurking again...one of the best comments from Team 1's thread from yesterday...
    h6s9gf55393k.png

So, it appears, we're super-human...lol...
    df2e83e453178174dfc546bdcfc383b0.jpg

Hahaha. Well, I do live by the motto 'WWBD?' What would batman do?

Whenever I rest too long during my HIIT workouts, my roommate shouts 'what would batman do?!' Then I start back up saying 'he wouldn't be laying on the floor! HE HAS TO SAVE GOTHAM!'
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Just finished the an challenge. Glad to be fine that one. I've got 66 minutes so far Tuesday, I've got to get more if I want to make out to 1000 this week! I wish it wasn't so cold!!!!!!!
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ^ WWBD? Hilarious!! :)
  • Meowler
    Meowler Posts: 115 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Apologies for the radio silence! I've been busy with Christmas parties and was assisting with an event today. I've been eating lots of very rich foods and it's made me feel quite ill. I wouldn't say my diet is clean, but since starting MFP I have cut down on my intake of sugar, fat and carbs in favour of lighter alternatives. It's interesting to see how my body responds now and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Anyway, on to the challenges!

Challenge #1
    TBC - I'll complete this tomorrow.

Challenge #2: Aloha in Kauai - Hiking the Napali Coast
    I've walked a total of 15km (9.3 miles) this week. I chose this challenge because I enjoy walking and wanted to see how much further I could go beyond the challenge of 4 miles. :)

Challenge #3 - Eight Lifestyle Choices
    1. Hydration - I've always struggled to keep hydrated, but have noticed that when I do I feel much more focused and healthier. I started with the challenge and have tried to drink at least 10 glasses most day, but do struggle. I'd like to keep on top of this.
    2. Floorball (Field Hockey) - The Amazing Race has encouraged me to challenge myself and do more exercise. I started playing floorball shortly after starting university, but unfortunately I've had to take a break due to a shoulder injury. I plan to return next semester (after New Year) when my injury has healed.
    3. Fruit & Veg - Since starting MFP I've been planning my meals with less calorie-dense foods that are more nutritious and keep me feeling full. I bulk out many of my meals with fruit and vegetables and will opt for these instead of carbs (e.g. chips, pasta, rice). I still enjoy these things, but in smaller quantities and with more vegetables.
    4. Accountability - It can be difficult to track food and know how many calories you're eating when you don't have the information or haven't prepared it yourself. I will continue to track my meals and be mindful of portions when I cannot measure them accurately.
    5. New Activities - Now that I am almost 10kg (22lbs) from my goal, I would like to introduce strength training in to my routine. I don't just want to be skinny; I want to be healthy and strong!
    6. Cooking in Bulk - On occasion I have made meals suitable for 4 people, however there is only myself and my partner. I usually seperate these in to equal portions and have the leftover for lunch the next day. This works really well and makes my lunch more interesting than a quick sandwich or flatbread. I'd like to introduce this in to my routine more regularly.
    7. Calories - These last few weeks I've been going over my recommended calorie intake. Not everyday, but it's becoming more regular. I'd like to tackle this by either being more strict with myself or introducing more exercise to make up for the excess.
    8. Stress - I need to better control my emotions and avoid acting irrationally when under stress. I have previously practiced mindfulness so I should return to these techniques and allow myself to step back from a situation to think before reacting.
    9. TLC - I'd like to take more time to look after my body, feel good about myself and my achievements. I've been putting off buying new clothes, but my wardrobe appears baggy and unflattering. I'll be going home to Scotland for Christmas and plan to buy myself some new clothes (much cheaper than Norway)!

If you've manged to read all of this, then thank you and well done! :)
  • jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been away for so long. I have had the worst flu ever and have been sick for over a week. I was hoping to finish this challenge off strong. I'm still doing what I can but I'm hoping to feel good enough tomorrow to knock out the first 2 challenges.
    Challenge 3: 8 Lifestyle Choices

1. Water - I'm going to continue drinking at least 8 glasses a day.
    2. Exercise - I'm going to work towards making sure that I'm active for at least 30 minutes every day.
    3. Treadmill - I've begun walking on the treadmill while watching tv. This I'd like to continue.
    4. Accountability - I'm going to continue to record my meals to help me stay on track.
    5. Mindfulness - I'm going to work on making time for myself every day so that the craziness of life doesn't overwhelm me.
    6. Challenges - I'm going to look for other fitness challenges to participate in to help keep me motivated.
    7. Attitude - I'm willing to put in the time and the work to get and remain healthy.
    8. Fruits and vegetables- I'm going to continue to make them a mainstay of my diet.
    9. Staying on track with my food and staying within my recommended calorie intake.

Have a great day.
  • b3achy
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon @jackiep248. Focus on feeling better!

So today in addition to finishing the ab videos for challenge one, I did some of my favorite exercises as an homage to the Race...
    1. Radio Taiso videos x 2
    2. Sumo Squats (3 sets x 15; 2 sets x 20)
    3. Ab Videos to complete Challenge 1
    4. Rockettes challenge
    5. Radio Taiso videos x 2

Was hoping to get some other cardio in, but the day got away from me and I need to go and get ready for our church CHRISTmas party tonight. Maybe when I get home, I can do a few glider minutes to get some more time in.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    WEEK EIGHT: VICTORIOUS IN VANCOUVER!

CHALLENGE #1: “LET’S MUSH!” (10 POINTS)
    “6 MINUTE STANDING ABS” x 2 12/7 + 12/10
    “12 Minute Standing Abs with Dumbbell Workout” x 2 12/7 + 12/10
    Completed 12/10

CHALLENGE #2: “A CANUCK’S CHOICE!” (10 POINTS)
    1) REYKJAVIK, ICELAND: “DRUM TO A VIKING BEAT”
    2) Completed 12/10
    3) Cardio Drumming done!
    4) This was a fun cardio/arm workout that was new to me! I chose this workout because I'm really working on arm definition & IT IS FUN & I will always be a Viking (high school mascot)!
    5) Heading to the spreadsheet now!

CHALLENGE #3: “ON DONNER, ON DANCER!” (5 PTS)
    Completed 12/5

MINUTES/MILES
    5 Dec. 170 minutes
    6 Dec. 90 minutes
    7 Dec. 170 minutes
    8 Dec. 189 minutes
    9 Dec. 172 (170 minutes walking + 2 - 1 minute planks)
    10 Dec. 158 minutes (103 minutes walking +6 MINUTE STANDING ABS + 12 MINUTE STANDING ABS WITH DUMBBELL WORKOUT + 2 - 1 minute planks + “Drum to a Viking Beat!” (“The Viking Chant” x 3 + 3 YouTube videos x 3); 35 minutes

• MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1: Let's Mush! complete
    Standing Abs x2
    Standing Abs with Dumbbells x2

Challenge 2: A Canuck's Choice complete
    I'm choosing Week 2's Climb to Meet the Count (770 steps up) since I remember that being the most difficult for me, and I want to finish strong and really push myself this week. :heart: The dances were so much fun, I might have to revisit those also!

Should have seen me my son's face when I asked to the stairs at his doctors appointment! We have to go up 3 flights and take a bridge to another building, then up to the 13th floor. :joy:

Challenge 3: On Donner, On Dancer!
    8 lifestyle choices to continue:
    1. Eating until no longer hungry, but not full
    2. Foam rolling/ stretching every night before bed
    3. Participating in MFP Challenges
    4. Taking opportunities to be active where I'd normally sit out (eg. playing in the inflatables with the kids at Pump it Up instead of sitting with the adults, watching)
    5. Taking the kids to church on Sundays/ Holy days
    6. Not listening to rap in the car
    7. Taking small breaks at work to stretch, do some strength exercises, or walk around.
    8. Drinking more water
    1 lifestyle choice to add
    9. Keeping a personal financial budget :smirk: [/quote]

• Mrscanmore
    Options
    I dug out my Wii fit Zumba Tuesday. Did that for 35 minutes. Now I'm planning to really on the treadmill for an episode of Scandal and then I should be done for the day!!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,713 Member
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    Challenge 3 ---Donner on Dancer---Complete
    1-I use my Fitbit- I never go under 10,000 steps -unless I have a good reason.
    2-I log my food faithfully.
    3- Try not to purchase foods that tempt me.
    4-Drink lots of water.
    5-Plan my menu`s for the week.
    6-Shopping- continue to go to the markets.
    7- Now I always make time everyday for exercise.
    8- Treat my self-

Something new I like to do is joining a gym. That will have to wait until Sept.

Challenge 1- Let`s Mush
    - standing abs x2
    -standing abs with dumbbells x2
    Complete 2 I chose the Kangaroo Hop- 30 mins.
    I picked this exercise because I find it fun, need to do it more often.

• Mrscanmore
    Options
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    I dug out my Wii fit Zumba Tuesday. Did that for 35 minutes. Now I'm planning to really on the treadmill for an episode of Scandal and then I should be done for the day!!

Wow, I really didn't check that over! I dug out Zumba today and then walked on the treadmill while I watched Scandal!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Challenge choice

I chose the kangaroo hop as I was away when we did it and really want to get into skipping more. I did the 30 minutes without too much effort although I did break it into 3 different sessions.
    Complete @MissionEnforcer
  • b3achy
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I got back from the church party late today, so no more minutes from me today...though it looks like we've got a good lead on team 1 as of today...but we know they are sneaky and might finally fill in the spreadsheet tomorrow...will work on getting some good minutes for tomorrow, I hope...

I just know...I really feel this way with only one day left in the race...
    73826609.jpg

It has been Amazing! And such an honor to be on a great team like the Fab Fives!! (((Hugs)))
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Challenge 2: I opted to do the Turkey Trot again, so I did a 5K walk. It's something I used to do quite often, but I've gotten rather lazy lately. Well that and the weather has been miserable. So my 5K walk was more of a waddle on ice.

Lifestyle changes:

1. More stretching on a regular basis
    2. Taking the stairs more often than not
    3. Eating more mindfully, not just stuffing food in while I play on the computer
    4. Eating more protein, namely by having a protein smoothie for breakfast
    5. Taking stock of what I have in life and being grateful for that, rather than angry at what I don't have
    6. Logging my food more regularly. I'm not perfect yet, but I try.
    7. Drinking lots of water
    8. Using my short breaks between classes to do some activity, mostly stretching or walking around.

Future change/something new:
    Using kettlebells for strength.

If needed @MissionEnforcer

I have really enjoyed this challenge. I really hope there is another one. I might even be up for helping with some destinations or ideas if needed.