Recipes

Options
13»

Replies

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I've been tweaking my recipe and technique. These are very fudgy and tasty!

Protein Brownies
    16 servings

100 grams prunes
    237 grams beans, Eden Organic Black Soybeans (1 can drained and rinsed)
    2 tsp vanilla
    2 each eggs, large, room temperature
    113 grams chocolate, Baker’s 66% Bittersweet Baking Bar (1 bar)
    124 grams protein powder Syntrax Matrix Perfect Chocolate (4 scoops)
    1 packet coffee, Copper Moon Instant Vanilla Probiotic
    6 grams baking powder (a little more than a teaspoon)

Move oven rack close to the bottom. Preheat to 350 degrees F. Line an 8” x 8” pan with foil and grease lightly.

In a food processor, process prunes until they start to break down. Add the eggs one at a time and blend well until mixture starts to become lighter in color and fluffier (1-2 minutes). Add vanilla and beans and continue to process on low speed while completing the remaining steps.

Break chocolate bar into pieces and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Allow to cool slightly while completing the next step.

Combine remaining dry ingredients in a bowl.

While processor is running, add melted chocolate to the wet mixture. Stop processor and scrape down sides. Re-start the processor on a low speed and add the dry ingredients a spoon at a time allowing to combine. Once all dry ingredients are added, scrape sides again, then blend for about 30 more seconds on high.

Spread evenly into pan. Wet or grease spatula slightly to aid in spreading. Cover with foil. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven, take off cover foil, and allow to cool before cutting.

Refrigerate in airtight container. Tastiest when they’ve been allowed to rest in the refrigerator several hours or overnight.

Add-Ins (optional)
    56 grams chocolate, Nestle Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
    56 grams walnuts, chopped (best if sprinkled on top)
    Spices add up to 3 tsp of cinnamon, cloves, pumpkin pie spice, cardamom, chile powder, etc.

Notes
    Fruit: Other moist, dried fruit can be substituted for the prunes—dates, apricots, etc.—at the same amounts. I find that dates, unless you can find fresh Medjool, make the mixture drier and you may need to soak them in hot water before starting and reduce cooking time. Apricots give a bit more fruitiness.

Coffee: The instant coffee can be skipped but it does help enhance the chocolate flavor.

Beans: Any other canned bean can be substituted. No salt added versions will give the best result. Soybeans have a higher protein to carbohydrate ratio.

Chocolate: Anything less than 65% cacao will negatively impact the intensity of the chocolate. Higher cacao levels may require the addition of some sweetener.

Serving Suggestion: Heat in microwave, with a smear of peanut butter, for 10-20 seconds

Nutritional Breakdown (1/16 of recipe as written; no add-ins)
    Calories: 127
    Fat: 5 grams
    Carbohydrates: 12 grams
    Fiber: 3 grams
    Sugar: 7 grams
    Protein: 9 grams

Nutritional Breakdown (1/9 of recipe as written; no add-ins)
    Calories: 225
    Fat: 9 grams
    Carbohydrates: 21 grams
    Fiber: 5 grams
    Sugar: 12 grams
    Protein: 15 grams
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @anbrdr This is the recipe I was telling you about last night, in bed...

I replace the sugar with Swerve. If you do that, you have to 1.5 - 2 times the gelatin or it won't set up well. I've made this several times now with different extracts to change the flavor. It doesn't need the Tangerine sauce (I've used oranges) but it's darned tasty! (I also use Swerve in the sauce.) It's also quite tasty using a flavored yogurt. I bet a flavored gelatin powder would work too...

Almond-Tangerine Panna Cotta

Ingredients
    3 tablespoons sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
    1 cup fat-free milk
    1 cup plain Greek yogurt
    1/2 teaspoon almond extract
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 teaspoon cornstarch
    1/3 cup pomegranate or cranberry juice
    1/2 cup tangerine sections (3 to 4 tangerines)
    2 tablespoons snipped dried tart cherries

Directions
    1. Place four 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins in a shallow baking pan; set aside. In a small saucepan stir together 3 tablespoons sugar and gelatin. Stir in milk. Heat over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Whisk in yogurt and 1/4 teaspoon of the almond extract until smooth. Pour mixture into custard cups. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours or until set.

2. For sauce, in a small saucepan stir together 1 tablespoon sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pomegranate juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in tangerine sections, cherries, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. Cool.

3. To serve, immerse bottom halves of custard cups in hot water for 10 seconds. Using a small sharp knife, loosen panna cotta from sides of cups. Invert a serving plate over each cup; turn plate and cup over together. Remove cups. Serve panna cotta with sauce.

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    NicoleL874 wrote: »

Almond-Tangerine Panna Cotta

This sounds awesome.

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @chubby_checkers It IS awesome. The stats are pretty good without the sauce, varying depending on brand of yogurt. I've used Power Yogurt and Danon, the flavor didn't vary enough to require the more expensive. It is so easy to make I've halved the recipe and made 2 with real sugar for guests and 2 with Swerve. Any extract/flavoring you have...limitless! lol

Oh! And when making it with sugar and Swerve, I added a drop of yellow food coloring to the Swerve ones so they were a little off-white so I knew which was which, but it wasn't obvious they had been altered.
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'll try Quest then! They seem to be the best rated on Amazon too. I've got some weird aversion to Quest in general; I think it is just because they've become so ubiquitous.

I sure wish they'd become ubiquitous in Costco!! I've even submitted a suggestion box form with that wish! LOL!!

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Quest bars and power crunches are suspiciously cheaper at Trader Joe's.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    NicoleL874 wrote: »
    This is the recipe I was telling you about last night, in bed...
    Also, this... I'm liking this :blush:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    Quest bars and power crunches are suspiciously cheaper at Trader Joe's.

I'll need to check my local TJ. Quest and power crunches are expensive!
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I get them on Amazon, always hunting for the best price... altho sometimes that's Walmart.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes

4 TBSP (32g), Peanut Butter
    2 tsp (10g), Baking Powder, Aluminum Free
    2 scoop (64g), Syntrax Whey Shake Chocolate Protein Powder
    154 g, Banana (very ripe)
    4 egg, Large Egg (room temperature)
    0.50 cup (113g), Cottage Cheese Large Curd 4% Milkfat
    36 g, Syntrax Matrix Peanut Butter Cookie Protein Powder
    20 gram, Baking Cocoa
    56 g, Raw Almonds
    2 tsp, Vanilla Extract

Blended all together in my Ninja Professional 1000 watt blender, portioned with my 18/8 scoop (approximately 21g) cooked at 300-325 on my Bialetti ceramic griddle. Served with a topping made of peanut butter, sugar free Torani Salted Caramel syrup, and coconut oil.

Nutrition (approximately, each pancake/no topping)
    55 calories
    2g fat
    3g carbohydrates
    1g fiber
    1g sugar
    4g protein
  • akowens78
    akowens78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today I made salsa chicken. It's unbelievably tasty. Preheat oven to 375. Seasons 1lb chicken breast on both sides with a packet of taco seasoning. Put in a shallow baking pan. Pour salsa over the chicken and bake 35-45 minutes. Super easy and delicious