Plans for the holidays

Options

Replies

• blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    hello all... back online now that the Christmas week is over, onsickmom, i just read about your story, and how awful having to grow up like that. I can't even imagine, and totally understand your desire to stay sober. You are doing great!
  • onsickmom
    onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you....I could write a book....So much has happened over the years...I'm still sober!!!!!yehhhhhhh oh I think today is a solidc4 months
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Another day!!!!! Still sober!!!! I just wish
    My mental state would hurry up and get better.... So much time spent just feeling numb...Or grumpy..I find it hard to leave my room...I was staying hid with my alcohol... Maybe it's just an old habit... I don't know!!!! Really in a funk
  • tamera_g
    tamera_g Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Do you like to write onsickmom? I find it helpful to keep a journal sometimes when I can't get out of my own head. That or go for a long walk.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    I write down all my foods and meds...how I'm feeling that day but I haven't actually tried just writing to relieve tension....I did get my Bible out today and read some Psalms...Was inspired...I also called my last AA sponsor today and told him of my troubles..Told my hubby a meeting is tonight at 8 pm.....oh you don't need those stupid things there just a waste!!!!!!! So much for supporting me....Thank you....I'm gonna find me a tablet...See how it goes...ox
  • onsickmom
    Options
    I'd love to walk.... unfortunately my knees are awful...It's a task!!!!
  • blwelch1
    Options
    @onesickmom, I think journaling would be a great idea too. It's better to get your feelings out instead of keeping them bundled inside. I like reading the Bible as well. Psalm 23 was always my go to when I would get in a funk
  • onsickmom
    Options
    The anxiety gets to me...I also have weird legs???? They always feel cold and kinda tingly...I have no ambition at all....I've read that this is normal up to a whole year!!!! I hope that's not my case..I use to be so very active...I just hide in my room waiting for night to come and go back to sleep... Somehow I've got this idea that I will just wake up happy one day and this will all be over with....Weird thinking???? 4 months seems like a long time but it really is like a few days in comparison to a life of substance....I don't know...Just wish I felt good!!! Pray for me
  • blwelch1
    Options
    I wish i had some great wisdom to help you through this. I think you seem to read a lot so that is good in terms of knowing how this disease works. Stay strong. When you are feeling your worse, can you try and pull yourself up and just walk to the mailbox, just to get some fresh air. I think you should also try to get to an AA meeting for the support. If your husband won't take you, can your daughter? I know one day you will look back at this and see how far you have come. Have you read the book from Sarah Young, called Jesus Calling? If not, I have and extra one, and i would love to send it to you.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    I would love to read that!!!! And no my daughter's are raising their own...They do there best to help me out...But dragging the kids out to sit and wait on me that long I just don't have the heart to ask...I did go looking on line and found one open meeting....I was in there a couple hours and several came and went....But it was all persons not sober yet or on day two..So I was the teacher..Don't get me wrong it was very nice to help others thru that..But I'm seeking too.....
    I read a book ..light my path...And it has in the back of it all the books of the Bible...if you follow its lead you can read the entire Bible in a year....Yes yes I'd love to read the book you offered
  • blwelch1
    Options
    Ok. Can you send me an email to me of your address and I will send it to you. wbwelch@gmail.com
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Done!!lol thank you so very much!!!!!! Still sober!!!!! Still feeling poopy!!!! I ventured out the front door and sat in the sun reading for half an hour....I got cold and didn't feel safe out of my room....it's weird how I put myself into my own prison...I have faith and I believe this will pass....I got thru the first hump...?Gotta get thru this one...
  • blwelch1
    Options
    You did not put yourself in the prison. Someone else did. This is not your fault and you are changing your life on your terms. You are learning how strong you really are.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    you always have such inspiring things to say..Im fighting the fight...Im never gonna give in..OXOX to you
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Happy new year!!!!!!!! May your year be filled with many blessings
  • tamera_g
    tamera_g Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Thanks Tamera_g......Hope all is going well for you....You ready to hit this head on all year???? I sure hope to see you a lot !!!!!! I'm still having struggles with anxiety but I'm doing every suggestion given to me...I even bought a sketch pad..A new word search..Joined an online AA group...Meditation by far is my best weapon...And getting on here...
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Another day came and went....Still sober!!!!!!! I'm a grump!!!! But better than a raging drunk person....Or dead !!!! Amen....Praise God thank you Jesus for allowing me to wake up today!!!!!!!!!!!
  • blwelch1
    Options
    You are right. I would be rather be grumpy too. Just keep telling yourself, One day closer.

Do you know how to make a new thread? I noticed that there are 3 listed.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    No.....Feel free to fix that...Lol I'm not real computer smart at all.... Especially with this windows 10 and for the love of God this iPhone.?.??Ha ha....I'm totally lost now....I just read all the threads or comment on the first on the list on top....