Lunch prep ideas.

Options
13»

Replies

• mmschneider429
    mmschneider429 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to do crockpot meals as well. The easiest one I've done is basically the "salsa chicken" (got it from Pinterest)

4 chicken breasts or 5-6 chicken thighs (skinless/boneless)
    1 jar of salsa (your choice of red or green or whatever)
    1 can of corn
    1 can of black beans

I season the chicken with a light seasoning like Trader Joe's 21 seasoning blend or this Coconut Lime seasoning from Sams Club and a little taco seasoning. Place the chicken on the bottom, add corn, black beans, and salsa. I cook on high for 4.5 to 5hrs. You can cook on low for 6 to 7hrs. Shred the chicken with 2 forks after time is up and mix it all together. Sometimes I eat it as is, make tacos, burittos, or just add a little shredded cheese and lettuce/spinach (and sour cream shhhhhhhh!) and eat it as a (taco) salad. I've done this with both breasts and thighs and have to say that thighs are waaay better and everything was so moist. This meal usually last me all week for lunches. Make it your own :)

I made this yesterday! Enough for the entire week! Prepped this for my husband and I's lunches.
  • mmschneider429
    mmschneider429 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tend to try to knock out prep on Sunday's. This week I made Crockpot Chicken, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Butternut Squash, diced all the fruit for the week and made a veggie tray for snacks. I also pre-portion out things like yogurt and granola for work. If I don't have it grab and go I tend to eat at the hospital's cafeteria, which I know I am not portioning correctly!

Also, I boil a dozen eggs for the week as well and have them in ziplock baggies so we can grab some protein quickly.

Good Luck To Everyone! It's so much work, but I feel better in the end!! :)
  • OlenaMomWine
    OlenaMomWine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes. The best are dinner leftovers. And if you use a slow cooker then barely any cooking is involved for dinner or lunch. I have many recipes here.
  • djinn924
    djinn924 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for lunch everyday. 1 can of pink salmon, 1/2 cup of Broccoli, and half of an avocado, mix it all together with mustard (mustard is a metabolism boost and no calories if you get the right one). This brings the grand total to 253 calories, now if you are like me and want even more of a metabolism boost then add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and as much chilli powder as you want. Don't trust me on the mustard, apple cider vinegar, and chilli powder do the research for your self. Let me know what you think and how you like it. Ps. Boosting your metabolism can make you hungry so do so at your own risk......
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    djinn924 wrote: »
    I eat the same thing for lunch everyday. 1 can of pink salmon, 1/2 cup of Broccoli, and half of an avocado, mix it all together with mustard (mustard is a metabolism boost and no calories if you get the right one). This brings the grand total to 253 calories, now if you are like me and want even more of a metabolism boost then add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and as much chilli powder as you want. Don't trust me on the mustard, apple cider vinegar, and chilli powder do the research for your self. Let me know what you think and how you like it. Ps. Boosting your metabolism can make you hungry so do so at your own risk......

@djinn924
    When you fix your salmon lunch do you simply eat it in a bowl after you mix everything together or do you eat it like a sandwich? I've never tried canned salmon but am interested in ways ppl use it. Someone shared salmon patties in another thread, they sound fabulous.
    Thanks! :smiley:
  • djinn924
    djinn924 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

@djinn924
    When you fix your salmon lunch do you simply eat it in a bowl after you mix everything together or do you eat it like a sandwich? I've never tried canned salmon but am interested in ways ppl use it. Someone shared salmon patties in another thread, they sound fabulous.
    Thanks! :smiley:

I just eat it in a bowl try to avoid the high calories of bread so I can have a bigger dinner I am averaging 1 - 1.5 lbs loss a day right now
  • angel115707
    angel115707 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    best thing I have learned is actually from fitness gals who food prep on youtube. Gauge Girl, Buff Bunny, Hunny Buns. Keep it simple. No complicated recipes.... those are for cheat days. prep based on not just calories, but macros. Ex: chicken 4 oz., brown rice or sweet potato 1/2 cup, and green veggies 1 cup. Prep and count macros in advance. It makes eating a breeze. You can adjust macros for keto if you prefer low carb, just google keto macro calculator etc.
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1 can of pink salmon, 1/2 cup of Broccoli, and half of an avocado, mix it all together with mustard (mustard is a metabolism boost and no calories if you get the right one). This brings the grand total to 253 calories, now if you are like me and want even more of a metabolism boost then add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and as much chilli powder as you want.

I would be tarred and feathered if I ate this at work. You must have a private office, lol.
  • megsCA
    megsCA Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Italian Spaghetti Squash Salad! Poke holes in a spaghetti squash with a fork and microwave it for 10 minutes. When it's cool enough to handle, cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and use a fork to shred the fibers into "spaghetti" strands. Add canned artichoke hearts packed in water (drained), turkey pepperoni, low fat string cheese sliced into coins, diced bell peppers (green, red, yellow, orange), and cherry tomatoes, fresh cracked black pepper and fresh chopped basil. The original recipe calls for reduced calorie Italian dressing, but I prefer just red wine vinegar with about 1 T olive oil. You can add chicken to it for a main lunch and it makes a TON to last the week :smile:

THIS LOOKS AMAZING! Thanks for the share!
  • Mybody928
    Mybody928 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like to do crockpot meals as well. The easiest one I've done is basically the "salsa chicken" (got it from Pinterest)

4 chicken breasts or 5-6 chicken thighs (skinless/boneless)
    1 jar of salsa (your choice of red or green or whatever)
    1 can of corn
    1 can of black beans

I season the chicken with a light seasoning like Trader Joe's 21 seasoning blend or this Coconut Lime seasoning from Sams Club and a little taco seasoning. Place the chicken on the bottom, add corn, black beans, and salsa. I cook on high for 4.5 to 5hrs. You can cook on low for 6 to 7hrs. Shred the chicken with 2 forks after time is up and mix it all together. Sometimes I eat it as is, make tacos, burittos, or just add a little shredded cheese and lettuce/spinach (and sour cream shhhhhhhh!) and eat it as a (taco) salad. I've done this with both breasts and thighs and have to say that thighs are waaay better and everything was so moist. This meal usually last me all week for lunches. Make it your own :)

I love this, this will be on next week's lunch menu. I may have to add some cilantro lime rice