Getting back on Keto wagon (January challenge 2017)

Options
nicee247
nicee247 Posts: 31 Member
edited December 2016 in Social Groups
This holiday has made me fall out of my usual eating habits. I'm beginning to have some health challenges because of too much carbs.

It's time to get my acts right. Who's with me on this, I.e, for those who have cheated or stalled. Let's encourage each other daily by staying accountable for 30 days.

I'll be starting on the 2nd of January with intermittent fasting, then posting my meals daily and weekly weigh-in's[saturdays].

For those interested in participating, please can you write your current weight with your goal weight by the end of the challenge.

Current weight : 179
Goal weight : 169

Can't wait to begin :smile:

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in, I have been slacking and also sick so I need to get back on track. I will post my current weight on Dec 31. Goal weight is 135 ☺️
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My biggest goal for the new year is to consistently keep my carbs at a keto level. Losing weight would be a nice bonus.

CW: 130
    Carb goal: 20g
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My track record with friends and challenges is dismal, but since returning from vacation abroad, I'm ready to get back on track. I also have a goal of being more interactive on this board. On January 1st, of course...
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. I fell off the wagon way too long ago and it's time for a change. I am not home so it will be a week or so before I can post my starting weight. However, I'd like to start with a goal of losing ten pounds this month. Also wanting to focus on entering and maintaining ketosis; not overeating; and being creative in the kitchen. Lastly, I want to stay motivated. It's been my biggest challenge and without support I barely make it a week. Hopefully, this group will help!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    In again on this. I lost weight while in Jamaica for 3 weeks but now that I've returned there is a stress eating factor rearing its ugly head. Having my husband home (seasonal retirement) totally screws with my regular IF and low carb eating plan. I must BREATHE!
  • nicee247
    Options
    Hello y'all. What are you having for dinner? Thinking of roasted chicken with Mayo dippings. Want to do zero carbs for some few days.
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Seriously need this, have had a bad end to 2016 - but 2017 is going to be a much calmer and more positive year, going to be working on my mindset and dealing with binge eating problems, and definitely aiming to get back to under 20g Carb total - although first plan is to get the eating under control first.

Have put on pretty much all the weight I lost last year so 2017 is all about change for me as a whole person, not just weight - but health and stress needs to be improved too
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    In. I gained 5 lbs of what I think is mostly water weight from holiday eating and I am so ready to get back to eating low carb. My current weight is 181, goal by the end of Jan is 175. Ultimate goal weight is 125.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I am with you!
    CW: Around 136-137
    Goal range: 130-133. I'd really like to get to 130 so I have some wiggle room b/c what has been happening (since March) is that I'll get to 133-134 and then bounce up from there so I spend very little time in my actual goal range and mostly hang out 1-4 lbs above it. I'm sure it sounds ridiculous that I care about so few lbs but it does make a difference in clothing fit and it tends to come and go all in my belly (otherwise I wouldn't care; my BMI is low since I have relatively little LBM).
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    In! December has been a disaster for me food wise. Health wise it has been good. I finally feel good and my blood thyroid levels have moved to where they should be with treatment. That means I am in good headspace and can/should be able to focus on hitting goal again. I was at/close to goal last feb when my thyroid went wacky and I gained and health suffered. So, my goal is IF 5 days/week, keto all the time, and one weekend day up to 50gm net carbs as opposed to 20/day.

Current weight:164lbs
    Goal for end of Jan: 158lbs
    End goal: 135-145lbs, I am not sure yet.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I so want to get back to strict keto. I also want to stick to IF. I plan on weighing tomorrow as a fresh start...but
    CW: 161
    Short term GW: 150
    GW:130
    Im Brittany!!
  • Juliegray1963
    Juliegray1963 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I want in. Im at 135. GW is around 115. At my highest I was 196. Ive been eating carbs/sugar since Thxgiving. I am ready to get back at it starting on Jan 2. Thx for this thread.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am so in. I have been off track for sometime now.
    CW 264.2
    GW 250
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in with bells on! I least saw the wagon in July and I'm excited to be getting back to sanity.

CW 93kg (about 205lbs.) My highest weight ever I might add
    GW 65kg (about 143)

I'm sure I can lose it all this year especially with the support of you lovely guys
  • nicee247
    Options
    Happy new year friends.

We can do it together. Let's make each other accountable. I really want to do strictly Keto. We can post our meals and give meal-inspiration.

We'll reach our goal by 31st January. I'm optimistic.
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Ok putting it out there my stats to begin this new year:-

Starting weight - 20st 2lbs
    Goal weight - 10st
    Target for January - to lose 1st

• nicee247
    Options
    @Carnivorekat , you can do it.
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm in - beginning of December I had reached my lowest weight - 138lbs and was only 7lbs off goal
    I've been on this journey on and off (with pregnancy and baby in the middle!!) but my heaviest was just below 200lb so I have come a long way to suddenly throw it away!
    Fast forward to end of December, with Christmas, my birthday and new year all being great excuses for me to hide behind - I've gained 6lb and am now 13lbs away from goal.
    My main goals are
    1) to completely eliminate gluten and wheat.
    I know they don't agree with me and I am a headachey, bloated, grumpy, lethargic mess when I eat them. I know this, yet I somehow push that knowledge away when i make bad choices.
    2) stop eating meals just because it is breakfast/ lunch / dinner time and listen to my body about hunger
    3) do some reflection on why I sabotage myself and how I can stop repeating the same patterns

CW - 144
    GW - 131
    End of Jan I would like to be back where I was at the start of Dec so 138!!

Good luck everyone