Leslie Sansone January 2017 Walk Challenge

texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited January 2017 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

It is January, 2017, and time to start a new monthly challenge! The first one for 2017! So lets make January an extraordinarily awesome month while we enjoy the beginning of a brand new year, with so many possibilities and hope for a brand new start of a healthy year ahead for us all!

Crisp and cold and even snowy weather is definitely here for many of us depending where we live. Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes walking in the snow or whatever the weather might be outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into the first month of 2017! Can you believe it :o . It is like we blinked and 2016 is gone and January is right there awaiting the turn of the calendar page... into a whole new year with new beginnings and possibilities!!

Let us start 2017 walking strong and with the determination that this will be our best year yet!

Blessings,
texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    Off to a good start! Miracle Miles 1 mile workout before we head to family celebration.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Happy New Year Walkers! Welcome to our new walkers and new friends.

I just tried out my legs for the new year. The pain set in a mile 3 at the park. I slowed down and called it a day. For this month I am not going to set a goal. My goal is to get the legs healthy. I will just log my walks and see what I come up with at the end of the month.

3.58 miles walked today.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I'm ready to get my legs in gear again. I'm not setting a goal just yet. I'm switched from my Jawbone Up24 tracker to an Apple Watch ( surprise Christmas present) and I'm trying to figure out the tracking options.

I'm hoping to work up to getting back into walking routine and moving up to step routines.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,525 Member
    January goal:
    - 120 miles , 15 over 10,000 steps
    - Leslie Sansone DVD twice the first week
    - Weights,
    - Balance

Yes, pretty ambitious I know. I have resources gathering dust.
    - I have 8 Leslie Sansone DVD's gathering dust
    - I have hand weights gathering dust.
    - I have wrist weights that I wear when I walk
    - I have a book on stretching, a book on walking off weight and a TOPS chapter to all draw on.

Balance: physically and mentally - I really want to take Yoga. I am going to research a beginner class close to home.

Jan 1 - 3.22 miles - nice walk outside.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,525 Member
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    Happy New Year Walkers! Welcome to our new walkers and new friends.

I just tried out my legs for the new year. The pain set in a mile 3 at the park. I slowed down and called it a day. For this month I am not going to set a goal. My goal is to get the legs healthy. I will just log my walks and see what I come up with at the end of the month.

3.58 miles walked today.

Get well soon.
  • classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    could someone please tell me which one of her tapes are for beginners? Senior very overweight. Thanks
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    ClassyKaren you can download some of the walks for free rather than buy something you might not like or find too difficult. There's one in conjunction with the American heart association, which would be a good starting point. However you can modify all of them to what you are able to do.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,093 Member
    could someone please tell me which one of her tapes are for beginners? Senior very overweight. Thanks

I would start with any of her 1 mile walks. Her 1 Mile Happy Walk is free on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3q5e1pV4pc
  • H2596
    Better late than never.

20 minute walk to shops earlier and just completed 30 minutes (2 miles) of LS Belly Blasting Walk.
  • back2beingfrnds
    back2beingfrnds Posts: 8 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the group. I've been doing Leslie's videos from YouTube for about 3 weeks. My January goal is to get my walking in 5-6 days per week. Today I did 5k with a twist. I'm looking forward to a fun and productive month
  • twokatlover
    twokatlover Posts: 24 Member
    Hi I haven't been on much but need to get going and this sounds like a good place to start. I have her tapes and a new Fitbit Charge 2 so hopefully will get moving and losing.
  • NicaBree
    NicaBree Posts: 4 Member
    I got my Christmas wish! A Fitbit Blaze. <3 it is what I really needed to get motivated again.

My goal this month is

60 miles as well as 10,500 steps a day.

Weekends are the hardest to reach that step count. At work i easily get 8,000 steps in.

I need to up my miles to make it to my mile goal this month. Today I am planning on a 4 mile trail walk.

So far this month 3/60
    1 mile trail
    1 mile track
    1 mile with leslie
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,857 Member
    Hello, everyone. I'm also new to the group and I love Leslie's videos. My goal is to do her videos or walk outside (weather permitting) at least 5 days a week.

Here's January, so far:
    1 - rest day
    2 - 1 mile walk Leslie Sansone Utilmate 5 Day Walk Plan DVD
    3 - Leslie Sansone "Walk Indoors! Interval" video from Youtube. I loved this one.

Carol
  • H2596
    A repeat of yesterday. 20 minutes outside walk plus 30 minutes LS
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member

2 Mile Walk This Way
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,484 Member
    I am going for 3.5/day or 108.5 for the month of January!

1/1-Endomondo tracked walk through Delftse Hout and Wandelparkm Parks in The Haguge, Netherlands-4.0 miles=4 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 2.9 miles=6.9 miles total
    1/2 Vivofit tracked 1.7 miles=8.6 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile: