Getting back on Keto wagon (January challenge 2017)

Options

Replies

• mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I got lazy with workouts and slid into making poor food choices in November and December. I finally stepped on the scale this morning to assess the damage and I'm only up 2.8 pounds - though it could be more because I think i had lost one or two more pounds after my last weigh-in based on how my clothes were fitting. Anyway, it's not as bad as I thought. I got back on the low carb wagon this morning and just after my morning coffee and breakfast of poached eggs with spinach sauteed in coconut oil, I feel great.

Current weight: 138.8
    Goal weight: 125

January is a great time for me to focus on fat loss (my scale said my body fat is at 31.5%!!!!), since I will start training for a marathon starting in February.
  • sharonmcd10
    sharonmcd10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! I definitely want to begin this! I have gained 20 lbs over the past 6 months and have decided to begin the LCHF with IF this year!

CW: 243
    GW for Jan: 230
    GW for 2017: 150
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    My kids bought themselves a Reese pb boxed cake mix today. I am sitting here drinking black tea to fill my belly and keep the sugar cravings away. Yikes!!
  • crunchketo
    crunchketo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    CW 170
    GW 160 (this month)
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weigh myself this morning, so will add weight/goals tomorrow. I am trying to avoid grains (I love them, they don't love me!) and keep carbs under 100g. Hope it's ok that I'm not keto!
  • binkviv
    binkviv Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    CW 207
    GW 170
  • redheadbynature
    redheadbynature Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Getting back on track. Been Keto for almost 4 year. Went a little crazy in December and gained 14 lbs!
  • Mellie2fit2quit
    Mellie2fit2quit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I've been off my game for the past 5 months. After I went on vacation, it just went all downhill from there lol... I'm going to do better!!!!!

Cw- 239
    January goal - 230

Slow and steady.... add me, I need friends on here :smile:
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Late to the party, but definitely in. Going low-carb this time (not keto - too many issues with eating keto) and will keep the carbs to less than 75 per day. Will update later with the starting weight, but the goal weight is to lose 10 lbs this month!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm in. I need to finish this by losing the final 30 in 2017. Back to basics!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    I love short term goals. 4 weeks 10 pounds? Might be possible, since I'm coming back from an extreme carb, drinking, binging overload. Normally, I when I'm doing Keto I can I lose 1 pound a week. I will probably see huge water loss this first week, especially with no alcohol.
    I'm in for 10 for January. After that, I will strive for my 4 pounds a month. Until my goal of 139.

CW: 169
    GW 159 Feb 1st.

Thanks for this thread to keep me accountable in January!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I need all the help and accountability I can get. Of course I want the scale numbers to go down but, my main focus is getting my blood pressure and A1C numbers down.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am right here with you all. I have been on a serious back slide for the past few months. I started measuring and logging accurately yesterday and today I got on the scale to see that I've gained 22 lbs. back since September. I'm looking forward to checking in with you all regularly to keep each other motivated.

Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 209.8 lbs.
    Goal weight by 1/31: 199.8 lbs.
    Ultimate goal weight: 150 lbs.

This week I resolve to record everything I eat and drink as accurately as possible, as well as to take more steps each day than I did the day before. Next week I will get to the gym at least 3 times. More to follow, good luck friends!!

• mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    HairTie1 wrote: »
    I'm in. On a journey to qualify for Boston at Chicago Marathon in October using fat for fuel. Had 4 weeks of solid ketosis from Thanksgiving to Christmas, then I punted for a week with two days of major binge in there. Back on the wagon as of December 31st and seeing my first detectable ketones this morning. Woot!

Current: 184 pounds
    Target end of January: 176 pounds (assumes 4 pounds of water weight will slide off this week)
    Racing weight for 2017 season: 170 (goal to be here and stable by end of March for a half marathon PR)

Giddy-up!
    Nick

Hey, I'm glad to encounter another distance runner here! Have you done a marathon before while on low carb? I'm curious about your experience and any tips you might have.