Getting back on Keto wagon (January challenge 2017)

Options

Replies

• dvmmcw4015
    dvmmcw4015 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @mountainrun73 and @HairTie1 - I did several 10Ks and a 10 miler using fat for fuel and I felt great. I don't know how a marathon would compare, other than being a lot harder (!), but I think that if your body has had time to adjust and burn fat efficiently you should feel great. Keep us posted- would love to know how your training goes.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I have run some distance with fat as fuel. I was not at keto levels but for sure below 75gm/day of carb. 2 10k races and up to half marathon distance in training quite often with one race. I felt great and I performed well for my beginner status and the amount I trained. Could you find/create some fat bomb type things to take along if you need fuel for longer distances??
  • Danyae17
    Danyae17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started this keto thing on 1/2/17. I've read a lot about the plan but still feel lost. I think I'm doing ok but would love some help/encouragement/support/advice!

I set my macros to:
    Carbs - 25g (8%)
    Protein - 65g (20%)
    Fat - 104g (72%)

But i'm not even sure if that's where they should be?

CW: 172
    GW Feb 1 = 162
    GW 2017 = 135-145

Please feel free to add me!
    TIA
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a few days late getting back on track but here we go....

CW 163
    GW 155 - Feb
    Ultimate GW 145

Macros set at 5% carbs, 70% fat and 25% protein

I'll be back to the gym hopefully tomorrow, following the Strong Lift 5x5

Happy New Year!! I have a wonderful feeling that 2017 is going to rock!!!
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I just got back from a 3 week vacation in Central America where rice and beans and fried plantains were unavoidable at every meal! So I just went all out and had soda, sugar, and basically everything that I eliminated while eating keto. I noticed though that it was upsetting my stomach and my joints are really achy and I was constantly hungry. Looking forward to resuming keto or at least low carb.

CW: 143 lb
    GW 1/31: 140 lb

After my blowout I'm sure I have at least 3 lbs of pure water weight to lose but I'm not sure exactly how much so I'm just going to set a goal for 3 lbs whether it's water, fat or a combination. I believe I was at 137 before my vacation.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Danyae17 wrote: »
    Hello! I just started this keto thing on 1/2/17. I've read a lot about the plan but still feel lost. I think I'm doing ok but would love some help/encouragement/support/advice!

I set my macros to:
    Carbs - 25g (8%)
    Protein - 65g (20%)
    Fat - 104g (72%)

But i'm not even sure if that's where they should be?

CW: 172
    GW Feb 1 = 162
    GW 2017 = 135-145

Please feel free to add me!
    TIA

Looks great to me! I think you've definitely done your homework!
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party, but I'm in!! I've been off and on keto for a while. I actually started back yesterday, so today I'm keto-fluin' hardcore! As in I seriously thought I might have a stomach flu ... and then I realized. *face palm* OH WELL ... I'm already de-bloated 2 pounds since yesterday so I'll take it. Must. Push. Through.

Here's the info:
    SW: 212.8
    CW: 210.8 :smile:
    01/31 GW: 199 (doable?? We'll find out!)
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Exact same story as @becwana :blush:
    CW: 147
    GW: 135 (hit 138 as my all time low a few months ago and felt great)
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party, but I'm in!! I've been off and on keto for a while. I actually started back yesterday, so today I'm keto-fluin' hardcore! As in I seriously thought I might have a stomach flu ... and then I realized. *face palm* OH WELL ... I'm already de-bloated 2 pounds since yesterday so I'll take it. Must. Push. Through.

Here's the info:
    SW: 212.8
    CW: 210.8 :smile:
    01/31 GW: 199 (doable?? We'll find out!)

You're watching your electrolytes, yes?
  • thegreatroheelio
    thegreatroheelio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I started the day after Christmas, but I feel like I am just getting rolling. This time doing keto, I'm actually keeping track of my fat and protein in addition to carbs. I guess what I did in the past was just low carb.
    We got this!

Weight on 1/1: 179.2lbs
    GW: 169.2 lbs

Here are my macros from today.

j9cd24vnrus8.png
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I already feel better, it's amazing what just 3 days of keto eating can do for us. I lost 1.6lbs. of water weight overnight. That really makes a big difference. I have also successfully gotten in more steps each day this week than the week before. Today I am shooting to surpass my 10,000 step goal and keep that going for the rest of the week. Shooting for 15,000 steps by Saturday.

How is everyone else doing?
  • nicee247
    nicee247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @stacChrz, having Keto flu but feeling great. Feeling light but haven't weighed myself. Running around the house with my toddlers is exercise enough for me I guess.

• macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Weighed in yesterday, starting at 136.6. Goal for January: 130.
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

You're watching your electrolytes, yes?

I am, but maybe I wasn't enough. I'm also wondering now if I don't have a touch of something else as well :/ I have tummy issues worse than I've ever had with keto flu.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm failing at low carb today, unfortunately. I've been sick for almost a week with an awful sinus cold that's now morphing into a chest cold with the added bonus of stomach sensitivity, so I'm turning to bland food for the moment. I feel obscurely guilty,even though I know I'm legit sick and will be right back on course tomorrow. I just don't trust my insides with rich food today. I did great yesterday and the day before so I know I'll be back on the wagon very soon. Just have to suck it up til then.
  • dvmmcw4015
    dvmmcw4015 Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon @amyinthetardis1231! I just want to eat saltines when I feel like that :(