Getting back on Keto wagon (January challenge 2017)

Options

Replies

• dvmmcw4015
    dvmmcw4015 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    SW 163
    GW by Feb 1 153

LC diet goals: 75% fats, 20% protein, 5% carbs

01/06/17 157 Oh that glorious first week of LCHF.
  • lilyanneetc
    lilyanneetc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm in as well! I have rheumatoid arthritis, and have been dealing with appetite messing side effects from a medication for months now. For a while, literally all I could bear to think of eating was gluten free bread or potatoes, though I'd force myself to eat veggies at lunch. I'd wander other aisles in the grocery store feeling nauseated and upset. But I seem FINALLY to be over this, and I want to get back to keto eating! I've felt better eating keto than any other way of eating, so fingers crossed it helps my energy this time.

If I'm perfectly honest, I'm not in this to lose weight (and I am fat, I've always been fat, it's just how I'm built, and I don't own a scale) but I will share meals and macros!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Fashionably late to the party, But I'm HERE !! Finally reining in the carbs these past few days. January's goal is to remove the 8 pounds of bloat I gained over holidays.

CW180
    GW- Jan 172
    GW - below 165 and down 3 pant sizes.
  • btrsun10
    btrsun10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok so here are my stats.
    Cw 145
    Gw by 31 Jan 139 (an extra lb just cos I don't wanna be in the 140s any longer!)

I'm supposedly having a dry January but already have 2 dos arranged that I need to attend :#
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of 90% fat went well! I am sitting here sipping on a cup of salted broth with cayenne pepper. Tomorrow I will bump up to 20gm total carbs and hold there for a while to see what my body does. Headed to the garage in a few min to throw around some weights, I have been looking gforward to deadlifts all day! Have a good evening everyone!!
  • youngmomtaz
    Options
    Egg latte for breakfast! Full of energy now! 685kpe9scnz9.jpg
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You are right. I should really switch to decaf. Though I wonder if I can find organic decaf as I've read somewhere that decaf is achieved through an unhealthy process?
    But right now I'm in a vicious cycle. Because I end up not sleeping much I need the caffeine to feel right. Once in a while I quit coffee and then I feel like I can't get any work done.

I'll take melatonin tonight to try to sleep earlier.
    kpk54 wrote: »
    solska wrote: »
    I'll have bpc now -- which really keeps me full and well, though messes up my sleep at night.

I hope you're drinking decaf coffee since you have previously mentioned sleep issues on several occasions. Caffeine does tend to disrupt the sleep of many.

• solska
    Options
    I've finally made some keto macaroons last night. Didn't turn out perfect. I need a better recipe but still awesome to have. If I was prepared with stuff like this for post Christmas like I was for Thanksgiving I wouldn't have derailed. Someone else said above, prep is key. Store had huge sale on baking goods so stocked up on almond meal, coconut flour, and ghee! Fridge is also full with ingredients for many keto meals. I will need to watch the calorie intake at some point. Focusing on eating the right stuff and taking supplements right now. I need to then fix sleep and exercise patterns. Meaning I need to get some routine. I'm recovering from a recent hand/thumb and ankle injury, so that's not easy coming.
  • nicee247
    nicee247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My weigh-in day's gonna be on Saturdays.

1st weigh-in for this challenge :
    Starting weight : 179
    Current weight : 170

9 pounds down. Mostly water weight but it's encouraging.

When will you weigh in and how many pounds have you lost?
  • youngmomtaz
    Options
    I will prob weigh in on Monday. Fingers crossed for 2-3lbs down.
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing well! Keep up the good work and stay focused.

I actually lost weight while on vacation and haven't gained it back; trying to keep it that way. Unfortunately, the cold weather just makes me want to eat comfort foods - for me... pasta! I will keep trying to resist.

CW: 203
    GW: 193 (Jan)
  • dvmmcw4015
    dvmmcw4015 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was fat burning this summer and fall. I ran some 10 milers and felt great. Then I started eating too many carbs and it's like loosing aerobic capacity. I am on day 6 of re-Keto and I just about died during my HIIT workout today. I remember feeling this way when I first started Keto last March. I lost a lot of my Fat Burning efficiency along with gaining weight during my carb fueled November and December. Just hope I remember this crappy feeling the next time I want to carb binge!
  • Mellie2fit2quit
    Mellie2fit2quit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to beat this sugar addiction guys. I'm on day 8 of no sugar and I got a headache today. :s

Withdrawal....
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to beat this sugar addiction guys. I'm on day 8 of no sugar and I got a headache today. :s

Withdrawal....

Or low electrolytes...
    Getting salt may help. Drink some pickle juice
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I didn't do great this week with either diet or exercise but it was better than last month. Lost 1.6 of the 2.8 lbs I had gained.
  • Mellie2fit2quit
    Mellie2fit2quit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_

Thanks. I thought that too bc I've been peeing so much and had an episode of diarrhea. :o
  • solska
    Options
    True. A little Himalayan salt and water water water works wonders. Lavender oil is also great for headaches.

Withdrawal....

Or low electrolytes...
    Getting salt may help. Drink some pickle juice

• solska
    Options
    2.6 pounds to the last lowest pre-Christmas weight of 194.6. Hope to wake up tomorrow morning with that gone too. Happy to be back on track though of course. I wish the last couple of weeks were about more progress rather than trying to get back on track but also good to see that I can get back on track even when I stray a lot. And also good to remember, it sucks to lose progress because I wasn't prepared when away from home. Let the 180s come so I can believe I didn't fail at this, then 170s, 160s and so on. Still hoping to hit that End of January and April 1st goal before the final goal.