Rock Your Resolution: January 2017 Challenge, Week 2 (1/8-1/14)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
Obligatory repeat of challenge blurb :wink: :
baconslave wrote: »
Here we are. Another year gone. But a new one will be starting, and in keeping with the tradition of a New Year Resolution, we have a challenge for you aiming at helping you KEEP those resolutions this year.

Let us know your resolutions, or even just a way you'd like to challenge yourself this month.
You can report your progress to your goal, whether it be ultra-obsessive daily hitting your low-carb plan basics, or working on a fitness goal, or even nailing down other good habits in your life. And if you have problems or need advice, you'll find that here.

Each week there will be a thread to collect your progress that week and to interact with other challengers.
A post up in the stickies will contain links to the weekly threads should this one get buried. 2 clicks will get you back to this one without having to search.

Before you start, think about your goals. For measurable resolutions, we recommend getting a baseline.

Here are some ideas (abridged from @FIT_Goat in this post For Those with New Year Resolutions):
[*] Get an average of your most recent weigh-ins for a good idea of your starting weight.
[*] Record your food, even if you're estimating. Sure, it will be a little higher in calories/junk due to the holiday season but it will still be better than having nothing.
[*] Take body measurements and pictures. To make sure they are accurate, take several sets of measurements and average them. Or watch this video on how to measure yourself so that you are actually measuring the same spots every time. You never need to show/share these with anyone, but you might be surprised how willing you will be to share them when you have success.
[*] Make an exercise log and try for your current personal bests (even if they're nothing to be proud of). Again, a starting number is better than nothing. It will show you how much you have achieved.
[*]If you're also doing something else (like quitting smoking), the same idea applies. Take a starting measurement, like how many cigs or packs per day. You'll often be shocked at how much growth you make.

Remember changes are often slow and hard to see in the mirror. The scale is lazy and doesn't always readily reflect genuine progress. Measurements and pics will help you really see what's going on behind the scenes. And speaking of invisible progress, how you feel (improved health and/or energy) are great markers that your change is working.

Sooooo...go ahead and introduce yourself and/or post your goals when you are ready. Challenge starts on the 1st

This is a fresh new year.
Own it.

We'll be here to cheer you on.

Happy New Year and make that resolution stick.

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    In! Will check in tomorrow from a computer.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Ok, this morning I am still at the same weight I've been at for the last two weeks. I'm going to weigh in on Wednesday and see if it drops b/c shark week. I did yoga this morning and will be going to Crossfit tonight (unless some disaster strikes). No major cheats, but I did go over calories yesterday. Will be trying to cut the majority of the artificial sugar out of my diet this week.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Last week was a complete bust for me as I was really sick...but I'm back on it. Finally feeling better so time to get serious again :)
    • Net Carbs under 40
    • Get my steps in (10K) and start running again soon. Not quite there yet due to bronchitis
    • Keep up the fluids
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    1/8/17 check-in: Weight good. Carbs good. No outdoor walk or jog because it was snowy, the temperature was 1 and the windchill -8. I did do a strength training workout. I also got my collagen in. Successful day! :)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    Finally bought a battery for my fitbit yesterday. I have this weird compulsion of not being able to follow through with an idea or plan until all components fall into place. With this hurdle out of the way, I can get down to business.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Checking in Monday!
    Same weight as last week and holding.
    Got my protein for lunch.
    Dinner planned for today.

Trying not to get discouraged. It seemed easier the last time I was dieting LCHF. This time I'm back at it and doesn't seem to have kicked in yet. Only week 2, so this week I will keep a better eye out for quantity and eliminate that late evening "treat".
    Yup! Down to business this week.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I'm down appx. 3 lbs despite a grand celebration of my mum's 80th in the weekend. Haven't done anything special besides doing slightly more mindful eating. Haven't started weighing food yet. I'll assess further action in the next couple of weeks. Maybe it was a fluke, lol.

Good job everyone for staying on track..or coming back on!
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    On track with logging every day and staying within my calorie and LCHF macro goals.

Lost the 5 lbs of water weight I gained over the holidays - so now on to some real work! :smiley:
  • baconslave
    Options
    I made merry on Saturday as is my habit. If I don't start losing any by the end of the month, then I'll have to make much less merry on Saturdays. But as of right now, I'm still suffering from the early-onset of the evil TOM. Sunday was of course perfect as planned (cals and carbs) and will be so today as well. I prelog my days every day, so I just follow the plan.

I rested all weekend. And today switched from the Warrior 90 program to the Hero 90. That's much more like it. I'll be working out every day this week and rest on either Sat or Sun. We'll have to see how much whining my sissy hands and wrists are doing this week. Silly little idiots... #girlyhandsproblems
  • ked24_7
    ked24_7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Meh same weight as last week but not surprised after a bad 3 days. Goals for the week-
    1. Clean eating and focusing on staying within my calories 1100-1300.
    2. No binging - not even once!
    3. Make a list of rewards that aren't food related. (Any helpful suggestions appreciated!)
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I lost 0.5kg on my weigh in on Sat. I have made prace with slow weight loss and this to me is good. I'm back at work so travel challenges begin. Lucky for me I'm booked in a hotel with a gym so I squeezed in a walking workout yesterday. My back pain is almost gone so no more excuses.

Goals this week : workout out at least 30 mins everyday
    Log everything good or bad
    Drink 8 cups of water.

God luck everyone!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Here I am, I know everyone missed me. :rolls eyes:

So I'm finally back down to pre holiday weight!!! Firmly in ketosis and feeling good. I'm not upping my carbs, I changed my mind, I'll wait till maintenance.

SW- 189
    GW: 185

-Drink two forty ounce bottles of water.
    -Start an exercise regime five days a week.
    -Keep carbs under twenty net.
    -Don't buy anymore nuts!!!!!!!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Of course we missed you SuperCarLori! Nice job getting back to Keto.

My goal is to get back to keto, but I'm still having a hard time with getting those carbs down and dealing that late night binge. Last night after a great day I broke into a bag of chips at 11pm because I couldn't get to sleep. WTF!
    I am working on keeping this a priority. Not sure why I'm self sabotaging. It's totally a mental game at this point. New stressors that are out of my control are creeping back in my psyche.
    Today is a New day!
  • baconslave
    Options

So I'm finally back down to pre holiday weight!!! Firmly in ketosis and feeling good. I'm not upping my carbs, I changed my mind, I'll wait till maintenance.

SW- 189

Dem nuts are the DEBIL!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I feel for you @slimzandra. Pre keto I had a horrible problem with late night eatelse. Also my 1st few months of keto. I was always hungry which is not conducive to sleep for me. Then I would fill myself up with sugary sweet stuff which is not conducive to sleep for me. Eat the fat throughout your day to try to keep you hunger at bay and if you're not already taking magnesium, start taking it for rest about an hour before betime and see if it helps.

If the eating is more of a bad habit or true binge behavior, it may be helpful to try a substitution for tater chips. Heavily salted celery pieces or radishes. Carbs yes but crunchy, salty, finger food. My "thing" was sweets. Primarily huge bowls of ice cream which we keep around because well...my husband lives here too. I started subbing with a homemade jello which would make some people cringe since it is made with dry Kool-aid and Knox gelatin (sweetened with stevia). I'd go to bed with it or get up at 3 in the AM and eat it by the pint like ice cream. It was cold, sweet, I liked the texture and I could eat a bunch guilt free in regards to calories/macros. Not perfect but effective. Knock on wood, I'm off the jello, off the bingeing, staying in ketosis and sleeping well. Just a true confession that may help you or someone else. Progress trumps perfection.
  • Cadori
    Options

Hey now, of course we did!
  • Cadori
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

SW- 189

Dem nuts are the DEBIL!

TRUTH!!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

Hey now, of course we did!

Oh you guys. I need you all.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    For 1/10/17
    Logged - yay
    Jogged - yay
    Fitbit steps 6000 - more than I expected

Hitting the gym tonight, hubby has plans with friends.