Linda (SavedByGrace) OMAD Phase 2 ~ 2017

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Maint is great! I expect to gain 2-3 lbs so anything less than that is bonus. I don't think gaining 2-3 is bad either. Just shows you had a good time! What's important now is what we do for the rest of the year.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Great idea to make a new thread for 2017. Nothing like making a new start to the year.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Just checking in to say I'm still the same weight. I gained a couple pounds and lost a couple pounds over the holidays. I know I'll lose something this month. I will just keep on keeping on and doing what I need to do to stay on program this month. I will weigh again next week. Best wishes that everyone goes down a pound this coming week!! We can do this!

I also think that it is terrific that you managed to maintain. I wish that had happened to me.

I hope we all lose at least a pound this week too!

I'm in this with you guys. Hoping for 1 pound this week :)
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Maint is great! I expect to gain 2-3 lbs so anything less than that is bonus. I don't think gaining 2-3 is bad either. Just shows you had a good time! What's important now is what we do for the rest of the year.

Good point
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    I'll be following your updates, you inspire me! Go Linda :)
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    What's important now is what we do for the rest of the year.

I'm the noob here, but what excites me about this method is that is seems to me to easily be a lifestyle, not a diet. I wanted to find something that I could do for the rest of my life, and this seems to be it. Somewhere I saw someone (Joe?) mention that an easy way to do maintenance was simply to add more splurge days. Simple is important, because when it comes to regimen, I am quite lazy!
  • brendagaudette69
    brendagaudette69 Posts: 4 Member
    I fast two days a week while doing OMAD on the other days and was wondering if it is healthy to do this?
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Thank you everyone. I appreciate you all.

Maintenance is great because like Joe says, add an extra splurge day until you maintain without gaining. This is a wonderful program. I have a ways to go to get to maintenance but by the time I get there I'll know what to do.

• blambo61
    leveejohn wrote: »
    What's important now is what we do for the rest of the year.

I'm the noob here, but what excites me about this method is that is seems to me to easily be a lifestyle, not a diet. I wanted to find something that I could do for the rest of my life, and this seems to be it. Somewhere I saw someone (Joe?) mention that an easy way to do maintenance was simply to add more splurge days. Simple is important, because when it comes to regimen, I am quite lazy!

I definitely look at this as a life style. I think when I hit maint, I will either do more splurge days or I will just open the window longer. I think the later most likely so as to maintain the discipline of fasting. My splurge days will probably be 16:8s with the lunch being a big salad and then regular OMAD days. I could live with that!
  • blambo61
    I fast two days a week while doing OMAD on the other days and was wondering if it is healthy to do this?

I'm sure that is healthy but are you losing weight? If you are not, you may need to cut out at least one of them.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    I'm back....I took a trip to see an old friend. Still eating within my feeding period. Splurge day was Saturday. I will weight next week. Happy trails!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    I'm up three pounds from splurge day. I was going to wait until Saturday to weigh but wanted to check so I'm kicking this 3 pounds to curb by the weekend. Who's with me? Let's get this ball rolling and take some weight off this week.
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    I'm with you! I had a splurge myself, ridiculous hunger.. lets kick those pounds to the curb!!!
  • blambo61
    I need to buckle down. I had a splurge day last sat and yesterday because I went skiing both days and fasting and skiing don't mix well. I'm back at it today and for rest of week though.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    I'm up three pounds from splurge day. I was going to wait until Saturday to weigh but wanted to check so I'm kicking this 3 pounds to curb by the weekend. Who's with me? Let's get this ball rolling and take some weight off this week.

I'll join. I want to lose weight by Saturday as well! Even if its only a bit!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Let's have some good numbers ladies.....we are strong and we are powerful!!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Let's have some good numbers ladies.....we are strong and we are powerful!!

Ladies AND Gentleman
    <3B)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Absolutely...forgive me men ♥
  • blambo61
    Absolutely...forgive me men ♥

Your forgiven :)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Thank you Bob...you know I could never forget you...