What are you training for?

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Training for my first marathon. Only 149 days left!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Training for the Pittsburgh Marathon in May and Ragnar Relay PA in June. I will do a half sometime in March and maybe run the 10 miler in April as well.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    I have a few races this year, so I'm pretty much training non-stop. Have a marathon in 6 weeks and then a 50km 3 weeks after that.
    I then have back to back to back 30 miles, at the end of May, a 50 miler at the start of July and a 60 miler at the start of September. October is back to back 30 milers, ending the year with a marathon in November.
    Then start training all over again for 2018, though looking to fill in the empty months in 2018 with a few new races.

I am totally in awe of this.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    I have a few races this year, so I'm pretty much training non-stop. Have a marathon in 6 weeks and then a 50km 3 weeks after that.
    I then have back to back to back 30 miles, at the end of May, a 50 miler at the start of July and a 60 miler at the start of September. October is back to back 30 milers, ending the year with a marathon in November.
    Then start training all over again for 2018, though looking to fill in the empty months in 2018 with a few new races.

Slacker. :D
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @mountainrun73 - The Zion half is on my bucket list...looks amazing!!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

Same here
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

Same here

Me too, but not this year. I love Zion. I don't live anywhere nearby, but have spent some time hiking there on a few trips. In fact, my profile photo was taken at the top of Angel's Landing.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    Me too, but not this year. I love Zion. I don't live anywhere nearby, but have spent some time hiking there on a few trips. In fact, my profile photo was taken at the top of Angel's Landing.
    Yeah, I'm way too far away for it not to be a planned major family vacation....someday though....
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    Yeah, I'm way too far away for it not to be a planned major family vacation....someday though....

I'm single, so I only have to worry about my own schedule (that's tough enough). The interesting thing is that towards the end of Dec., I was getting targeted ads on Facebook for the Zion runs in April. Facebook knows everything, including that I like that park and that I run. I won't claim that is eerie because it can be explained.
  • kevinuc74
    kevinuc74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first half marathon with my eyes on a marathon after that. I've only run 5Ks, 8Ks, and 10Ks so far. Training is going great but I could use some MFP friends on here that are training for a half marathon or full. I'm doing the New Jersey Half Marathon on April 30th, so plenty of training ahead of me. Good luck to all of you.
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 and @MNLittleFinn I haven't ever been to Zion, moved to northern Utah almost 2 years ago. I've heard great things about the half there. I figure I may as well run that as an excuse to finally visit. I also highly recommend Canyonlands Half in Moab (every March). Great course and Moab is awesome. There are a lot of weird things about Utah, but there are a LOT of great races to choose from just in this state
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    OOH and I'll probably do Xterra trail run nationals in September. I signed up for the 5k spur of the moment this past September after running sweep for the triathlon championships and it was a blast. We'll see though. Lots of time between now and September
  • simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Official training starting February 6! A half in April then the Idaho triple crown - full marathons June 4, July 29, and September 2! Never done anything like it, last year only did one marathon so any tips would be appreciate
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have my 1st marathon on February 26th...about 5 more weeks!! After we see how that goes, that will affect what I do in the fall /winter. I plan to enter some trail races in the Texas trail series. I'm hoping for at least 2 half marathon trail races: 1 in April, another in May and the night time 15K trail race I did last year in July.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    I just signed up for the Glacier Half Marathon on 6/24! I was planning to take a trip to Glacier National Park to go backpacking this year, but was going to do it in August. Instead, I'll move that earlier and go backpacking for a week or so after the half marathon.

Still planning on the Nebraska Trail Run 12K on 4/1.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Midwesterner - Glacier is gorgeous. So is Zion.

BeeerRunner - which marathon?

Simmoner - those are nice spaced. It takes me a very long time to recover from a marathon, but that seems almost doable.

I'm currently training for the B&A Trail marathon near Annapolis, MD. It will be my 3rd.
  • rrcoffey
    rrcoffey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My wife just surprised me with a registration for the Dopey Challenge at Disney World in January. Not quite sure if she is trying to kill me or just wanted a trip to Disney?!?!? So, that's what I'm training for along with a local half and full in October.

So, how did it go? Did you run a HM on your own since the race was cancelled?

I'm 2 weeks out of completing my first marathon and I'm feeling a little empty - LOL! I think my focus for this year is going to be on speed . . . the sub-30 minute 5K eludes me and I'd really like to get there. But, I really like the HM distance, so another 1-2 of those isn't out of the question.

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    My tri coach suggested a run focused training block this winter, so I'm registered for the Virginia Beach Marathon in March. After that, I'll do two half marathon run segments during the Patriotman 70.3 in June, then the Ironman 70.3 Lake Placid in Sept. Will probably do my next open half marathon in Hartford in October, then a local trail half marathon in November.