Options

Replies

• rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    The last four weeks has flown by!
    Got my last SL 5x5 done!
    Warm ups plus
    Squat 5x1 120 (was able to get parallel but too hard to keep going)
    5x4 115 guess I didn't lose that much muscle
    OHP tried to do 65 but too hard so stuck with 60
    Deadlift 155

Will walk later to get the rest of my burn in.

I'm proud of myself this week for sticking with it even though I haven't felt well. It's also been discouraging because if this stomach thing I'm bloated and up two pounds. But I know that's why so I'm going to keep pushing (slowly and at an easy pace) and soon I'll see the scale move again! Can't wait!

Excited to give my final four week results!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6x5x30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 48x7x30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Fitness Test
    Push-ups-4×15
    Sit ups-4×15
    Jumping jacks - 4×15

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    Start cleaning out cupboards and refrigerator in preparation for Keto foods and rid the house of temptation!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I originally planned to hit the gym today after my hair appt (yay for hot pink highlights), but I somehow managed to pull one of those tiny muscles along the ribs/under the boob and it's gotten progressively worse over the last few days. Today would be OHP and just raising my arms to put a shirt on this morning was very unpleasant. My daughter has a food challenge on Monday so I won't be working out then either, but I'm going to go in tomorrow at least for squats and deadlift. If I have to skip OHP, I'll skip it. Hopefully an extra rest day helps!
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Still on the fence regarding the ketogenic diet. I am certainly intrigued. Trying to convince myself that I can eat the same things over and over again for 3 weeks. Also, concerned that I could end up hating tofu by the time that I'm done -- don't want that because it's one of the high protein vegan foods that I really enjoy a lot. But I am leaning more toward yes than no. It would be worth it to me if lost at least an extra .25 lbs or more per week than what I am losing already.

BTW Fanncy, I wish I could clean out the cupboards but the kids would not be happy -- wow, I am trying to anticipate cooking brown rice and pasta for them but not eat any myself. But we can do anything for 21 days. That's what I am going to keep telling myself if I decide to do it.

Take it easy Amy as to not make it worse for yourself.

Great job Rachel -- keep it up!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    This site below has given me hope that it really might be possible. A few yummy looking dishes. The following quote was very encouraging...

HEMP SEEDS!!!!!!!! They are the answer to everything vegan-keto. High in healthy fats (lots of omegas), low in carbs and ZERO net carbs, and great source of protein too!! I turn them into hemp milk, hemp butter (with mct oil), and hemp cheese (with nutritional yeast which also packs a nice protein punch), and occasionally sprinkle them on-top of whatever meal I’m having.

http://meshell.ca/blog/vegan-keto-experiment-week-one-food-info-ratios/
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    DDHFree- thanks for that link! I am going to save it for future challenges! And you are definitely correct in that we can do anything for 21 days! It definitely helps if we have support along the way!

Hopefully everybody that has been ill or having other issues will be heading toward health and happiness!

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    OHP- 1 X5X 45/50/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X 95/115/125/130

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-24X7X 30

Fitness Test
    Push-ups-4×15
    Sit ups-4×15
    Jumping jacks-4×15

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    It is important to make sure that we drink enough water. I will start to increase my water intake daily which will help to eliminate side effects.

4 Week Check
    Weight loss-6.8 pounds
    Inches loss-8.75 inches
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    X-posted to January thread.

Grumbly grumble today. I hate going to the gym on Saturday! Also my gym seems to be moving weight equipment around every other day and it's getting really crowded. I heard a rumor about another squat rack going in, but I don't know where they could put it!

Squats: 5x5@ 120. Think I'll go for 125 next week!
    OHP: Skipping until my pulled/strained rib muscle calms down.
    Deadlift: 2x5 @ 125! Deadlifted my goal weight, ha! I tried one in sumo but I don't know if I did it right so sticking with traditional for now. I had to switch to the over/under grip today for the first time, and just starting to get some lifting calluses starting up. #beast
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to post these over the weekend, so here are Friday and Saturday's check-ins:

WEEK 4

DAY 3 - LEGS

Squats
    Set 1: 95 lb x 3
    Set 2: 110 lb x 3
    Set 3: 125 lb x 5

Accessory lifts
    :

Leg Press
    180 lb x 10 x 3

Lying Leg Curl
    50 lb x 10 x 3

Angled Seated Calf Raise
    30 lb x 15 x 3

WEEK 4

DAY 4 - BACK

Deadlift
    Set 1: 95 lb x 3
    Set 2: 110 lb x 3
    Set 3: 125 lb x 6

Accessory lifts:

Close-grip Row
    70 lb x 10 x 3

Lat Pulldown
    70 lb x 10 x 3

Cardio:

Rowing Machine - 2000m

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 27X7X30

Rest Day

Keto 3week Challenge February 5th-25th
    Drink water!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    @DD-8 pound fat loss is fantastic! And as you said, you gained strength and lost inches. Very successful firs 4 weeks. I didnt do measurements, but I did take pictures (also will not be sharing them right now. I took them basically nude for myself, but about 10 days in I did take some in work out clothes that I may share in the future once I really have a good reveal.

For me the first 4 weeks got me back into lifting which I had all but abandoned due to a chronic leg/hip/sciatic pain issue. These past 4 weeks I completed 6 SL workouts, which is 6 more than in December. So I'm calling that 100% improvement. I also stretched more and took epsom salt baths and in general just took better care of myself. In my next 4 weeks I plan to implement more workouts, although if squatting continues to aggravate my leg pain, I will do other strength exercises like lunges instead of upping the SL workouts (while continuing SL as I can.)

Beginning Week 1 Jan 1: 207#
    End of Week 4: Jan 28: 196.6#
    I do know that wasn't all fat though, as I indulged a bit on NYE. Either way, I will take it! Today I weighed in at 198.0 but you know how the scale can be :pensive:

Yesterday I was on my feet for hours with no leg pain until the end of the day, which is a miracle in itself. By the time it started hurting it was too late and my leg was sore while laying in bed. I tend to just push through the pain because Im not done yet! I was ironing when it started to hurt, and wasnt stopping until I was done. Planning on a SL workout today if my leg feels up to it by the time I get home.

• DDHFree
    Options
    Kirstie, you did really great also for your first 4 weeks. That's an incredible loss. But I know the reduction of pain must be the biggest pay off of all. Keep doing what you are doing and continue to heal your body. We all want to look great but health is definitely the most important.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week: 5 Workout: #1

Squat 69 lb 4 × 6

Bench Press 57 lb 4 x 6

Lat Pulldown 60 lb 4 x 6

Go team Finish_No_Matter_What
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    DDHFree- The results are fantastic for the first four weeks! 8 pounds loss is amazing! Your inches lost really show that you are tightening up really nicely! I like the way that you showed the change in your strong lift weight as well. It makes me want to look to see what my increases were. Congratulations on your four-week success!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kirstie- fantastic four week progress! Great loss! I hope you can find something that will alleviate your leg and back pain.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    4 Week Check
    Weight loss-6.8 pounds
    Inches loss-8.75 inches

Fanncy, I am just now noticing that your 4 week results was included as part of this post. I thought they were goals and decided to go back to see if I missed your post of the 4 weeks. And I did.
    Your inches lost were great also. Great job on the weight loss. We all did great on that one. I can't wait to see what we all do for the next 4 weeks because that initial loss is done.

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    4 Week Check
    Weight loss-6.8 pounds
    Inches loss-8.75 inches

I also missed this Mary, Im sorry! 6.8# fat loss and 8.75 inches is amazing, way to go!
    Thanks for the inbox message, will respond later :)

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats -1X5X 65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1×5×75, 5×5×85
    Four week summary
    Squats 60 pounds -to- 90 pounds an increase of 30 #
    OHP 50 pounds -to- 55 pounds an increase of 5 #
    DL 100 pounds- to- 130 pounds an increase of 30 #
    BP 55 pounds-to-75 pounds an increase of 20 #
    BR 75 pounds-to-85 pounds an increase of 10 #

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X7X 30

Fitness Test
    Push ups-4X17
    Sit up-4×17
    Jumping jacks-4×17
    Tomorrow will be the final fitness test!

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th - 25th
    This week my plan is to get as close to the keto macros as possible. Remember fat intake is vital.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Four weeks done already! Love seeing everyone's results. So awesome!

I am down a bit over 9 pounds! Should be ten in the next day or two.

My plan for the next 4 weeks is to lose another 8-10 pounds. I plan to continue with burning at least 3500 calories a week and cutting the same amount.

I am going to try a strong lifts/p90x combo this month followed by walking/ running whatever to get the rest of my burn in.

Let's keep pushing!

One more thing like DD I took some before pics a week or so in and yikes! I was in worse shape than I thought! I had no idea I had rolls in my back! But if I keep at it I'll have an awesome after pic to show off. Can't wait!