20 Weeks of Strength Building - Team Finish_No_Matter_What

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    rachel Congratulations on your results! I loved the kick boxing video for P90X! I felt so powerful after! I really feel like I could kick some butt if I needed to LOL You will have an awesome after picture! Can't wait to see the rest of your success story!
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Mary, OMG you really increased in strength. It's so cool to see the progress in just 4 weeks. It's also cool how although we gained weight we did not lose all of our strength. I love that and treasure my beautiful muscle beneath the fat. I am definitely preparing for this keto thing. I even bought the keto sticks today.

Rachael, congrats on the 9 lbs lost. Love your plan for the next 4 weeks. I feel motivated just reading your plans. I really want to drop 1.5 on average for the next 4 weeks. We are going to have some amazing after photos down the road.

I really appreciate the hard work you guys are doing and the effort you are putting into this post. I want us all to reach our goals set for 20 weeks.

OKay ladies, let's kick some b---. Go Team Finish_No_Matter_What!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Week 5 workout 1
    Strong lifts (I'll be keeping my weight the same for a while)
    P90x chest and back
    An ripper x (boy I was not used to that!)
    2 mile walk

• fanncy0626
    Options
    DDHFree- thanks! Since you have the test strips you might want to read this it will give you some extra information.

http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips011.html
  • DDHFree
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    DDHFree- thanks! Since you have the test strips you might want to read this it will give you some extra information.

http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips011.html

Thanks Mary as that was very helpful for me to read.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    SL A today
    Squats 45#:5/5, 65# 5x5
    BP 60# 5x5 last time I stalled at 65# and don't have a spotter when I lift, so I never went past 65#.
    Row 55# 5x5 Still my least favorite lift
    Tried to do
    Tried to do barbell curls as an accessory and failed miserably. Hahaha. Couldn't even do the empty bar, or my 20# dumbbell.
    I did a weighted hula hoop for 10 minutes, and a stepper for about 10 minutes too. Feeling good today!

Eta: focused on keeping my chest forward while squatting, not pitching forward and didn't go atg, just to parallel today (now have a mirror set up in front of me). Seemed much more stable!
  • fanncy0626
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Kirstie- Yea for your mirror. I lift at home all alone but even if you have a spotter you can't be sure they will be able to help. Everyone that lifts needs to practice the Roll of Shame wrongly named it should be Roll of Life. Please practice this!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fEUvI8Q6JDk

Mary
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Results after the first 4 weeks:
    -6 pounds
    -6.5 inches, mostly midsection/hips

OHP from 45 lbs to 50 lbs (+5)
    Squats from 110 lbs to 125 lbs (+15 lb increase)
    Bench Press from 65 lbs to 70 lbs (+10)
    Deadlift from 110 lbs to 125 lbs (+15)

Goals for the next 4 weeks:
    - Aim for another 5+ pound loss
    - Continue strength building
    - Add more challenging accessory lifts
    - Continue HIIT cardio 4x/week

Great job everyone on the first 4 week results! Can't wait to see what the next 4 weeks bring!
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    WEEK 5

DAY 1 - CHEST/TRICEPS

Flat Bench
    Set 1: 65 lb x 10
    Set 2: 65 lb x 10
    Set 3: 75 lb x 10

Accessory lifts:

Incline Dumbbell Fly
    30 lb x 10 x 3

Bench Push Ups
    10 x 3

Skullcrushers
    20 lb x 10 x 3

Triceps Press
    50 lb x 10 x 2
    50 lb x 14 x 1

Cardio

Elliptical - HIIT
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats -3×5×30
    Russian kettle bell swing-25×7×30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Fitness Test
    1/2/2017 results
    Push-ups-20 plank style
    Sit ups-30
    Jumping jacks-57
    1/31/2017 results
    Push-ups-41 plank style
    Sit ups-37
    Jumping jacks- 79
    I was amazed at how many push-ups I could do without stopping! Practicing all month really paid off. Sit ups were not difficult but the mechanics of it made it harder to get more done. The jumping jacks were hard to count because I would almost going faster than I could count! My results show that practice will help improve any exercise results.

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    Time to look over the suggested food list and make my shopping list for this challenge. Being prepared is essential in being successful. I have a sweet tooth so I will probably make up some chocolate covered cream cheese bombs!

http://ketogenicwoman.com/ketogenic-snack-recipe-jello-cream-cheese-balls/
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I should have made more trackable goals, it's hard to say how I've done on some of them. Outside of being sick, I have been to the gym 3x a week so that one's good. I've increased my weight by at least 15 lb in pretty much all the lifts. I've lost 6 lb since 1/1, although most of that was holiday water weight. I've been pretty good about stayng low carb high fat, but I don't track every day.

Today's workout was mixed. Not really how I wanted to end January, but some good stuff. I decided to try 3x5 for squats and I think I ended up doing 4x5 bc I got distracted by talking to my trainer between sets. I was working in with a guy who was pretty funny, he was cheerleading me during my sets and bouncing around to his music during his rest periods. Anyway, I hit 125 for 4 sets of 5, and probably could have done a 5th set with a nice long rest but I wanted to ee how it felt to do the lower number of sets. Trainer also suggested doing a more prolonged deload when I get stuck, by doing a couple weeks at 80% of my max and then trying a lower number of sets at my highest. So I'll try both of those and see what feels best. I did like the 3x5 bc I felt like I was able to stop before my form started to deteriorate, but I can see the benefits of both options. I guess my newb gainz are over :disappointed:

That was pretty much my entire workout. I managed one set of benchpress with the empty bar but it was murder on my strained rib muscle so I didn't even try another. I also tried a set of rows with 35 lb dumbbells since the current layout of the floor (changes every other day) doesn't leave space for barbell rows. The heavy dumbbells felt awkward though, so I may ask my trainer about some other exercises to work the same muscles, since I also hate rows.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Wow can I feel the effects of p90x yesterday! Definitely a good idea to mix things up now and then.

P90x plyo today and a short walk. See ya January it's been swell!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Great job on your results Cherrybomb.

Mary, that is awesome as I probably can't do but 5 push ups before muscle failure. I might have you beat on the sweet tooth. OMG, that's how I earned all my extra pounds. I am so proud of myself for only consuming unrefined sweets since day before New Years Eve. But I have to confess that I intentionally ate more unrefined sweets than usual on yesterday since I knew I would not be having any for awhile. I guess I started the plan today not really sure what to expect. I might get the keto flu because I decided to go all in. I'm really excited about it -- we will see how long that lasts when I start missing my dessert. I might try to make a fat bomb tonight with stevia.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    DDHFree- Stevia has chocolate drops! I am getting very close to being ready to start. I will probably wait until the fifth to completely immerse myself into it. My diary is open.

If you decide to start remember to take these precautions;
    1. Take it easy and have your salt shaker out and use it! It keeps your electrolytes balanced. Helps prevent dehydration and dizziness.
    2. Edson salt baths for magnesium and staying regular.
    3. Pickle juice 1/4 cup for leg cramps especially in the middle of the night.
    4. Bulletproof coffee to help get your fat Quota and a boost in energy.
    5. Make a shopping list and prep for meals in advance.
    6. Check your nutrition macros when you enter the food you are planning to eat.
    7. Limit net carbs to between 20–25 g

Anybody has anything to add please do it! Good luck!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    DDHFree- Stevia has chocolate drops! I am getting very close to being ready to start. I will probably wait until the fifth to completely immerse myself into it. My diary is open.

If you decide to start remember to take these precautions;
    1. Take it easy and have your salt shaker out and use it! It keeps your electrolytes balanced. Helps prevent dehydration and dizziness.
    2. Edson salt baths for magnesium and staying regular.
    3. Pickle juice 1/4 cup for leg cramps especially in the middle of the night.
    4. Bulletproof coffee to help get your fat Quota and a boost in energy.
    5. Make a shopping list and prep for meals in advance.
    6. Check your nutrition macros when you enter the food you are planning to eat.
    7. Limit net carbs to between 20–25 g

Anybody has anything to add please do it! Good luck!

I printed these out because I certainly was not aware of some of them. I can't wait to see how the first week goes. Thank you for sharing this information.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    I bought stevia drops and powder a couple of days ago. I didn't realize they had stevia chocolate drop. I've got to come up with at least one good dessert that I can be okay with. But I am also excited about not have any sugar for several weeks. I'm not a coffee drinker (once in a while use it to suppress appetite) but definitely want to try this bullet proof coffee that I keep hearing so much about. I have my organic vegan version ready to go.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    DDHFree- I'm getting closer, my nutrition numbers from today are really close. There are all types of bulletproof coffee from simple to adding the concentrated coconut oil. My husband just adds coconut oil for the added fat. Lots of food choices out there. I try to go very basic if it fits my macros... Good luck!
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Nice successes yall!

Jan progress:

Only up 5-10 #'s on all lifts except dWas lifts -20# increase! Still just have dumbells to work with. I think twice a week lifting is not getting me very far very fast.

Everything else can use some improvement as well.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I fear that I re-injured my shoulder yesterday. I think it was the push-ups. After my fitness test I decided that I would do Kettlebell swings every hour for 10 sets. Aside from my morning workout. I got to my 3rd one and I felt it go. Pain shot from arm to arm from under my left shoulder blade it actually felt like I broke my back I couldn't even lift the 30 lb Kettlebell and had to drop it. Needless to say I have been icing and today will be a rest day.

Mary
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I fear that I re-injured my shoulder yesterday. I think it was the push-ups. After my fitness test I decided that I would do Kettlebell swings every hour for 10 sets. Aside from my morning workout. I got to my 3rd one and I felt it go. Pain shot from arm to arm from under my left shoulder blade it actually felt like I broke my back I couldn't even lift the 30 lb Kettlebell and had to drop it. Needless to say I have been icing and today will be a rest day.

Mary

Yikes, that sounds awful. Rest up, hope it feels better soon!