20 Weeks of Strength Building - Team Finish_No_Matter_What

Options

Replies

• DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Thanks Klove! The great thing is that you've analyzed your progress and now you can tweak as needed. Look forward to seeing your next 4 week results.

Mary, reading your post I almost felt as if I could feel your pain. I love watching your progress because you are powerhouse which I find very motivating. I hope it gets better very fast but make sure you do not rush it. Not sure if this is uncommon or not, but after only 1 day of keto diet, I am showing a trace of ketones according to the stick. It's not blatantly obvious but it's also not blatantly negative like it was the day before. I only had a total of 16 net carbs on yesterday not counting my low carb veggies which might have been another 2 or 3.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I fear that I re-injured my shoulder yesterday. I think it was the push-ups. After my fitness test I decided that I would do Kettlebell swings every hour for 10 sets. Aside from my morning workout. I got to my 3rd one and I felt it go. Pain shot from arm to arm from under my left shoulder blade it actually felt like I broke my back I couldn't even lift the 30 lb Kettlebell and had to drop it. Needless to say I have been icing and today will be a rest day.

Mary

OMG Mary, this sounds awful! So sorry to hear that :s What do you think happened?
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week: 5 Workout: #2

Deadlifts 101 lb 4 × 6

Shoulder Press 40 lb 4 × 6

Bentover DB Rows 30 lbs 4 x 6

Go Team Finish_No_Matter_What
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Squats 3x5 @ 125
    Deadlift 2x5 @ 130 (1 set conventional, 1 sumo just for kicks)

Rib was sore, then when I got home I sneezed and....ohhhhh that is bad. Whplease side seized up. I might be taking a few days off, which is so frustrating right now!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Squats 3x5 @ 125
    Deadlift 2x5 @ 130 (1 set conventional, 1 sumo just for kicks)

Rib was sore, then when I got home I sneezed and....ohhhhh that is bad. Whplease side seized up. I might be taking a few days off, which is so frustrating right now!

Oh no Amy! I hope it's not too serious. Keep us posted.

Be careful team Finish_No_Matter_What.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    Thanks, DD. Unfortunately this is par for the course for me. I have a long history of random, odd, annoying, stupid injuries throughout the years. Probably the crowning glory is a three way tie between tearing a ligament in my foot by pivoting mid-step, pulling my hamstring by kicking too high in dance class, and breaking my heel landing a jump wrong (also in dance). Story of my life!
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    WEEK 5

DAY 2 - SHOULDERS

OHP
    Set 1: 45 lb x 15
    Set 2: 45 lb x 7
    Set 3: 45 lb x 10

Accessory lifts:

Face Pulls
    30 lb x 10
    30 lb x 10
    30 lb x 15

Seated Dumbbell Press
    30 lb x 10
    30 lb x 10
    30 lb x 13

Lateral Raise
    20 lb x 10 x 3

Supine Pulldown
    50 lb x 10 x 3

Concentrated Cable Row
    50 lb x 10 x 3

Cardio
    Elliptical - HIIT
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I hope I just irritated it and it won't take 12 weeks to settle down like last time. I did have warning pain a couple days before but ignored it. I will not do that again. I think the push-ups were irritating it but I wanted to do well on the final fitness Test. I did 30 plank style before I had to take a pause and did 41 total in a minute.

DDHFree- it is not surprising that you have ketones showing up. The human body should automatically burn both fat and glucose. What has stopped this process in most people is the over abundance of carbs in their diet and the fat burning never kicks in. You are doing fantastic!

Amy - we will be on the mend together!

Mary
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that Mary. I hope it's just sore and nothing serious.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Strings lifts today. Still maintaining current lift weights. Followed by P90x shoulders and arms, and an ripper x. Walked to finish my burn.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Week 5 workout 2 yesterday.

Squats: 15 bodyweight (another challenge), 45# 5x2, 75#5x5
    OHP: 50# 5x5 (focusing on form, and might need to get some microweights)
    DL: 115# 5x5, 5x5 I did it twice! Feeling strong :D
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 45, 5X5X 65
    OHP- 5X5X 45
    DL- 1X5X 95
    Because of re-injuring my shoulder I just did a very light workout to rehab my shoulder. I did not have any pain while doing this.

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats- 3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-15 X7X 10, 10 X7X 30
    I started out with the 10 pound weight and had no shoulder issue so I upped the weight to the 30 pound kettle bell for the last 10 sets. I will be slowly increasing weight.

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    Today I am looking through cookbooks for meal ideas. There are plenty of keto cookbooks and recipes online. I downloaded three cookbooks from the site that pwrfl1 and BeLLe suggested.
    ketodietapp.com

Mary
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Wow Mary, you ARE DEDICATED! You go girl! Glad you did not feel any pain during the workout. It's funny that your "light" OHP is higher than my heavy and only 1 pound lighter than my previous heavy. Strength "gaining" is indeed fun and rewarding.
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Mary and Amy .... Get better soon. Seems like u might be better already Mary :).

Today: strong lifts and yoga
    Ohp: 20/15
    Squats: 40
    DL: 70

Can't seem to progress in ohp at all. Not sure how to accomplish that. Same with squats.

• DDHFree
    Options
    Week: 5 Workout: #3

Squat 70 lb 4 × 6

Bench Press 58 lb 4 x 6

Lat Pulldown 60 lb 4 x 6

Can't believe I've already completed the last workout for the start of 2nd 4 weeks. You guys, these weeks are truly flying by. What will you look like at the end of week 20? I am constantly reminding myself of this fact when I want to eat more than required for a deficit.

Go Team Finish_No_Matter_What
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Sciatic pain is rearing its ugly head. Not sure what to do just yet, so not going to back off of my workouts, but will be adding my epsom salt baths and daily stretching back in. Really hoping it is not the workouts that is making this happen to me, but it sure does look that way :cry:
    Have been having some trouble getting to sleep as my leg throbs. Massage tomorrow morning.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    Sciatic pain is rearing its ugly head. Not sure what to do just yet, so not going to back off of my workouts, but will be adding my epsom salt baths and daily stretching back in. Really hoping it is not the workouts that is making this happen to me, but it sure does look that way :cry:
    Have been having some trouble getting to sleep as my leg throbs. Massage tomorrow morning.

Take It easy! I hope you feel better soon!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X7X 30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    This months challenge is to exercise daily and be under or at calorie goal.

Two more days to prepare for the challenge! Very excited to start! Making meal plans and shopping list for the first week. Picked up keto sticks to determine if I am in ketosis.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65, 5X5X 75
    BP-1X5X 45/55, 5X5X 65
    BR-5X5X 65
    My shoulder does not hurt anymore. However, I am slowly increasing my weights back up to where I was at the end of January.

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat 3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing 25X7X30
    I will be staying here for a while. I was going to increase the reps to 10 prior to the flare up of my shoulder the other day. Now I will be happy to wait until I work my way back up with my StrongLifts.

Pictures, measurements and weight taken today.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    Though half under protest, I am taking a couple more days off to let my rib heal. It is feeling better after not pushing through after Thursday, so hopefully Monday will be fine. On a brighter note, unless I measured totally wrong last week, I'm down over an inch in my love handles! Scale has been stuck so I'm tightening up my carbs and trying to drink more water.