February Chit Chat Board

Options
Hey gang!

Kicking off the Feb. chat thread for us to continue on.

I'm 30 this month. It's messing with my head! But not too much. Anyone else find that your 300+lb face does a good job at keeping you looking young? :D

I think it was Nigella Lawson who said something along the lines of fat being nature's very best filler! Oy vey.

Happy first of the month y'all. Get it!

Replies

• ShaDucky
    ShaDucky Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 the beginning of March and get how young I look all the time. Hopefully as we kick this weight off that youth will just get better lol! Happy birthday
  • MissBecca145
    MissBecca145 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Haha I got ID'd the other night and it was just the best. And last week I was hanging out with my brother and his friends (only briefly my god, because they are children - 20/21) and it was assumed by someone that I was their age. SUCCESS!

Look I've accepted that I'm never gonna be 'small'. Totally content being a 14/16. So hopefully some of that 'youthful plumpness' will stay in my face. Just not all of it! Fat face be gone!

Happy birthday to you :smiley: Happy birthday to us! hehe
  • crochetkeepsmehappy
    Options
    Happy Birthday @MissBecca145!!! My birthday was last month. I turned 33. 30 is a great age
  • MissBecca145
    Options
    Happy Birthday @MissBecca145!!! My birthday was last month. I turned 33. 30 is a great age
    We're still a few weeks away - but thank you :smiley:

For all my complaining, you couldn't pay me to be 21 again! Oh my gosh the draaaaaama of whether that boy likes me or not or if that girl was talking shite behind me back blah blah blah LOL.

Happy belated birthday to you m'dear x
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Yay February... It has got to be nicer to me then January was lol

• MissBecca145
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »

I'm sure it will be! <3
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »

I feel the same way!
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am also looking forward to a better February! Today is Groundhog Day, but there is six weeks of winter left either way
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

I'm 30 this month. It's messing with my head! But not too much. Anyone else find that your 300+lb face does a good job at keeping you looking young? :D

Most definitely! I have all kinds of wrinkles, lines and sags that weren't there 100 pounds ago!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Bad groundhog.... My toes have been cold for almost a month lol. I need to move someplace warmer as soon as my kids grow up and get there own lives lol.

• MissBecca145
    Options
    I like the sound of this Groundhog. We're settling in for another 38c/100f degree day here today! Punxsutwney Phil, come save me!!

I'm about to do my measurements for the month - a few days late, I know, but it was my TOM and I wanted to give it a few days to lose the bloat. Damn bloat.
  • MissBecca145
    Options
    18 inches offa this bod for January! :o:open_mouth::open_mouth:

Now just a billion more to go :neutral:
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Way to go Missbecca :smile: its amazing what those small changes add up to. Keep up the hard work!!!!
    Today at work i had to cuddle up with a space heater it was so cold lol. To be honest though i freeze in the summer too i wear sweaters almost all summer... So i think im temprature defective lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    This past summer the heat was unreal, we were under heat advisory for a lot of it with nearly no rain! I loved it!
  • crochetkeepsmehappy
    Options
    @MissBecca145 that's awesome!! Great work!

@HLaR79 my husband says the same about me. I'm always cold and he's always warm. All year long.

• Italian_Buju
    Options

In Sundays, I do food prep

24h9kpvbiuwj.jpg
    r3ptn7nipakj.jpg
    p7pv7dqgjt1l.jpg
    gey1qitivqch.jpg
    ynzhtbcovbgg.jpg
    ko7hfd97iu65.jpg
    3a7dnol4sdxi.jpg
    77grjpzf4h53.jpg
  • MissBecca145
    Options
    My god, you're a food prep hero!!
  • MissBecca145
    Options
    *sigh* So my Mum has ruptured her meniscus. And her knee is just..."F'd".
    Been a rough few days in hospital and taking her to appointments etc. Which was just extra hard because you know, normally Dad would do this stuff. But now just me (I have a 21 y/o brother, and I love him, but he's a bit useless!). Stressful. And some crap eating. Under cals every day, but not great choices.
    Just really tough because I work from home. And I moved back in here a few months ago when Dad got sick - and it helps her me being here since his death. But working from home in a house full of people is hard I find.
    And I was going to broach the idea of me moving back out in about a month... but now... knee surgery recovery awaits.
    I'm just stressed. And wondering how the hell I'm gonna get my work done this week.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My god, you're a food prep hero!!

Why thank you.....I kinda have to be because I am so busy during the week that if I was not, I would be screwed! however, now because of my pending empty nest (coming this September and I am thrilled about it), I just bought 50 of those single serve containers at a restaurant supply store, and am freezing them that way, instead of in big batches. It will actually made Sundays less work now, because instead of cooking a few different things, I should be able to make one big batch of one thing, to add to the rotation for variety. This weekend I am thinking cabbage rolls.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    *sigh* So my Mum has ruptured her meniscus. And her knee is just..."F'd".
    Been a rough few days in hospital and taking her to appointments etc. Which was just extra hard because you know, normally Dad would do this stuff. But now just me (I have a 21 y/o brother, and I love him, but he's a bit useless!). Stressful. And some crap eating. Under cals every day, but not great choices.
    Just really tough because I work from home. And I moved back in here a few months ago when Dad got sick - and it helps her me being here since his death. But working from home in a house full of people is hard I find.
    And I was going to broach the idea of me moving back out in about a month... but now... knee surgery recovery awaits.
    I'm just stressed. And wondering how the hell I'm gonna get my work done this week.

Sorry life has been so stressful lately!