Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Buzz There is an app called WORD TREK, It's like a crossword puzzle on a small scale and I really like it and it will keep the brain thinking. Just a suggestion.

Shirley
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,087 Member
    Options
    Good evening, before I forget, I have been looking for an online Dominos game for iPad. I don't know how to play so hopefully there would be some kind of tutor and/or expert function. I can't find anything that looks good in the App Store. I got the official Scrabble game and am loving that! Anyone have a favorite?

Okay, another gal and I each purchased some special diecut cards (undecorated) and I said I would bring one finished card to our get together tomorrow. Well, it took alot longer than anticipated and then I got started doing additional heat embossing because I had all the supplies out. And then some messing with some ribbon. I applied some Mod Podge to both sides of the ribbon and then embossed the strips. I made a couple into book marks and now I just started playing with distress ink. The idea is to use the finished ribbon as an element in making cards. We will see.

Meanwhile, here is my first three panel card.

7vh01laddgta.jpg
    mrowu7debjqe.jpg
    e2cysy6lvtj0.jpg

Once again I must say, we are an interesting group! Love everyone's activities.

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. I did spend more than an hour talking to my friend who has pancreatic cancer. They are leaving for Mayo Clinic in a few days. This is quite difficult as she acknowledged she wanted to talk now as she is not certain if she will have the strength soon to talk. Her biopsy revealed she has the worse type of pancreatic cancer and no surgery is possible. They hope Mayo will have some ideas for prolonging her life.

Sorry, gotta go.

Hugs.

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    Ribbon in process. I am liking these as they dry.

2fqepmum9usv.jpg
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    The show was excellent, with updated choreography and a marvelous dance group! However, I found sitting that long became very uncomfortable and remembered why I stopped buying season tickets to shows! I also seem to be needing more sleep. At dinner I was famished and allowed myself a corn muffin, which I will surely regret at weigh-in tomorrow!
    Thanks, SHIRLEY, for that Word Trek app I'll look for it. Eyes closing so goodnight, all...
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,039 Member
    Options
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,039 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! :) Happy Birthday to the birthday girls!! I have my meeting today so not a lot of time. I had a great time with the boys yesterday, they are just too darn cute!!

Buzz, I am glad you enjoyed the show but I hope you got some rest from sitting that long.

Lin, you really have to believe when we tell you how talented you are in making your cards. One is prettier than the next, awesome job!! I still think you should sell them on Itsy.

Shirley, I am glad you are finally getting that MRI, I sure hope you get answers for that pain.

Marcella, funny story about my home state, what city were you visiting?

Have a great day especially Jackie and Chris!
    1636417xyixmiib2s.gif

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Happy Birthday, JACKIE!
    f8rjjkp6d93q.jpg

"If you were an egg, you'd be sunny side up!"
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    Options
    2796751yepgcdnedb.gif

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    Chris - I cannot find what I would like to post for your birthday wish so it will be a quilt. <3<3

3456768avdijp3asn.gif

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    Options
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Really busy today, but never too busy to say "hi" to my Golden Sneaker Family! Have a great day...
    <3 Buzz
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Jackie and Chris!!! <3
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    3165847uwvgmy9zyr.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKIE & CHRIS

Shirley
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    jleohci3vhxo.jpg

To all my Sneakers friends. I'm having a lovely birthday..... long coffee morning with friends and later tea and cake covered in candles!! Weather too awful to venture far so battening down the hatches and curling up with George and puss cats!

Jackie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Chris........
    937397girk14irgu.jpg

Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Chris and Jackie. Hope you noth have the. Greatest Birthdays.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Jackie.
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Aren't birthdays great? Jackie! Hope you had a lovely day with friends, fun, food and cake! And Chris...happy birthday to you. I feel sure you will be quilting up a storm or at least a quilt to keep warm in a storm.

Cold! Wet! And windy! I had an amusing UFO occurrence. Since it gets dark so quickly here on the north Oregon coast, I normally close the drapes to keep out the cold and the dark. Yesterday I was busy and left the drapes open while I continued my tasks. I glanced out the window into the darkness and was startled to see a blinking light that moved around rapidly. I thought at first it was an airplane or helicopter. But this light moved very rapidly across the sky and back again. I was just about to call the coast guard when I turned around and there was Katie tugging on a nightlight cord that reflected in the darkened window. Heck! I was sure it was ET trying to make contact. It was a very unusual optical illusion.
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    Options
    Oh Katie!!! :D:D:D

Loved that story Patsy.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Many years ago, maybe the early 1970s, I was walking my 2 poodles in their twin harnesses when we all noticed a disk-like shape zooming sort of overhead. I recall thinking "UFO?"...how ridiculous! Except that the coat on both poodles stood straight up and they started shaking and whimpering while trying to crouch out of sight!!! The disk whirred extremely fast out of sight...simply disappeared, and the dogs took several minutes before returning to normal. I recall reading about several inquiries to various centers in the paper the next day, but there were the usual scoffing denials. I never heard further but have always wondered what we saw that day over the flat fields of Long Island!
    so , PATSY, you brought back an unsolved memory today!
    <3 Buzz