20 Weeks of Strength Building - Team Finish_No_Matter_What

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    amy- great idea! Take it easy. Congratulations on the inch loss on the love handles!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    yoga x Thursday and walking
    Only had time to walk yesterday so I did my last strong lift for the week today and p90x legs and back along with a 5 mile walk. I'm beat!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing 50X 7X30

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    Day 1 hopefully everybody has been prepping for the transition. I have successfully transitioned into Ketosis. Keto sticks can be bought at your local drugstore or pharmacy.
  • cherrybomb333
    cherrybomb333 Posts: 332 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    WEEK 5

DAY 3 - LEGS

Squats
    Set 1: 95 lb x 7
    Set 2: 95 lb x 7
    Set 3: 95 lb x 6

Accessory lifts:

Glute Press
    60 lb x 15 x 2
    60 lb x 10 x 1

Leg Press
    180 lb x 12 x 3

Lying Leg Curl
    50 lb x 10 x 3

Angled Seated Calf Raise
    30 lb x 20 x 2
    30 lb x 15 x 1

WEEK 4

DAY 4 - BACK

Deadlift
    Set 1: 95 lb x 6
    Set 2: 95 lb x 6
    Set 3: 110 lb x 5
    Set 4: 115 lb x 5

Accessory lifts:

Assisted Pull-ups
    5 x 3

Wide-grip Row
    70 lb x 10 x 3

Close-grip Pulldown
    70 lb x 10 x 3

Cardio:

Elliptical - 1.25mi
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Strong lifts
    Squats 40, 5x8
    Bench: 20/25
    Row: 30
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Stronglift Rest Day
    Day 1 hopefully everybody has been prepping for the transition. I have successfully transitioned into Ketosis. Keto sticks can be bought at your local drugstore or pharmacy.
    I was officially in ketosis (a trace) last Wednesday after 1 day of low carbs. I've continued for a total of 5 days and am solidly in ketosis with only 1 darker color remaining. Not intentionally aiming for that as it just happened and deepens each day. Should I add more carbs if it does hit the last color on the keto bottle? I lost 2 lbs in those 5 days. I am liking this so far.

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squat-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 80
    OHP- 1 X5X 45, 5X5X 50
    DL- 1 X5X 95/100

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X7X 30

Day 2! I hope everyone is doing well! The sharing of recipes is fantastic! Thanks for everybody's help! I am in ketosis and the fat is burning off of me!
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    DDHFree- congratulations for being in ketosis! The color of the strip could be influenced by the time of day you are testing. Best to test in the morning before breakfast. If you test after a meal the color would be darker. Here is a link that will answer any questions. But, no you don't have to eat more carbs.

http://www.netrition.com/lowcarb_newbies_ketosis.html

Mary
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week: 6 Workout: #1

Deadlifts 103 lb 4 × 6

Shoulder Press 40 lb 4 × 6

Bentover DB Rows 30 lbs 4 x 6

Go Team Finish_No_Matter_What
  • DDHFree
    Options
    DDHFree- congratulations for being in ketosis! The color of the strip could be influenced by the time of day you are testing. Best to test in the morning before breakfast. If you test after a meal the color would be darker. Here is a link that will answer any questions. But, no you don't have to eat more carbs.

http://www.netrition.com/lowcarb_newbies_ketosis.html

Mary

Thanks Mary! I will take a look at the article but all my testing has been in the morning immediately upon rising.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Back in action! Still going a bit easy til the rib is fully healed, but it feels much much better! Squats actually felt great as well, I think the forced break was actually very helpful.

Squats: 5x5 @ 125ish (heavier bar, total weight somewhere between 52 and 55 lb)
    Benchpress: 2x5 @ empty bar, 3x5 @ 55. Bit of soreness in that rib muscle but not horrendous.
    Wretched rows: Skipped. Benchpress was pushing it for the ribs so I stopped at that.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Glad to hear it Amy. Hang in there as you doing great in spite of challenges that arise. You got this! You are going to be so proud of yourself when Week 20 get here.
  • rachel5576
    Options
    Strong lifts done p90x shoulders and arms, followed by a 4 mile run. Its been hard trying to do both strong lifts and p90x. I was so sore last week I needed an extra rest day which means less calories burned. Feeling better today and accidentally burned more than my goal. yay!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Morning Workout
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Evening Workout with Husband he decided he has more time in the evening!
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing 25X7X 30

This type of eating really melts the fat off of my body! Since Sunday I have lost 2.6 pounds! Without any effort except the menu planning! My diary is open for those that want to get ideas.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I did my SL workout on Friday, had a massage on Saturday that really left me sore so I have been taking it easy ever since--SL 3x last week was clearly too much for me while my leg is healing.

Did a 35 minute walk on the treadmill yesterday and might do SL today but not increase the weight I am lifting. Might do the treadmill again instead, not sure yet. I have a sore throat and not sleeping well-stupid weather!

Checking in:
    Plan: SL5x5
    Start Date: 1/1/2017 {204#}
    End Date: 05/21/2017 {179#}
    Goals:
    1. lose 25# of fat {197#: down 7#}
    2. stick to a low carb diet {check!}
    3. Follow hunger cues, and only eat when hungry {doing better, but room for improvement}
    4. Improve mobility and be rid of the pain in my leg {huge improvement!}
    5. Strengthen my back and hips (injury prevention) {check!}
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kirstie- take care of yourself! Sounds like you are healing nicely. I hope your sore throat goes away!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Kirstie- take care of yourself! Sounds like you are healing nicely. I hope your sore throat goes away!

ditto
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week: 6 Workout: #2

Squat 70 lb 4 × 6 (I hate squats!)

Bench Press 58 lb 4 x 6

Lat Pulldown 60 lb 4 x 6

Go Team Finish_No_Matter_What
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 85
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 75

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30

Day 4-the keto sticks shows I am definitely in ketosis. I lost another .2 pounds today. Bringing the total since Sunday to –2.8 pounds. Thanks for all the sharing of recipes! And all the information from the people that have been on this type of eating plan for a while.
  • rachel5576
    Options
    Hey all!
    I hope those of you with injuries are doing better. Im still losing weight but it has slowed down quite a bit. Realized I had to adjust my calories to the weight I lost already so hopefully that will speed things up a bit. Just mentioning that in case some of you might have the same issue.

Yesterday I walked 6 miles on the treadmill. (yuck but it was pure ice out)
    TodaySL 5x5
    I kept all my weights the same though i was able to move up to 80lbs on the bench for one set. P90x still to come.

I took the last set of before pictures yesterday. It was very discouraging even though I can see a difference its obvious I still have a long way to go. That's fine. I wont quit trying but I don't need to be reminded in a picture. I am losing weight and my clothes are getting looser that's all I need to keep going.

Lets remember that every little bit counts. It wont happen overnight but it will happen if we don't give up!