Wanting to Lose 10 - Are you like me? Add me!

Options

Replies

• vnukinga
    vnukinga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    I would like to lose 8 lbs, if I could lose 10 that would be fantastic.
    I keep falling off the wagon but hopefully this time I will be able to stick to my goal.
    I got a treadmill recently and am running again every other day. (I do Yoga every morning).
    Sticking to the right amount of calories is a true problem for me. I'm always hungry!!!
    Anyway, please add me, and here are my stats:
    5'2"
    121.8 lbs
    40 years old.
    My goal is to lose 0,5 lb a week so I could be 114 by the end of May.
    My goal for February is to lose 2 lbs - and end this month at 119-120 lbs
    Best luck to all!
    :)
  • eak25
    eak25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the MFP community/group page and am looking to lose 10-15 pounds, too! Started a new job not too long ago and want to get a handle on the weight gain before it gets out of hand! Add me too, please!
  • CatLou76
    CatLou76 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would also like to lose 8-10 pounds. Or more accurately, I would just like my belly to not hang over my pants.That's a new development and I don't like it. I do small group training 3-4 times a week. I used to do a lot of walking and yoga and really need to get back in that groove again.
    5'0"
    123 lbs.
    40 years old
  • charmurr
    charmurr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been creeping upwards and will be losing 5lbs. Found myself noshing more since turning 50yrs. No longer comfortable in my clothes. It's as if I've developed this "padding" around my middle. Slow and steady I agree..... What are some plans on achieving your goal? I've started doing more yoga in the evening. I've also taken out the food scale again to re educate myself. Since coming back to MFP I've shocked myself!!
  • charmurr
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 39 years old and currently 143 with a goal weight of 135 or possibly 130 and my heaviest was 170. I lost 16 pounds from September to December and I'm finding January to be a tough month for weight loss. I'm not sure if I should just maintain for now and then try to loose the weight in the spring? I feel like I'm loosing motivation and need some more support. I go to the gym 5 times a week and do one dance class per week. I was thinking of adding some more cardio on the weekends and possible more yoga. I want to loose the weight, so please add me!

Sleep and diet are the two most important things for weight loss/management. Exercise comes in third. Therefore, putting more exercise into the week without examining your sleep/diet might not be the best route to go. Don't stress over this. Sounds like you've been here before..... You say you've done this before. Breath deeply and be that gal again.
  • charmurr
    Options
    Please someone answer this question. Why do we ask to be added to this support? Who are we asking? Why are we asking? Is there some process I don't know about?
  • charmurr
    Options
    zudora1978 wrote: »
    feel free to add me too, i have 10-15 more lbs to go to reach my goal weight of 140 lbs. my diary is open and set to 1250 cal, but i don't weigh every single thing so probably eat a bit higher. having it set low helps me keep everything in check tho.

I agree to set low. At least a little higher and it grabs my attention. So I guess I'm within the range. Well maybe not.... Not feeling it lately anyway.
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    charmurr wrote: »
    I've been creeping upwards and will be losing 5lbs. Found myself noshing more since turning 50yrs. No longer comfortable in my clothes. It's as if I've developed this "padding" around my middle. Slow and steady I agree..... What are some plans on achieving your goal? I've started doing more yoga in the evening. I've also taken out the food scale again to re educate myself. Since coming back to MFP I've shocked myself!!

Same here. 54 and finding it hard to maintain. I lose and get to my goal weight then let myself slip until I've put it right back on. Usually no more than 8 lbs but it all goes to my belly. Oh if it would only go to my boobs!
  • Agefyter
    Options
    Please someone answer this question. Why do we ask to be added to this support? Who are we asking? Why are we asking? Is there some process I don't know about?

I think they are asking to be added as a friend so they can communicate without being in a group. Then if they want they can allow you to see their food diary etc if they choose.
  • charmurr
    Options
    Agefyter wrote: »

Same here. 54 and finding it hard to maintain. I lose and get to my goal weight then let myself slip until I've put it right back on. Usually no more than 8 lbs but it all goes to my belly. Oh if it would only go to my boobs!

Speaking of boobs, if only a little more on the left I'd be happy........
    I'm 51 and have the cycle of gain a little, lose a little. Amazing how easy it is to pick up those lbs (overnight even) and how long (weeks) to shed it.
    All this being said, please add me.
    Thanks for responding.....
  • charmurr
    Options
    vnukinga wrote: »
    Good morning,
    I would like to lose 8 lbs, if I could lose 10 that would be fantastic.
    I keep falling off the wagon but hopefully this time I will be able to stick to my goal.
    I got a treadmill recently and am running again every other day. (I do Yoga every morning).
    Sticking to the right amount of calories is a true problem for me. I'm always hungry!!!
    Anyway, please add me, and here are my stats:
    5'2"
    121.8 lbs
    40 years old.
    My goal is to lose 0,5 lb a week so I could be 114 by the end of May.
    My goal for February is to lose 2 lbs - and end this month at 119-120 lbs
    Best luck to all!
    :)

You have very realistic goals. I applaud you for that. Over the long haul, sounds like you'll be fine. I'd love to hear how you are doing with this. I did well in my 40's. Now in my 50's. Now I'm having to rein in on food intake which sucks bcs I love food.
  • charmurr
    Options
    mybicknell wrote: »
    I have been on this site for awhile but have really only used the diary portion to try and watch my calories. I would love to add you all for motivation and ideas but I'm ashamed to say I don't know how... do I just click on each individual and choose add friend???

I finally asked why it was we are asking to be added. Added to what? Anyway, I too have only logged in caloric intake (depressing) and decided to see what everyone else is up too. So now when posts ask to be "added", they mean to add as friends so you're not lost among all the other posts. Now where to add "friends" or how, I'm not sure. However, if you make that discovery, add me bcs I am floundering out here on my own. Then you can tell me how you did it!
  • charmurr
    Options
    NormaV14 wrote: »
    Please add me. I am 60 and at 145, want to get to 135. I work out regularly and have been trying to be consistent about logging. But food is where I can use the support. I am good but not good enough :wink:

Not good enough Here, here. As I've gotten older, my food consumption too needs to adjust (less of it). Finding it difficult most days. It calls to me....
    Perhaps if we share what's going on in our lives, the edges will soften, the inner room mate will silence, we can then relax and not fear the kitchen.
  • charmurr
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm 5'1 and 128 right now. Looking to lose 10 - 15 and see how I feel when I get there. Slowly starting to eat more. It's become evident over time that eating a low calorie diet and doing a lot of exercise is not working for me. Time to change my mindset.

Oh yea. The mindset. It changed on me about a year ago. Exercise more, eat less.... didn't work for me either. I know taking away (whatever form, food, time to work out, etc.) scares my inner room mate and she forces me into the kitchen or away from working out. Once I become mindful again, she's on the couch napping and I'm left with the consequences. I could bash her over the head yet this makes for an even more in grained cycle. I know what not to do..... So do tell, what is your plan?
  • Agefyter
    Options
    I can do fairly well during the week and then Friday! Date Night! Oh, then Sunday! Brunch with bottomless mimosas! Oh no! A weekend in Napa or Calistoga! Those are the things I need to learn I can do but I can still eat and drink in a mindful fashion. (need to learn, need to learn, need to learn....)
  • charmurr
    Options
    Agefyter wrote: »
    I can do fairly well during the week and then Friday! Date Night! Oh, then Sunday! Brunch with bottomless mimosas! Oh no! A weekend in Napa or Calistoga! Those are the things I need to learn I can do but I can still eat and drink in a mindful fashion. (need to learn, need to learn, need to learn....)

Let's not forget the husband who arrives with Dunkin Donuts bringing all your favorite kinds. Mean while..... I'm cooking up chicken parm and downing a bottle of wine. All the while the "good" in me saying "don't do it" and the darker side "enjoy yourself". When I was dating staying thin was easy and of course it would! Impress. Now? Boundaries have been dissolved. "You look fine." "I love you no matter what." No! No! No!
    Anyway, I'm not even going to continue to log in tonight. What's the point......
    There's always tomorrow.
  • darlingmellie
    darlingmellie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, can't lose a stubborn 15 rather than 10 though. Am 5'5", 153 lbs and want to get down to 138 at least. So hard with a skinny BF who can eat junk all day long! Tons of snacks in the house. Add me if you are in a similar boat, I need easy recipes/tricks/motivation.
  • charmurr
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, can't lose a stubborn 15 rather than 10 though. Am 5'5", 153 lbs and want to get down to 138 at least. So hard with a skinny BF who can eat junk all day long! Tons of snacks in the house. Add me if you are in a similar boat, I need easy recipes/tricks/motivation.

Gotcha! Same here. Hubby eats craps and remains the same. The mere smell puts weight on me. I'm all for motivation and accountability. For starters, if you are talking to me, click the blue "quote" below my post and you'll come up below me. Concerning how to "add", I'm not sure. Some where you can "add friends". Then we can see each others "menu for the day". I've been moving towards a raw life style/whole food approach. It's been slow but for example for smoothies I'll add black beans/banana. For my clam chowder the base here is white beans instead of heavy cream. Even my coffee creamer is made of cashews. Some might find this odd but there is a whole new world of eating and it's been an adventure.
  • ANSL_Mom
    ANSL_Mom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Same starting weight and same goal weight! Feel free to add me. I can use all the motivation.
  • charmurr
    edited February 2017
    Options
    In the last month I put on 3lbs. Every morning, there it is. Why? I've been raiding my kitchen for no reason. It's not much but clothes are snug. Anyone ever just go off deep end and panic!! Time to take back control.