Charge 2 won't sync

Options

Replies

• krgolf75
    krgolf75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have this problem as well, I have tried everything...going into the apps(FitBit&MFP) on both websites, disconnecting them, reconnecting them, denying them, deleting the apps, reinstalling the apps, tried the link 5 posts up and still nothing. For some reason, my FitBit info will not flow to MFP, but MFP info will flow to FitBit. It works just great for my wife, but for me...nothing.
    I do have one question, on the webpage for MFP, when you go under the apps and steps, should you see something? I see a plus button, when I hit it, it says FitBit is already selected. Below is from that article...
    " Step Sync
    Please make sure Fitbit has also been elected as the main Steps source (you can only use one Step tracker in the program at a time). To do this, in the apps, go to the Menu (or "More" screen), then Settings, then Steps, and make sure Fitbit only has a check next to it. Or online go to the Apps tab, then the sub tab Steps, or https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers"
    On my app, I dont have a steps tab under my settings...does anyone else?

• MountainWanderer
    Options
    I'm having the same problem: I don't have the option to use my fitbit as the steps source, despite having fitbit app connected. Has anyone found a solution to this, before I try contacting help?
  • saminabilal
    saminabilal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem today on my charge hr
  • saminabilal
    Options
    Anyone get any help? Mine still isn't working.. I've already tried getting help from Fitbit thru said to contact mfp
  • misspookielou1979
    Options
    I'm having the same issues with my alta. I didn't realize my steps weren't syncing until I had a 14,303 step day yesterday and then looked to see how many calories that was. There was nothing!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I see several comments in topic where people are deciding something isn't working because their "workouts haven't synced to MFP" and/or the amount of calories is wrong in the adjustment compared to what Fitbit said the burn was.

Read the FAQ question 4 in the stickies.

Your workouts do NOT sync over to MFP, and rarely if ever will the calorie amounts be equal between adjustment workout.

Seeing the stats of Fitbit steps, and that being correct within say an hour's window - that is a correct means of deciding if it's syncing.
    The calorie adjustment has more Info available on it - like the time and amount of calories of the last sync - that's useful info.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Broken again this morning. Weeee.
  • jenring3
    jenring3 Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Calories burned from workouts don't sync? I feel like in the beginning it did but now nothing is syncing.
  • heybales
    Options
    jenring3 wrote: »
    Calories burned from workouts don't sync? I feel like in the beginning it did but now nothing is syncing.

No, they don't specifically.

Calories burned up to that point in the day sync. Steps and daily burn.

The day's calories up to that point could be no exercise and merely increased activity, or exercise included.
    Doesn't matter, not specified.

MFP merely does math from what was expected based on your selection of activity level, from the total Fitbit reports.
    That's the calorie adjustment.

They only sync over when 100 higher than last sync. That could be over an hour if sitting or sleeping, that could be 15 min if doing a workout and you have your phone to sync with.

If you don't see steps that look correct within the hour and no calories or very small amount (click on the "I" of the Fitbit adjustment) at long past time - then you are having syncing issues.

If any is coming across - the sync isn't broken, merely delayed - just wait.
    If nothing at all - follow steps for broken fix.
  • saminabilal
    Options
    So I've tried everything my steps still aren't syncing? What do I do mfp?? Fitbit says it's mfp
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I have a surge, MFP is synching with fit bit, but fitbit isnt synching with mfp.

Like I am not getting any exercise adjustment from the fitbit, this has been going on for days now. tried disconnecting etc
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've tried everything suggested, multiple times. I don't know what else to do. How do I contact MFP support to get some help with this?
  • heybales
    Options
    It is MFP.

And MFP doesn't read this forums to engage in troubleshooting efforts - not nearly enough money to do that.

Gotta log a trouble ticket.
  • AutumnDraidean
    AutumnDraidean Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Heybales, My steps are what are not syncing. When they did, MFP would assign a calorie burn that generally matched what it would have assigned for the activity had I logged it as a workout. For instance, I would spend 60 minutes cross country skiing and the resulting activity as steps would go to MFP as say 500 calories. If I told MFP that I had been XC Skiing for 60 minutes and it would say I had perhaps burned around 500 calories, it might say 450 or 550 but it was close enough for me to accept as my probable burn so I obviously wouldn't double the entry.

I was happily going along, adding my food consumption and making a point to NOT eat all my calories and I've lost about half the weight and I was really excited.

This all worked beautifully for about six weeks and then it didn't.

So I went over to Fitbit and I started a thread that has gotten me nowhere. Today I tried the steps as described here; it's message 55 of 91. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/FitBit-not-linking-with-myfitnesspal/m-p/1476038#M12565

I tried the steps BUT when I go back into my fitnesspal it's already reconnected to Fitbit. Is that normal behavior??? I also synced and still no steps come over from fitbit to MFP. Now I will wait until morning and see what happens tomorrow.

Here's my thread over there. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/My-fitbit-stopped-sending-steps-to-MyFitnessPal/m-p/1822889/highlight/false#M15878

I'm so upset and frustrated. It was really validating to see my steps and activities turned into calories that I had burned and I want it to be fixed...
  • heybales
    Options
    When you disconnect through the web accounts on each side, you need to exit, really exit, the apps first.
    Phone off is best method.
    Once MFP is disconnected and Fitbit is revoked, you should log out of both web accounts too, just to confirm.

If still only a 1 way issue to MFP, if time zones are confirmed in account, then trouble ticket to examine if MFP account is corrupted.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Mine fixed itself. Working again.
  • saminabilal
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    When you disconnect through the web accounts on each side, you need to exit, really exit, the apps first.
    Phone off is best method.
    Once MFP is disconnected and Fitbit is revoked, you should log out of both web accounts too, just to confirm.

If still only a 1 way issue to MFP, if time zones are confirmed in account, then trouble ticket to examine if MFP account is corrupted.
    This worked for me. Thank you!!
  • clcoble
    clcoble Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine's not working today but has worked just fine the past. I've tried all of "heybales" steps. Anyone else experiencing this today? I have a Charge HR (first version).
  • 513llong
    513llong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The past 2 days I have had these issues. It is extremely frustrating. Tried all of the steps.
  • acole5690
    acole5690 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tried the steps several times, and it looks t have synced and the nothing back to square one. I tried to manually put m workouts in but the adjustments only deducts with a negative