TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a great day all around! Finished the stair challenge, ate well, got in a good ab workout and went for a walk. Saved the best part for last...played a bit of guitar with one of the old bandmates!
    I can still meet the 5 days of logging if I stay under today, and remember to post before the cut off time.
    @BJerzy - we will miss you! Hope to still hear from you on the thread!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    @BJerzy Hope everything settles down and you can join us back soon, will miss you!

@enuf200 Great day indeed! Must have been fun.

I am still a 100 steps away from completing the stairs challenge. I'm planning to do it this evening as right now I am having a lazy Sunday.
  • PompPanda
    PompPanda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    @BJerzy I second what everyone else has said--hope things keep going well for you and you'll have time to get back into the challenge when things settle down!

Just wanted to jump in and say hi team. I just finished up a delicious breakfast (which was well deserved, because we went climbing this morning), and now I'm about to do a little hiking.

The only thing new with me is a I actually bought a scale! Go me, haha. It's the first electronic scale I've owned, and it seems so fancy to me. It is supposed to know your body fat %, muscle mass, bone density, etc. I know that anything less than a bodpod isn't very accurate for body fat %, but I'm still hoping it will allow me to see trends. Now that I've started lifting weights, I'm eating more, which means I weigh more than when this challenge started...which makes me very uncomfortable. But if I can see that even a little of that is muscle, that'll help put my mind at ease a bit.
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Everyone.

I started to feel better over the weekend and was able to workout. So I should be able to get more minutes in this week to help support the team and maybe we will not come in last.

Here's to a new week.
  • enuf2
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better, @summ72!
    @PompPanda - let us know how you like the scale.

I completed the 5/5 days of logging and under calorie! Woo hoo!
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm sorry I didn't get many minutes in this week. I really hate to let you guys down. It has been a very rough week. Plan to do a lot better this coming week.

I did manage to complete the step challenge at least.

Hope everyone has been doing well! :smile:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! This week has been a bit tough to get in a lot of minutes b/c I had to teach some test prep classes a couple of nights, but I did get some walks in and made it to the gym a couple of days as well. I finished the logging and step challenges, but alas, I couldn't do the video. We had some plumbing issues that my husband had to repair, so all of his tools and stuff were spread out in the only space in our house where there is enough room for me to exercise. He got it all cleaned up this morning, but I had grading to do and then we had to go to dinner with family visiting from out of town.

@BJerzy --totally understand about bowing out, but hope you'll still chime in here from time to time. :smile:
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    jesn1zdj1rkz.jpg
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    WEEK FOUR DESTINATION IS UP AND RUNNING!
    WE ARE OFF TO THE LAND OF SMILES!

:):):)
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Oooh ready for this weeks challenge. Looks like will take more time than usual =going to hopefully start in early on them all. Thinking about the eating challenge. Not sure yet what that one will be but must get cracking as this may require shopping /prepping stuff I don't have
  • enuf2
    Options
    I'm ready, as well - I <3 kickboxing, jessica smith and dancing! Yesterday I went to a different grocery store, (killing time while my kidlet was at practice) and picked up "Casbah Ready to Eat Rainbow Quinoa". It's a new item, or at least I've never seen it before. I have tried quinoa in the past (at a potluck & not a fan) but decided to pick it up anyway and see what I can do with it. Turns out to be perfect for this challenge! I know I have to add something to it...any quinoa fans out there with a simple, super YUMMY recipe?? Its says to eat it "hot or cold" on the pkg.
  • Run4theluvofit
    Run4theluvofit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I've been very absent from posting in the team thread for the last 2 weeks. I was without my laptop and I find it long and painful to type on my cell phone ;) I did however stay current on reading all your posts, logging my minutes and finishing all the challenges. My apologies for my silence and I promise I won't leave my laptop at my sister's house next time :D
  • samra338
    Options
    This week's challenges look interesting. I am having a much required rest day, will start the challenges early tmrw. I need to have a think about the food challenge.
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    4snsrq0no9p4.png
    Woohoo, Thailand, here we come!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    enuf200 wrote: »
    I'm ready, as well - I <3 kickboxing, jessica smith and dancing! Yesterday I went to a different grocery store, (killing time while my kidlet was at practice) and picked up "Casbah Ready to Eat Rainbow Quinoa". It's a new item, or at least I've never seen it before. I have tried quinoa in the past (at a potluck & not a fan) but decided to pick it up anyway and see what I can do with it. Turns out to be perfect for this challenge! I know I have to add something to it...any quinoa fans out there with a simple, super YUMMY recipe?? Its says to eat it "hot or cold" on the pkg.

One of my favorite quinoa dishes (makes 4 servings):
    1 cup of quinoa--cook as directed
    1 can of garbanzo beans drained (I like to rinse mine to reduce sodium)
    steamed asparagus cut into pieces (as much as you like)

Mix together--if you don't like the texture of the quinoa, you can add a bit of extra virgin olive oil. When I first started eating it, I would do this, but now I like it fine without the oil.

Add about an ounce of crumbled soft goat cheese to each serving.

You can eat this warm or chilled--it's delicious either way.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hey guys!

I'm excited about this week's challenges--especially the foot one! A week or so ago, I found a pair of black loafers I'd bought last spring. I know I wore them after buying, but I couldn't figure out why I hadn't worn them recently. Well today I found out. They are hideously painful. Not too tight or too big, but they make my feet feel like they are breaking in half. Part of the problem is that my orthotics don't fit in them well (they sort of slide around), but it's not just that b/c even when I was sitting today, they hurt my feet. I swear they are torture devices--very disappointing b/c they are cute and look very practical and comfortable, and they are Lifestride brand which are supposed to be good for your feet. :(

Also, my husband got all of the plumbing tools put away, so I shouldn't have trouble finding space to do the kick-boxing videos, and I really enjoy that exercise--I used to take classes years ago.

The only challenge I'm struggling with is thinking of something for the food challenge. I don't really have any foods I've been afraid to try. I think I tried steel cut oats once and wasn't a fan, so maybe I'll give those a go again...

Can't wait to see other people's choices--perhaps that will give me some ideas.

Off to do some (much needed!) foot massaging.
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, sorry I've been fairly nonexistent...work got real crazy for a few days. Anyhow, I'm back in the full swing again.

This should be a really fun week. While I've never been to Chiangrai, I have been to just about every other part of Thailand. If you get the chance, you should definitely go!

Morning:
    20min Active & Passive Rotator Cuff Stretch
    30 min Calisthenics
    -1x 25 sit-ups
    -2x 1:00/side Side plank
    -1x 25 Russian Twist 10lb DB
    -1x 25 Bicycle Crunch
    -1x 25 Crunch
    -2x 2:00 Elbow Plank
    -1x 25 4ct Mountain Climbers
    -1x 25 4ct Jumping Jacks
    -1x 25 Supermans
    -1x 25/side Side Crunches
    -1x 25 Burpees
    -2x 25 Push-ups
    -3x 13 Chin-ups
    During the day:
    35min Walk @19:00pace
    74min Walk @22:15pace
    After Work:
    10 min Yoga (Sun Salutations)
    Evening:
    Gym (Chest/Tri):
    20 min Rotator Cuff Passive & Active Stretch
    83min weights training
    10s/10r DB Flat Press w/25 lying leg lifts
    10s/10r DB Incline Press w/25 hanging knee raises
    5s/10r Pec Deck w/25 4ct flutter kicks
    5s/10r Straight bar Pressdown w/2 Ladder Drills
    5s/15r Overhead Rope Extension w/Skipping & High Knees
    10min stretch and cool down
  • enuf2
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound - thanks for the recipe. I will give it a go!

I did the first video of the foot massage last night. I found it to be quite interesting. I think it might be nice to book a real reflexology appt one of these days. That's what I love about this Race - trying different things.
  • samra338
    Options
    I got in a walk today and did the Jessica Smith workout! Wow! It was hard bcos she was practically zipping through the moves, my form suffered when I tried to keep up with her. I will see if I can try the other options too later this week if I have time.