Weekend Bling Report

Options

Replies

• Wendy98
    Wendy98 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @Wendy98- Wow...first in AG at a race the size of Disney is pretty spectacular. Especially with photo ops! And I love your headband!

Thanks! I enjoyed the experience. I am trying to decide if I am finished with the WDW Marathon or if I have more to do. I think I want to go back and compete hard. I hate to say it, but I got passed by two women in the last .25 mile. At the time I didn't care, but now it is bugging me to no end!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Pineway Ponds 5 mile, a.k.a. Freezeroo #3, was today. Ran it in 33:41.577, for 19th of 153 overall and 1st of 11 in the M 60-64 age group. Would have been 18th, except the 1st Under 19 M was able to blow past me like I was standing still in the last 200 m. This is not a PR, but is a respectable 5 mile race result for me. We had good weather for January, but 23º F (-5º C) is cold enough to merit the Freezeroo name.

No bling for the low budget race, but this makes 3 age group wins in the first 3 races of the Freezeroo series. Series results are based on best 4 races of the 6-race series, with a complex point system. I'm in good shape to win the age group for the series, which might not get me anything but bragging rights.

That is what it is about, right? Unless you're making l a living out of it.

Very well done, Sir!!!
  • jenring3
    jenring3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Rock n' Roll AZ full marathon happened for me on Sunday! It was overall a good race. Beat my previous time in this race, not by much and had some rough spots that I wish I could get a do-over for knowing my time could have been better, but really I finished feeling strong physically and mentally. And it didn't make me want to quit running like my first marathon did :) So, success in my book!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Chevron Houston Marathon on Sunday. My first marathon. Hot conditions for January....mid to high 60's with 100% humidity, plus rain and gusting winds. Finished in 5:32. Haven't seen full stats to know my standing and all. I under-trained for this and with the humid conditions, I was just happy to finish my first one.

Also ran the ABB 5K the day before in 31:38, which was just a warm-up. Double medal award for that.xcr0h9458ysi.jpg
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Freezeroo #4, the Hearnish 5 mile, was today. 30º F (-1º C) with 10 mph W wind and a light snow shower, but good running surface. This race is traditionally an inexact distance. My watch reported 4.88 miles, and other runners got a similar distance. With the imprecise distance, I was amused to see official times to the thousandth of a second; my official time was 32:49.797. That was good for 16th of 134 overall, and 1st of 10 in the M 60-64 age group. Low budget, so no bling; but when the series to date results came out, it appears I've clinched the age group for the series. Still don't know if the series age group win is good for anything but bragging rights, but I'm going to enjoy those bragging rights.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Ran my first official 10K this weekend. Chip time was 44:56, which earned me 2nd in my age group, 10th female, 32 of 537 overall and a PR. Sadly, there was no bling, only bragging rights. There was also some concern about the course measuring short according to Garmin. In all likelihood, the course was accurate and the Garmin discrepancy is due to the majority of the first mile being through a tunnel, but it's still always a little bothersome when your Garmin data doesn't support your race PR :(
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Awesome job this weekend @MobyCarp. That race sounds like a beast.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Well, apparently Internet Exploder didn't post my race report from Venice back in October. The Reader's Digest version was that it was a great, flat course, great support and extremely well run. I picked up an honorary Running Club Venezia shirt and wore it for the race.

PR's the race, too. I could have run much faster (maybe a BQ time) but I was "on holiday" and had an easy run...one of the easiest marathons I've ever run at 4:16:17.

This past weekend, I ran the Krispy Kreme Challenge. It was 2.5 miles to the doughnut pick up, eat a dozen doughnuts, run the 2.5 miles back to the start...all in less than an hour. I did it, and finished in 50:57 without puking. Second in my age group, and fastest among my coworkers (and I'm the "old guy"). The temperature was a cold 27°F.
  • Wendy98
    Wendy98 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    STrooper wrote: »
    Well, apparently Internet Exploder didn't post my race report from Venice back in October. The Reader's Digest version was that it was a great, flat course, great support and extremely well run. I picked up an honorary Running Club Venezia shirt and wore it for the race.

PR's the race, too. I could have run much faster (maybe a BQ time) but I was "on holiday" and had an easy run...one of the easiest marathons I've ever run at 4:16:17.

This past weekend, I ran the Krispy Kreme Challenge. It was 2.5 miles to the doughnut pick up, eat a dozen doughnuts, run the 2.5 miles back to the start...all in less than an hour. I did it, and finished in 50:57 without puking. Second in my age group, and fastest among my coworkers (and I'm the "old guy"). The temperature was a cold 27°F.

A dozen donuts? As in 12 ? Were they regular sized? I am intrigued and speechless.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Wendy98 wrote: »

A dozen donuts? As in 12 ? Were they regular sized? I am intrigued and speechless.
    Yes, as in 12 regular, glazed doughnuts...~2400 calories (I know they are currently listed as being 190 calories per doughnut. 200 is the number they use for the race). That was for the "Challenger" class. You got your box as you entered the consumption zone, opened it and ate the doughnuts (water was available) as fast as you could. After eating the dozen, you went through an "inspection zone" where you showed your empty box, ran through the split timer and then returned back to the start (mostly uphill).

I ran the first mile in 8:46, the second in 8:49, and arrived at the consumption zone at 20:30 where I picked up my box and walked in and through the consumption zone. I ran through the split timer after eating my dozen and going through inspection at 29:32 to run the 2.5 miles back. Elapsed time for Mile 3 was 16:15 (including eating doughnuts). I carefully ran the uphill portions on the way back. Ran the fourth mile in 9:59, even though I dialed back and walked the steeper uphill portions three times.

Making the "turn for home" after mile four, the course flattened out and was downhill for a portion, then began a slow rise back to the start finish area. I just opened up the throttle and the stride and finished that mile last stretch in 7:12. Sugar burn! I felt a lot better than I thought I would after eating that many doughnuts and then running back 2.5 miles. Gun time was 58:28, chip time was 50:57.

There were many more "casual runners" (more than 4,000) who just picked up their box of doughnuts and then ran on back to the finish.

When I got home, my wife asked if I wanted lunch. MFP almost gave me an AYFKM when I entered the consumption in my diary.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I really wish the mfp phone app had a way to post pics here, so I'll just have to edit this in couple days. I ran the 10K race of the Los Cabos half marathon on Sunday. The course was described as "flat" but I have no idea what they meant, lol. If that was flat, I would HATE to see a hilly course from them! It was hilly enough that I had to stop and walk a few seconds on 3 occasions and I havent done that since my very first 10K last year.

Despite the hills and walking I still had a great run and set a new PB with a chip time of 54:32. There was a great post race party with live band, free wine, free beer, free tequila and free food! Met and talked with some great folks from all over the world including Kenya, Brasil, locals, and from all over the States.
  • silverfiend
    Options
    BLING REPORT.
    OK, I forgot I can't edit an older post here so I have to make new one, sorry..
    Anyway, here are some pics from my race. It was by far the largest event I've ever attended, and also the most fun! Over 2000 people in the just the 10K!!!

ji8ndeiv3z0j.jpg
    5008jc3jem99.jpg
    8wjnhbl5kvsd.jpg
    qd5ecmf4vb8v.jpg
    g0o0xl4njspz.jpg
    hwy1pqkw0dxh.jpg
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    Today was the White House Challenge, a nominal 4.4 mile race and the 6th and final race in the Freezeroo series. The distance is not certified. Garmin reported it as 4.34 miles; another runner said he got 4.38. So I think it's a little shorter than 4.4. I ran it in 27:51, for an average pace of 6:25 per Garmin, good for 6th of 119 overall, 1st of 7 in the M 60-64 age group, and a nice ego boost when the 55 year old guy I edged out by one second asked how old I was.

No bling for the low budget race, but winning my age group for the series was good for $25 in cash. Thinking of that as an offset to the series entry fee, I ran 5 races (sat out #5 due to training schedule) for $25 net, or $5 per race. Pretty cheap entertainment, and bragging rights.

Didn't think to take any in-race or post-race pictures; the rain kind of discouraged that anyway. But I did get a couple of nice scenery shots before my warmup. Part of the course was just south of Lake Ontario, and the classic directions to the parking lot say, "If you drive into the lake, you've gone 100 meters too far."

2g6fjk38ibbz.jpg
    27tw0pnc5c6q.jpg
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    I see my post with the spam bait number (# of finishers in my race) got approved, but the system didn't recognize it for "last post" purposes. So I'm posting now to reset the last post indicator.

I ran a race yesterday, details in the previous post.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    im9wkovdlsaq.jpg

Finished my first marathon of the year. Time was 5:13. Wasn't my best time by a long shot, but that's what happens when you don't train properly.
  • silverfiend
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »

Finished my first marathon of the year. Time was 5:13. Wasn't my best time by a long shot, but that's what happens when you don't train properly.

Doesn't matter how fast, what matter is that you did it! I still haven't done my first HM yet, so you are doing far better than I am! Congrats!