• FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @MobyCarp - Great pace. I'm pretty sure I could not maintain that pace for 5 miles. I would struggle to maintain that pace for 5K. :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @99clmsntgr -Congrats on a great race and the age group award. i love the ide of the dog tags!
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @99clmsntgr -Congrats on a great race and the age group award. i love the ide of the dog tags!

I was just about to post this. That is some nice race bling.
  • rightoncommander
    rightoncommander Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just ran my local Parkrun 5k - I do it most weeks, but usually with my 9-year-old son so not at full pace. I ran 20:42, which is the fastest I've run in over a year. This lets me know my marathon training is on target, anyway!
  • dewd2
    Options
    I finished the Lucky Charm 10k in just under 47 minutes. The weather cooperated and the slushy mess that was forecasted missed us. My time was good enough for 36th place (out of 372 runners). I am slowly working myself back into shape.

lt4vgzjqmf3v.jpg
  • dewd2
    Options
    I ran a small half marathon in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania on Saturday. The race went well until the last couple miles when I somehow got off course. They had the 5k and 10k courses joined at the end the the HM course and I managed to run an extra 1.4 miles. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. I dropped 10 places because of this and finished 17th. While I really enjoy smaller races in the farmlands, I will have to think long and hard about this one next time.

And the hills. There may have been a few hills along they way as well... B)

d2nr01lz6fjw.jpg
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Not exactly long-distance, but I worked hard for this one. You only got a medal if you ran 4 of their 5k trail runs during the season. I started late in the season and had scheduling conflicts thrown at me after I started and was already somewhat committed to finishing, so ended up running in three different cities, with one run being in -21*C weather, one while I was miserable-sick with a head cold, and the other two on back-to-back days a week later (so still coughing a lot). One was VERY icy, and I don't own cleats! Probably should've quit when I was sick, but got through it and was glad I pushed through. Plus the course in Warsaw was so flat and wide I wouldn't even call it a "trail", so I got a PR!
    zdov8508fc8e.jpg Just noticed everything in the picture is in English... so on the back is a Tony Robbins quote, nicely translated into Polish, but they unfortunately managed to misspell both his first AND last name. Oh well!
    kafoeymf6od6.jpg
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    OMG, what a story! Love your write-up. OMG those pics of you finishing!!! :o You look like you've been in a bar fight. You should show people that pic and just tell them "you should have seen the other person" LOL.

Thanks for sharing, glad you are OK.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    remove
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    OMG, what a story! Love your write-up. OMG those pics of you finishing!!! :o You look like you've been in a bar fight. You should show people that pic and just tell them "you should have seen the other person" LOL.

Thanks for sharing, glad you are OK.

@silverfiend Thanks!! I thought about making up a story that I got hit by a car but maybe saying that some girl gave me a jab to the face as I was passing her would be more interesting. Lol!!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @BeeerRunner Awesome race report! The second picture is priceless, you're determined look, and the medic on the edge of the picture coming up to you, but nothing's going to get in the way of you finishing!

You had one heck of an inspirational first marathon, for us wannabe's to look up to!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @BeeerRunner - You show great determination in finishing that race. As a bonus, you can save the finish line shot and tell your grandkids you were an extra in a Zombies Run movie!