• 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @rusgolden welcome to England
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    For the food challenge: yogurt.

I'm pretty sure it's a texture thing as I've tried it before with fruit for a similar challenge and it was still a no-go. This time I thought I'd try granola, figuring that something with an even more stark difference in texture would help. Nope. Still gross. Still makes me want to gag. Seems like I'm doomed to only like it in frozen yogurt form.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?”
    I plan to do the Cardio Kickboxing Abs

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!”

CHALLENGE #3: Complete

Minutes
    Monday: 85

• jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have had a wonderfully long day and am feeling like I walked from 1 end of London to the other. I haven't had a chance to do the video challenges. The wifi in our hotel is a little sketchy but hopefully I can get some of it done tomorrow morning. Being that I'm in a different country and am a very picky eater, the food challenge is great for me. I have completed challenge number 3.
    1. What I ate: For lunch I tried a pork belly sandwich with dried parsnips and for supper I had octopus.
    2. Sentence or 2 about the experience. My lunch wasn't bad. I actually liked the dried parsnips. The pork belly sandwich was really fatty. I had to peel a bunch of fat off of it before I could finish it. As for the octopus, I definitely would have never tried it without the challenge. I can't say that I would ever order it again. It was a little chewy for my taste but it wasn't horrible.

I have tried to add my 5 points for challenge 3 and my exercise minutes but the spreadsheet is not loading. Could someone please mark me down for 155 exercise minutes and 5 points for challenge 3.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Wow @jackiep248 I'm impressed!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I saw octopus for sale at a specialty market this past weekend, but didn't know about the challenge yet. I've tried calamari and other "chewy" seafood but don't think I've ever had octopus. Excellent choice for a new food to try!
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3. I had a chestnut and bamboo shoot stir fry last night . something I have never had before .
  • jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. My Internet connection is really weak and I can't get the spreadsheet to open. Could someone please add 174 minutes for me today. I wish I could get the videos to load. I could use a foot massage right now.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    jackiep248 wrote: »
    Hi guys. My Internet connection is really weak and I can't get the spreadsheet to open. Could someone please add 174 minutes for me today. I wish I could get the videos to load. I could use a foot massage right now.

Added. Did you have any minutes for Tuesday 2/14?
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Complete. I did the Cardio Kickboxing Abs. I was proud I finished in one session!

CHALLENGE #2: “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!”
    Not yet. Maybe tonight.

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!”
    Still plan to eat some beets, but I keep procrastinating.

I watched all the videos today and got some extra strength minutes doing dumbbell workout while watching.

MINUTES/MILES:
    Monday - 75
    Tuesday - 95
    Wednesday - 60 (so far)
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @rusgolden welcome to England

June... it is Jackie who is in England... I could only wish I was there for a visit!

Work has been kicking my butt with a lot of extra hours put in, so not getting much extra time to fit in the videos yet. I know I shouldn't wait until the weekend to do all of them, but at this point, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get them in during the week... but I'll get them all done one way or another!

I will update the spreadsheet tonight.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I've done 2/3 kickboxing videos x3. The other one I've done once. I'm really regretting doing the short ones! I thought it would work better to do them before I run in the morning, but they are just dragging on way too long!!! If you haven't started yet, I would recommend the longer videos!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Question on the videos. Previous weeks challenges have said you can count the minutes from some of the videos if you stay active while watching, but it doesn't say that this week. Does that mean you get to count them even if you just sit and watch without doing anything?
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    I've done 2/3 kickboxing videos x3. The other one I've done once. I'm really regretting doing the short ones! I thought it would work better to do them before I run in the morning, but they are just dragging on way too long!!! If you haven't started yet, I would recommend the longer videos!

I did one of the short ones just for the extra minutes. I can see that doing 9 of them would really be time consuming!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Question on the videos. Previous weeks challenges have said you can count the minutes from some of the videos if you stay active while watching, but it doesn't say that this week. Does that mean you get to count them even if you just sit and watch without doing anything?

No.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Options
    Complete. I did the Cardio Kickboxing Abs. - Complete and felt it the next day.

CHALLENGE #2: “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!”
    Complete

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!”
    Today I tried a soup with lima beans, they are not a favourite -not much taste.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

WEEK FOUR: TUK TUK TO THAILAND!

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 PTS)
    COMPLETE THE 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING VIDEO

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!” (10 PTS)
    VIDEO 1 - Completed Wed., 2/15
    VIDEO 2
    VIDEO 3 - Completed Mon., 2/13
    VIDEO 4
    2/4

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 PTS)
    Hmmm . . .

MINUTES/MILES
    13 Feb. 125 minutes
    14 Feb. 0
    15 Feb. 155 minutes (61 minutes walking + 59 minutes days 13, 14 & 15 Feb. challenges + 15 minutes stretching) + 20 minutes video #1
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE 3:

I have tried mango before and did not like it. It's a fruit I would like to like, but I just dislike it all of the times I try it.

However, I had a Thai Mango Chicken Salad today, and I didn't even notice a distaste for the mango pieces. The whole salad was delicious. So it looks like if I want to eat mangos, they'll have to be mixed in something else.