Beginner with Keto

Options
2»

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    My added sodium of choice is a simple bullion cube (1170mg of sodium) sometimes with another 1/2 teaspoon of salt added to the broth.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I like broth so that is a good idea too, thanks!
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Well yeah, first victory on the scale , a total loss since starting of 3 kg overall, but also lessons to be learnt meaning : fat bombs are not easy to eat only one :smile: , and sweetner such as Erythrol which I use , gave me hunger , so I guess for the moment I will stop doing keto sweets...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Can't Eat Just One Club. :)
  • LaLaLovely76
    LaLaLovely76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got the right idea to me. The sweet cravings can be hard. People deal with them differently. Anything from staying away from all sweets, even low carb options or by trying to satisfy them with low carb options.
    I'm somewhere in between but closer to trying to stay away from sweet flavors all together. If I decide to have something sweet, I personally find it best to make sure it's a real food item like 85% or darker chocolate or lightly sweetened tea. Or if I'm being really indulgent for a special occasion like a birthday, I'll make a dessert with cream cheese, whipped cream, some kind of natural flavoring like lemon juice and stevia to sweeten. I save making actual desserts for special occasions only. I find this way works best for me. It has taken me from being a daily candy binger to having 1 or 2 squares of real dark chocolate 2, maybe 3 times a week and not having daily sweet cravings. Honestly, I find if I put a salt crystal in my mouth I can usually manage them. Sometimes I think it's just wanting something... anything even without hunger, that having that salt crystal there is a distraction.

This is true...I'm so used to eating sweets and snacking...the urge comes and goes in waves...like now, I'm seriously craving something sweet, esp chocolate or a cookie or something....
  • LaLaLovely76
    LaLaLovely76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    As for sodium I eat dill pickles and I also drink a bottle of water with Mio(flavor enhancer) with Morton lite salt ( I tsp) its like gatorade ....I usually hit around 4000mg sometimes higher

Thanks for sharing...that's a good idea...pickles and adding salt to beverages...