-1x 25 4ct Jumping Jacks
    -1x 25 Supermans
    -1x 25/side Side Crunches
    -1x 25 Burpees
    -2x 25 Push-ups
    -3x 13 Chin-ups
    After work:
    10min Yoga (Sun Salutations)
    34min of self foot massages (videos 1&2)
    Evening:
    Nada! Massages felt so good, I'm opting out of the gym.
  • cocoajax16
    cocoajax16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The foot massages where amazing!!! Thank you for including this <3<3 I rarely pamper myself
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Challenge update -
    #1 -will do the Jessica Simpson video tonight or tomorrow. I have tried 2 of the dances. Fun!
    #2 - one more video to go.
    #3 - completed yesterday - quinoa.

I mentioned I have been doing C25K,and up until this week, it's been on the treadmill. The weather is warming up, so I went outside for the last two "runs". Felt so good! I am as slow as molasses, but I don't care! LOL! I purchased a new pair of running shoes, and, hey...they look fast...so I am set!

Here's to the weekend, folks!
  • Run4theluvofit
    Run4theluvofit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED: Quinoa

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE: I've been wanting to try quinoa for awhile and decided to make a chicken, kale, quinoa with a sun-dried tomato romesco sauce. It was very tasty and I did enjoy the quinoa. It's almost like eating rice that's somewhat crunchy and nutty.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey team! We're almost to our destination!

It's exciting to see some people trying quinoa. It's one of my favorite foods that I haven't been eating often enough lately. :smile: You guys are inspiring me to cook some this weekend.

@enuf200 --the weather here was also beautiful today, and though I didn't get out for a run, I did take Gunner for an extra long walk.

@V-- glad you are feeling better and way to go with all the exercise minutes! You are a workout machine!! Haha--asparagus is my absolute favorite veggie--especially roasted with onions and garlic. YUM!! LOL

@EternalTruth --congrats on the raise! That sounds like a very stressful scenario--glad it worked out for you.

@PompPanda --ugh, you've reminded me that I need to do my taxes...

@cocoajax16 --welcome to the team!!

I finished the cardio kickboxing video. I used to take a kickboxing class, so it was really fun to do that again. I liked that a lot of the exercises were similar to the 6-minute ab video we did for the last leg (Vancouver?) of the previous AR challenge. I also like that I actually worked up a sweat--that doesn't always happen with some of these challenge videos. I will definitely do this video again, and will probably try the other options that hawkins provided.

I'm still struggling to find something to try to the third challenge. @shauna30 mentioned cauliflower, and I like it raw, but really don't enjoy it steamed. I love other roasted vegetables, so I might jump on her wagon and try it roasted.

I've made some terrible food choices the past 2 days, and though I wasn't way over on calories either day, I feel yucky. I really need to learn to not let social situations completely derail me from eating healthy. Tomorrow will be much, much better.

• shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound I'm right there with you on the social eating. It's so hard to make healthy choices when you are in a social situation.

Team 3, we might actually have a chance of not coming in last place! I sent out several reminders to fill in the spreadsheet. Hopefully, everyone will finish strong!
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Morning:
    20min Active & Passive Rotator Cuff Stretch
    30min Calisthenics
    -1x 25 sit-ups
    -2x 1:00/side Side plank
    -1x 25 Russian Twist 10lb DB
    -1x 25 Bicycle Crunch
    -1x 25 Crunch
    -2x 2:00 Elbow Plank
    -1x 25 4ct Mountain Climbers
    -1x 25 4ct Jumping Jacks
    -1x 25 Supermans
    -1x 25/side Side Crunches
    -1x 25 Burpees
    -2x 25 Push-ups
    -3x 13 Chin-ups

After work:
    10min Yoga (Sun Salutations)
    20min of self foot massages (video 3)

Evening Leg Day:
    120min weights training
    Squats 10s15r 2xbar,2x95,2x135,4x185
    With 10 Squat Jumps & 20 Hanging Knee Raises
    Leg Press 10s15r 2x90,2x180,4x270
    With 1 Rope Climb & 20 Lying Leg Lifts
    Leg Ext 10s15r @100lb
    Leg Curls 10s15r @100lb
    With 15 Step-ups/leg & 20 Cru@100lb
    10min stretch and cool down
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3 completed last night.

@skinnyjeanzbound & @shauna30 - roasted cauliflower is a favourite in our house - I roast it with oil, onions and sprinkle some parmesan cheese on it. Yummy!

@cocoajax16 - I rarely pamper myself too, and enjoyed the foot massages! I finally went and got my hair cut and coloured last night. Trust me when I say,it was well overdue! I made a big change and went short. I love it and feel like I can conquer the world! LOL! No seriously though, it felt good to spend some time pampering myself! Must make time for that kind of stuff more often. We deserve it!
  • cocoajax16
    cocoajax16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @enuf200 that's awesome. I went short for the first time a year ago! It's so awesome to get a makeover! Yes we deserve it!
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,172 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wow! I'm a hot mess right now!
    Quick check in. Added in most cardio minutes for the week to the spreadsheet.
    Tallying up my actual workouts this week is going to be challenging in itself. I've hit full recovery mode.. fully recovered or not. I was a workout fool!
    I do weekly step challenges with a group that's mostly UPS workers.. I trained hard and came in second! Believe me when I say that is a true feat! No pun intended. I'm usually second to last. Just under 130,000 steps in 5 days. At least half was dancing I'm sure. (Should I feel flattered that the undefeated first place winner has decided to withdrawal while he still holds first? :) ) .

I'll get to wrapping up the challenges this weekend. It's the spoil me ones I'm lagging on. #needswork lol
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Well... sick kiddo Wed and Thurs but still managed to get some workout in. Unfortunately he shared so about 10pm Thursday through this evening, mom has been down for the count. Not sure how many minutes i can get in tomorrow or if i will even have energy to do any.

Had planned to grill some kind of veggie for my food challenge... but not sure if I'm up to going out to get something.

Guessing being afraid of eating saltines and finally doing so today wont count.

Started the week off well and big plans to finish strong but hey.. nothing says love like sharing your germs right?

• alipsie19
    Options
    Knocked out the last foot massage video tonight. Other than that, just hung out with my kid.

Hope y'all are having a good weekend
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi team!
    Sorry I've been so quiet lately, I blinked and it was Thursday! The last couple of weeks have been hectic at work (won't slow down any until mid April... joy) and the only day off I had was last Sunday, so I'm a weeeee bit tired! I did what I could minutes wise but I feel I've let you down. I do heart Jessica Smith - it's almost unhealthy lol - so I've done that video but haven't had a chance to do the others :( I'm sad cos I could do with a foot massage! I might go back and watch those videos in the gym tomorrow and do a 0-point make up task.

But the good news is I've had my induction at my new gym and a little program to get me started in the right direction. With my back trouble I'm a bit scared of the leg press and Russian twists, and the treadmill to a certain extent (lack of core muscle) but I'm hoping that it all will come together to have some visible results soon. Maybe a month or so, nothing too drastic just something I would be able to see. Here's hoping :)
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Lots of activity this week with C25K, skiing, geocaching, resistance training, and hiking so I hit my highest amount of activity in the challenge so far. I also finished the activities and logged those points. Woot!

For those who aren't feeling well, I hope you feel much better soon!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and Happy Family Day tomorrrow for my fellow Canadians!

~ Truth
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that I have been MIA this week. It was busy and I didn't have too many minutes but I did complete all the challenges.

For the food challenge, I had thai green dippers. I bought these for another challenge when I had to try something new and bcos I didn't like them, they were just lying in the freezer. I forced myself to have 2 of them, still don't like them. They are crunchy but overpowering ginger taste.
  • PompPanda
    PompPanda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Posting this quickly as I make my way down the mountaim after a nice hike! I'll read through previous comments when I make it home, but I wanted to make sure to share my experiences concerning the challenges!

For the food challenge I tried oysters!

Thoughts?

Yuck. Sooo salty. The sauce covered it up a bit and made the taste tolerable, but it wasn't worth the short lived slurp, ha.

The foot massage was nice!! My feet literally get any attention. In fact, when I first started, it actually hurt and my toes tingled ^-^
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone....

Sorry at the last minute i had to travel for work and did work out but just got home this evening. So I am updating the spreadsheet now.

The food I tried this week when out to dinner with coworkers was mussels. We ordered an appetizer I have NEVER had them before and was hesitant to try them but they we small ones and we're in this delicious red sauce with alot of garlic and a little spicy but I did like them.

Hopefully this coming week I will do better at updating on time.
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Christmas in February is over and the last of family just left. 10 days! No one person stayed for 10 days but my guestroom has been full every night of that stint. As my computer is in that room, or rather, my computer room is where I put guests, I've only had my phone during that time.

This week I did the exercise videos. No the dance ones but both of the others and I really enjoyed them. I forgot the foot massage.

I placed a tentative 5 points for the food challenge and @MissionEnforcer can decided if I earned them or not. I love food. All food. My one exception is bananas and, sorry team, nothing will make me try another banana.

However, I don't much like sharp cheddar cheese and accidentally bought some this week when I thought I was buying mild. It was already done so I cooked it up and used it in at least 8 meals. I ate it. I didn't suffer. But, nope. I still won't buy sharp cheddar on purpose because there are so many other tangy cheeses that I love.

I tried a whole bunch of new things this week. The most exciting is Tapioca starch noodles. I made them for lunch today with green Thia curry and eggplant. I had never heard of Tapioca starch noodles before yesterday but they are just as delicious as I expected. Ok. Like rice noodles they don't have much of a taste but the eggplant and noodles topped with curry was fab.
  • bloveless
    bloveless Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know the new thing is quinoa, anyway new to me. I didn't know if I would like it, but my daughter made a delicious kale quinoa salad. I think I'll even ask for the recipe so I can have it again
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Another day of nada. Spending time with the kid and the dogs.
    Sounds like some of y'all had a busy weekend. Hope those of you feeling under the weather get better soon.