Like Minded Lushes - February 2017

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    <===another homebody here! Crowds actually give me anxiety. I can do them, but I have to work myself up for it. Definitely something new I've developed over the years. In my youth, I was a bit wild and loved to go out :D

Good to see you Bridget!
    I'm having problems resetting from our mini vacation so I'm pretty much just writing off this week. Wine every night and hopefully not too horrible with my eating. Otherwise I figure I'll get serious after the weekend.
    Major storm coming in here so we have no plans..probably will watch movies, read my book. (see? homebody!) Probably do some cooking/meal prep for next week.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Syd, I am right there with you!! I have major anxiety, I think it is more "generalized" anxiety. I cannot be in large crowds because I get soo overwhelmed and just have to get out. Thankfully, my husband can just look at my face & he knows exactly when it is time for us to leave! I love that he is so understanding. I try to get out and be more social, but I am who I am. Most of my friends understand!

I'm glad to be back! I've really missed this group!
    I know how hard it is resetting back to "real life" after a vacation...no matter how big or small!

I saw the storms that will be moving into Cali! You stay safe & enjoy movies and your book :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the exact opposite! While I do love my home and alone time on a regular during the week basis, on the weekends Eric and I often just pack the kids up and go with no real destination. We LOVE festivals, parades, art fairs, etc. I actually today just put the annual St. Patty's Day parade on my calendar. We can walk to so many of the cool stuff going on in Louisville, and of course we pack a cooler of beer in the stroller. As a result we have raised two little nomads who get bored if we stay at home all day.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0 I was so tempted. Went back to the Endo for a follow up and turns out I need a root canal after I just had the damn tooth drilled...I honestly figured as much considering I have pain and can't chew on that side of my mouth...BOOO!!! And I have to wait a month (with pain) :cry:
    Thursday-going for another 0-I agree Bridget, Thursday are hard!!!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Ashley, that sounds like fun! And packing a cooler of beer in a stroller is genius!

Kate, girl...I have been there! When I had to have a root canal, it took me a month before I even went to see the dentist because I just convinced myself the pain would go away on its own. Little did I know that I had a small crack in my molar which made it so painful to chew on that side of my mouth. So, by the time I went to the dentist...I needed a root canal & had to get a crown. Tooth pain is no joke!
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well not the most productive zero-alcohol week. But better than last week! And I lost 1/2 a pound.. lol... ok, so there's always next week.

Monday = 0
    Tues = 3
    Wed = 3
    Thurs = 1.5

It's Friday so... making burgers and opening a bottle of the good stuff...Happy weekend all!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 4
    Wed - 0
    Thurs - I had 2 tall Belgian Tripels at happy hour on not much food which has caused me to instate a rule: no Belgain Tripels at happy hour. The girl told me the ABV was like 7% but I'm thinking it was higher.... I'll stick to my Blue Moon from now on. Then Eric and I split a bottle of wine at dinner.

We'll stay in and have a tame night tonight. Maybe binge watch Breaking Bad. We just started it a couple weeks ago; we're only four episodes in but I love it.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    The husband has come down with a cold. Nuf said.
    Thursday-3 large glasses of wine
    I'll probably do something similar tonight.
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - I failed....4 beers

I'm leaving work at noon and then hubs & I are headed out of town to visit my bestie and her husband! Lots of wine will be drank & lots of food will be eaten! Calories don't count on the weekends right...?! :D
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Lushes!! It's Friday!!! Basically my favorite night of the week and the beginning of me ruining all my hard work during the week. :D

Actually, this has been a weird week, worked out Monday but I could tell something wasn't right because I was irritable and fatigued and almost couldn't finish my sets. Turns out I must have been coming down with something, I've been exhausted all week dreaming of naps which is not something I never want and just been nauseous so even though I tried to drink this week I didn't get more than a drink or two down. So I guess that kinda worked out. But I'm feeling better today so all bets are off!! And with all this rain we're getting hit with it's gonna be a pretty chill weekend which I'm looking forward to having. I'm a homebody naturally but I do like to get out and adventure also so it's a delicate balance, I get crabby if I don't have any home-time and just feel like I'm go-go-going all the time.

Kate - so sorry about the tooth pain, that's the worst!! :'(

Gwen - way to go on a good week and a loss!!

Ashley - Breaking Bad is so good! Gotta watch Better Call Saul after you finish that, it's a fun watch too. I got to meet the creator of those shows and he is just the coolest most down to earth guy you could ever meet. I'm a fan for life!

Sydney - The dreaded man-cold!! :D
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!! We decided to grab a bite out....1 margarita, 1 20oz beer, 1/2 14oz beer then 4 Manhattans and stayed up WAY too late.....I'm a bit hung over today BUT it is ALOHA FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We are going to Oahu this weekend, well one night, to celebrate Lenny's birthday. We are going to see Donovan Frankenreiter (WHO? everyone says....think Jack Johnson but groovier :wink:) We get in early, so we will walk to the zoo and pretty much eat and drink all day. I'm excited. Maybe some karaoke after the show, the world is our oyster and I love being on foot all day!!!!
    We get back 4ish Sunday. And whale watching Monday morning :love: Love long weekends :bigsmile:

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I saw Donovan Frankenreiter at the collest music store that used to exist in Louisville: Ear X-tacy probably eight or nine years ago. It was a tiny venue with maybe 30 of us standing in the store while he played acoustic. It was great. I forgot about that guy..... Have a blast!

I had a beer at lunch and now I don't want to do anything. I got invited to another happy hour but it's all the way across town and I feel like I'm in the dog house a little for my happy houring last night.... :o
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Bridget, another shy introverted homebody here! :)
    I think I've had 3 beers over the course of this week, but it could be 4..... if they really count as beers. I've found an amazing thing - low carb protein beer. Small bottles and expensive but only 97 calories 21 grams of protein and 1.5 g carbs. It has a sweet fruity initial taste before the bitter beer taste kicks in. Only 3.6% so not gonna get drunk on it but it's enough to make me feel like I've had a drink. It's growing on me, but would be costly to drink in quantity! I've actually been having a beer to get my protein intake in so it's encouraging me to drink more :o
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    HA! You can add me to the introvert-hates crowds-loves quiet time sort of guy. Take me to a county fair and I will most likely find a hole to hide in. Take me to the wide open spaces of the Southwest, and I love it!

Moderating (finally) but am now hungry all the time! Bloodwork for my annual physical on monday so I have to be good.

Have a great weekend all!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Protein beer?? Wow! How neat, I might have to check that out.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Last night I had about 4 or 5 rum and zevias, I lost count and I'm feeling it this morning. Ugh. Coffee.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Well my drinking schedule did not turn out as planned. I thought I'd moderate Friday and drink a lot Saturday, but it ended up opposite. Eric and I met for drinks Friday and I had 2 wines. Then had a bottle of bubbly and finished off with 2 glasses of red. Was feeling it a little Saturday. I ended up having 2 cocktails, a glass of wine and I think 2 ciders Saturday. I made the decision to stop drinking and have ice cream instead. Yesterday I had 3 ciders and 2 mules. Feeling fine today. I'll have my usual 0 tonight and not sure about the rest of the week. Have a great week!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Managed a couple zeros last week! Now if the scales would be so kind as to move downward!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Another shy girl right here. Quite often, people have mistaken my shyness for me being "stuck-up", which couldn't be farther from the truth!! Once I know someone well, I will talk your ear off though... ;)
    Friday - Red Wine, I think just one glass...it was a couple of long days ago... :p
    Saturday - 1 Bacardi & diet
    Sunday - 1 beer, 1 glass red wine
    Moderated quite well, but was hoping my weigh-in this morning would be better but it is what it is.
    Super excited for next weekend, going up to Traverse City, MI for a wine/pub crawl. Was supposed to be a snowshoeing pub crawl but with temps in the 60's throughout our state, I don't think there will be any snow! :#
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I moderated well and actually had a 0 on Friday. Just didn't feel like having anything. But I did zip in the way of exercise and ate like crap so I feel like a blob.
    The husband is still sick and making me crazy. How a man who is successful at work, and manages a department is completely unable to read and follow directions on a cold medicine package is beyond me. :| he's supposed to leave for Aspen on a ski trip on Saturday. We both desperately need him to get better.
    Survived the crazy storm. I need spring to get here.