TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @Maidei I hear you on the olives, that would have been another good test for me... Or raw tomatoes... Salsa, stewed tomatoes, I can do, but raw, not so much.

I did the 2 longer foot massage videos twice and the kickboxing video. I hope I don't regret that I did it before my 5 mile run, lol.
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been quiet on here, but I am still participating and doing well. I just don't have a lot of time for extra comments :\ I hate seafood so that was my food challenge.
    1. I tried baked tilapia.
    2. Unfortunately, I just can't do seafood. I got a couple bites and gave it to my husband haha, I tried though!!
    @MissionEnforcer

Hope everyone is doing well :) that cardio kickboxing almost killed me haha!!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Great job Jen!

I finished up the reflexology videos after my run... my wife was up to watch those as I was doing them and she suffers from a lot of back pain, so she said, "oh, so I just need to rub my feet to make the back pain go away..." (insert eye-roll).

I just need to hit 130 minutes tomorrow to reach the 700 min max and I have a 10 mile run tomorrow (groan), so should hit that easily.

Have a great weekend and finish up those challenges!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?”
    Complete.
    I did the Cardio Kickboxing Abs and thought it was difficult but doable.

CHALLENGE #2: “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!”
    Completed today.
    I kicked my husband (who was watching a basketball game) out of the living room so I could have the space to finish them. I actually found my back hurting quite a bit during the first two. Even sitting on pillows and leaning against the coffee table, my lower back didn't like the bending over. Must work on flexibility or get someone else to rub my feet. :D

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!”
    Complete.
    I cooked beets and tried them several ways. I found raw beets on sale at the discount grocery (4/$1) so decided to cook them myself. I could have bought a can of beets, but where's the fun in that? It took FOREVER to cook them (over 90 minutes at a boil). I actually didn't think they were as bad as I remembered from childhood. I ate some plain - still tasted a bit like dirt. I put some in the pickling juice from a jar of asparagus and those are not too bad. Also made a salad with beets, arugula, pepitas, dried cranberries with a tahini-lemon dressing. I just tasted it but I think it will be better sitting in the fridge overnight so the flavors can blend. My son and family are coming tomorrow and my daughter-in-law is vegan, so that's right up her alley. I'm thinking the grandkiddos probably won't love it (although my grandson does like different things like hummus).

MINUTES/MILES:
    Monday - 75
    Tuesday - 95
    Wednesday - 115
    Thursday - 80
    Friday - 130
    Saturday - 50

I'm at 545 minutes/miles so far this week. Hoping to get some disc golf in with the son and grandson between rain showers. I'd love to hit the 700 this week!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Just have to comment on a few of the foodie posts:

@biketheworld - I'm with you on the tofu. Have tried it many times and various ways. Double blech!

@ldrichmond476 - I've never tried dried persimmons, but I experimented a lot when I first got my food dehydrator. Some yays and some nays. Love dried apples, pears, strawberries and peaches. Did not like dried watermelon, cantaloupe, or bananas. Parsnips was one food I tried in a previous challenge that I didn't like. Nope, still not a fan.

@rusgolden - I know several people who don't like raw tomatoes. I can't stand the ones they sell in the grocery store, but my homegrown tomatoes are wonderful! What a huge difference in flavor. I don't know what they do with the mass produced ones, but they taste like cardboard to me (or what I think cardboard would taste like if I tasted it). LOL You are way brave to eat peas out of a can. Those are the worst! The frozen ones are much better.

@Maidei - I used to feel that way about olives. I would tell people I was allergic to them so they'd leave them off the pizza (if we were with a group). I still don't like the plain black ones much, but have developed a taste for kalamata and the bright green Italian castelvetranos. The flavors are quite different than what they usually toss on a pizza.
  • jschmid2
    jschmid2 Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Went on two walks today with two different friends...I think I may be feeling it tomorrow.

One more reflexology video to do twice through and I'll be done! They are no problem for my right foot, but I'm much less flexible on my left side so it harder for me to work on that foot. Does anyone think this reflexology stuff works? It at least made my feet feel good. :)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    jschmid2 wrote: »
    Went on two walks today with two different friends...I think I may be feeling it tomorrow.

One more reflexology video to do twice through and I'll be done! They are no problem for my right foot, but I'm much less flexible on my left side so it harder for me to work on that foot. Does anyone think this reflexology stuff works? It at least made my feet feel good. :)

I'm not sure on the reflexology since this is my first time doing it with purpose and instruction. I do believe in acupuncture, Qigong and the chi energy flow throughout the body, so I do believe it "in principle". I'm planning to keep doing it a couple times a week and see if it will relieve the pain I've been having in my left heel. I think it's a flare-up of plantar fasciitis from a long walk a few weeks ago, but it's annoying the heck out of me.
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Can i just point out doing the feet challenge was a really big thing for me . as i hate feet .
    do you think its worth extra points for the team lol :D
  • getsa
    getsa Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3 - Something I was afraid to try. Went to a Korean House restaurant last night. Tried the Kimchi Stew.
    I do not like stew and it is very hot and spicy soup.

I think I will pass on it next time.

y85hpo8v9csk.jpg
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    OK, it's Sunday and our last day for this week to get minutes/miles!

Let's do this Fab Five!
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3

What: Brussels Sprouts

So, I decided to try Brussels Sprouts again. I had tried them once or twice before, but I really did not like them. I figured I may have been too quick to judge, so I gave them another shot this week.
    No, I was correct. They are horrible. I decided to put them in my stir fry, with a bit of vegetable oil and some chicken. They were by far the worst part of my stir fry. I love veggies. Not these. The texture and the taste were horrible. I will not be doing that again.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    1. Peperoncino

2. These peppers have just never appealed to me - if they come with a sandwich or on a pizza - I just hand them to hubby and he's thrilled. Decided to give one a try today. Still don't "get" it - weird texture - not a great taste. And - what I was completely unsuspecting - squirted juice all over me when I bit into it!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Can i just point out doing the feet challenge was a really big thing for me . as i hate feet .
    do you think its worth extra points for the team lol :D

So the funny thing is, I have HORRID feet - my husband makes fun of me all the time about them "you have a pretty face but your feet are UGLY" - or if I put my feet by him in bed "get those things away from me" - and on and on it goes. He's right - I have such ugly feet - calluses, a severe hammer toe, big bumps that I don't even know what they are - they're horrible. I'm embarrassed to get a pedicure! So I think I should get extra points for having to handle my own ugly feet! haha
  • jschmid2
    jschmid2 Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3

1. Mushrooms

2. I had some sautéed mushrooms on my salad from Moe's today. I have eaten mushrooms in the past if they were chopped up small and in something, but I pick them out if I can. I'm not crazy about the texture of them. I was going to try and cook them myself, but I didn't think I would do a good job. I only had them put a little on there and off to the side, but I did eat them all. They weren't horrible, but I still don't think I'd purposely get them on something. Also, the sauté part is probably what made them edible to me. You will not find me eating any large amounts or raw mushrooms, but I can handle some.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    getsa wrote: »
    Challenge 3 - Something I was afraid to try. Went to a Korean House restaurant last night. Tried the Kimchi Stew.
    I do not like stew and it is very hot and spicy soup.

I think I will pass on it next time.

y85hpo8v9csk.jpg

I love Kimchi. That picture has me starving! I'm actually at the Chinese place waiting for my steamed broccoli and tofu right now.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Well, my minutes weren't the greatest this week, but I did get all the challenges done. We did have a marathon paddle session today (over 2 hours for 4.7 miles) so that was good for getting some minutes.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm here!

I keep thinking things will slow down and I'll have one week where I can throw up some big numbers.... alas (I'm making no promises about this upcoming week, by the way, Wed and Thur are parent teacher conferences, so at least 13 hour work days.... yay.)

Got the kickboxing in, I love it. I wish I had a gym and trainer to really get my technique solid.

Foot videos were hard; I have super ticklish feet and I prefer nothing to be touching them!

Food challenge was parsnips - I posted about them earlier

This weekend we were traveling for daughter's bball tournament. We stayed in a town on Lake Michigan, Saturday morning I got up extra early to use the (very crappy) hotel gym with the super skinny and very fit mom on my team (yay. -- and really, she is fine, I know my insecurity is all in my head). Sunday morning we were 1.5 hours early for a game so I walked to the lake and back -- best 45 minutes of my morning!

07ige9y15cag.jpg

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

WEEK FOUR: TUK TUK TO THAILAND!

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 PTS)
    Completed video #1 Sun., 2/19
    Smart of her to work one side first, you can't quit mid-video! I liked this workout a lot! I think I'll add this to my rotation.

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI YOUR FEET!” (10 PTS)
    VIDEO 1 - Completed Wed., 2/15
    VIDEO 2 - Completed Sun., 2/19
    VIDEO 3 - Completed Mon., 2/13
    VIDEO 4 - Completed Sun., 2/19

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 PTS)
    Lesson about waiting to the last minute to finish your challenges. I go to my favorite Miami sushi spot tonight (super late) ready to try uni (sea urchin) again & of course, THEY'RE OUT OF UNI! Grrr . . . Well, not a fan of unagi (eel) either. Here goes nothing . . .

Tonight's unagi was actually pretty good. I did only manage half of it because I couldn't get over the brownish-black gel-like part that was on the bottom of the piece I had. It was NOT visually appealing. I'm pretty sure I can live, happily, without unagi again.

bh4bp7hd4jzw.jpg

MINUTES/MILES
    13 Feb. 125 minutes
    14 Feb. 0
    15 Feb. 155 minutes
    16 Feb. 138 minutes (78 minutes walking + 26 minutes day 16 Feb. challenges + 18 minutes circuit training + 10 minutes ski machine + 6 minutes stretching)
    17 Feb. 68 minutes (33 minutes walking + 35 minutes day 17 Feb. challenges)
    18 Feb. 0
    19 Feb. 243 minutes (164 minutes walking + 30 minutes cardio kickboxing video #1 (Smart of her to work one side first, you can't quit mid-video!) + 27 minutes day 18 Feb. challenges) + 14 minutes Reflexology video 2 & 8 minutes video 4)