No F-Ups February 2017 Week 3 (2/15-2/21)

Options
124»

Replies

• christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Monday check in - Up 2lbs today, probably multiple reasons. Yesterday I gave in to popcorn with the kids during a movie and extra carbs at dinner. I was also feeling pms'y, which is hard to determine since I only have a period about twice a year now with perimenopause - so hard to gauge? Didn't feel great, which also contributed to the bad eating yesterday, but I did get a lot of walking in this weekend.

Today is a new day with new resolve - only 8 more days in February. :smiley:

Happy Monday all!
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Given myself a shake, didn't realise shark week was looming which explains a lot of my carby cravings, got my house in order on a personal level and am now firmly back in the saddle.
    2 strong days of LCHF under my belt - 7 more to not F up!
  • stutovic
    stutovic Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    stutovic wrote: »
    Week 3 already, this month is going by fast! I did pretty well during week #2 with exercise and food (managed to stay away from VDay goodies)

Weighed myself earlier on in the week and am down 2 more pounds, but am 7 pounds away from my goal for 2/25, don't know if I can reach it by then, but am not giving up :smile:

my goal is to exercise at least twenty minutes every day during the three day weekend, I will be checking in to update everyday

Saturday:
    Sunday: BBM workout and 20 minute walk
    Monday:

There is no excuse since I will be home all three days

I did not reach my goal :( but I did weigh in today and am down three more pounds! Not going to feel guilty but just have to keep trying to squeeze in those workouts! wycwyc what you can when you can!!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    2/20: Carbs and weight in range. Rest day. Collagen was taken. Did a few chores. Ok day.

Today I am hoping to either run or lift after work. I neglected to get up early this morning. I kind of feel like I might be getting a cold so we'll see. If I think a 2nd rest day will be best I'll do that.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Week 3 already, this month is going by fast! I did pretty well during week #2 with exercise and food (managed to stay away from VDay goodies)

Weighed myself earlier on in the week and am down 2 more pounds, but am 7 pounds away from my goal for 2/25, don't know if I can reach it by then, but am not giving up :smile:

my goal is to exercise at least twenty minutes every day during the three day weekend, I will be checking in to update everyday

Saturday:
    Sunday: BBM workout and 20 minute walk
    Monday:

There is no excuse since I will be home all three days

I did not reach my goal :( but I did weigh in today and am down three more pounds! Not going to feel guilty but just have to keep trying to squeeze in those workouts! wycwyc what you can when you can!!

That's the best anyone can do. Sounds like you are doing well. Congrats on the pounds lost!

• TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so well last week. Work life balance was 90% work. Was lucky to have lost weight. Only thing I was happy with is that having failed a few nights I didn't give it away. Have started boxing classes and they are also keeping me honest.

Back on track this week. Good luck everyone.

Ray
  • baconslave
    Options
    Sorry I have been quiet. I slothed around this weekend to rest myself. I've been feeling pretty weak, and my eyes are just being real buttholes. I'm starting to get eye dryness in the day again, and I ended up having an erosion this morning while I was making my coffee. Freakin' ouch. :rage:

I hope my eye is better enough for me to drive to my appointment on Thurs.
    I suspect that this is caused by (or is made worse), at least in part, by adrenal fatigue, and I may have to, as much as I hate it, switch to lower impact workouts fewer times per week. Which sucks for my fitness goals. I know how to increase strength, but how do you just maintain what you have? That's new territory for me. How am I going to survive and not kill everyone without my exercise fix? Le sigh...Back to Leslie Sansone? Walking away the pounds or the Dreadmill on bad weather days, and 3 days a week of low key push-ups and other bodyweight stuff?

Unfortunately, I can link introducing fasting (ADF) and HIIT introduction to the time when this stuff started.

While the healthcare system dinks around, I suffer, and the responsibilities I have in my life suffer.

Ugh. :rage:

Anyway, I'll still be here as I figure out what the hades I'm going to do.
    I'll have to change my goals up, but I'm not quitting.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    adrenal fatigue is treatable - look for adrenal friendly foods, and you can supplement licorice root (if not hypertensive) and/or nervous fatigue (traditional chineese medicine and safe for hypertensive people)...you shouldn't need to cut back on workouts if you get good nutrition for your adrenals
  • baconslave
    Options
    adrenal fatigue is treatable - look for adrenal friendly foods, and you can supplement licorice root (if not hypertensive) and/or nervous fatigue (traditional chineese medicine and safe for hypertensive people)...you shouldn't need to cut back on workouts if you get good nutrition for your adrenals

I tried the licorice root. I don't have high blood pressure, but it gives me anxiety, racing heartrate, and edema really badly. I will look up the others though and maybe find an adaptogen blend without the licorice? We just don't mesh for some weird reason...Maybe I should dilute it a bit more? It's difficult to get the exact concentration in a tea.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I'm having scale issues. As in, going up and I don't think it should be. I'm going to tighten up logging to make sure I'm not screwing up and then trust the process.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Licorice can also impact salt, potassium, and water balances, is it possibly you are low on any of those...if you had a bad reaction, then I would stay away from it, though if you insist on trying again consider adding salt and potassium to the tea...might be better to give the nervous fatigue a shot or just eating more adrenal supporting foods - avocado and coconut and certain nuts if I remember right???
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    One pound of my 2 lb gain from the weekend is gone. Hopefully the other will join it tomorrow. :smile:
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Really, really good run. I'm out of town and the humidity here kills this western girl. But, averaged 10:45 so slowly getting to the Feb goal of s 10 minute mile.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    2/21: Carbs and weight are in range. Collagen with my coffee. Short trail run as the weather is phenomenal. Mid 60s in February!!! Doing laundry and some chores before bed. Hoping to get up early to workout tomorrow.
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Really back in the swing of things now.
    Carbs and calories on track since Monday.
    Weighed in today and have only gained 1lb which considering that its TOTM and that I've seriously undereaten for the preceeding week, I am taking as a win.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Licorice can also impact salt, potassium, and water balances, is it possibly you are low on any of those...if you had a bad reaction, then I would stay away from it, though if you insist on trying again consider adding salt and potassium to the tea...might be better to give the nervous fatigue a shot or just eating more adrenal supporting foods - avocado and coconut and certain nuts if I remember right???

I already eat avocados, almonds, brazil nuts, cruciferous veggies, take fish oil...I don't eat coconut stuff any more since I coconutted myself into hating it now. That's the most frustrating thing. I'm doing most of everything right. It just isn't enough. Sigh... I'll look into what all I can add. I'm going to try to get the dr to test adrenal stuff, but if they won't, I'll try to talk DH in to the functional med dr in Bristol even though they don't take insurance and will be expensive. And will get some adaptogen blend with schizandra berry and probably rhodiola and holy basil.

Thank you so much for all your advice.