TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Jessica Smith Video done - challenge two done
    Active - Watched all the videos from beautiful different color building so the fisherman can find their way home.
    Although I felt masquerade were pretty outfits but scary.
    Night time Venice looked gorgeous

• aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @Ingrid2017 I will definitely add the dogs playing time tonight. We went for a walk I stretched with some yoga and since it was nice out they wanted to play yet, so they got in an extra 15 minutes. I am exhausted. They are all sleeping I will go back and fix my time for tonight. I didn't do it for yesterday.

I did drink 80oz of water so far. Night everyone.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Congrats on squeaking out another win, team! On to Venice. Another place high on my list to visit. I really want to do a gondola ride - with wine!

I seriously thought there was going to be gelato in this challenge. I was psyched! I have gelato in my freezer! When I went to Italy for a conference a few years ago my main goal was to eat gelato every day.

Water challenge day 1 done easily. I just need to remember to keep filling up my water bottle at work. It's 24 oz so a couple of those during the day and what I have at home will do it. Tonight I easily drank more with my running group workout also.

The first workout video sounds kind of tough - the word "crushing" in there scares me a bit. I might try to get that in tomorrow depending how the day goes.

• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Jessica video done. was harder than I thought!! but Challenge 2 is in the books. Will meet my water goal today also!!

Here we go team!!!

@Vowder I'll come and play with the puppies anytime!! Such cuteness!! I can bring my 3 dogs along too and there would be lots of fun had by all!!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Day one - water done. 65 miles done.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @Vowder: They are getting so big! So much cuteness all in one spot! I'm with @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn: Pick me, Pick me!
    @wolvinnetje: Glad to let hear you are almost up and about! :)
    I think @120maggie is still down. Let's all do a little extra to help her out! I've never seen her this sick before.
    @mts7471: I am glad you enjoyed the videos! Team, there is one at the end of the write up! Another 5 minutes on top of the other "bonus videos" if you stay active!
    @mamaelf2008 & @mswanger09: Five days of water THEN the vino! ;)
    @aenglehardt347: I bet you had some happy puppies!
    @Ingrid2017: Way to go getting BOTH challenges done today!!
    @katharmonic: I did the first one today and the most crushing thing about it was Tara trying to "help" me when I was on the floor! :D

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK TEAM! <3
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    How can you stand all that cuteness, Vowder! Ugh........so sweet!

I started one of the videos last night and only got 1/2 done.....my DH rented a movie for the kids. I will finish it up today.

Day one of water - check

Have a great day.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    1bjtmvuhj366.png
    re7eq1she5bk.png

Here's to a great Tuesday!!!! Go team!!!!
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Will swim today. My ankle is still fairly tender but I've started the strength exercises.

Anyone have a suggestion that will help me get minutes without stressing the ankle? (I'm already swimming).

Thanks,

• wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »
    Will swim today. My ankle is still fairly tender but I've started the strength exercises.

Anyone have a suggestion that will help me get minutes without stressing the ankle? (I'm already swimming).

Thanks,

First, I'll give you the answer you want....
    -swimming (as I said before just be careful with the flutter kick and pushing off)
    -spin bike - at an easy pace with low resistance - it won't burn a ton of calories, but you can rack up some minutes. The key is to find the right amount of resistance so that you are still pushing the pedals (not the pedals pushing you) without stressing the ankle.
    -any upperbody lifting and abdominal work
    -possibly yoga
    -possibly water aerobics or aqua jogging

I get it. I've been there, many times, many many many many times.

Now the answer you don't want.......You've got to rest it. And be careful. It could be a minor strain. It could be achilles tendinitis (pain would be localized to back of the ankle). It could be a stress fracture. It could be something else. The immediate treatment for all of the above is going to be rest, and ice, and ibuprofen. But how long you rest, and what you do after that can vary widely depending on what is the cause of the pain. Not letting it rest now could make it worse, and drag out your recovery time. I do understand. I really really do. I've also had A LOT of ankle injuries. I'm sorry to be Debby Downer, and I certainly am not intending to criticize. It is with the best of intentions and genuine concern that I say, you really should get it checked out. Knowing the source of the injury will help a lot in terms of figuring out how long to rest, what alternative exercise is safe, and what type of rehab exercises are needed.

Just my two cents - from the person who has tried to work around an ankle injury, more than once, only to make it worse in the long run.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »

First, I'll give you the answer you want....
    -swimming (as I said before just be careful with the flutter kick and pushing off)
    -spin bike - at an easy pace with low resistance - it won't burn a ton of calories, but you can rack up some minutes. The key is to find the right amount of resistance so that you are still pushing the pedals (not the pedals pushing you) without stressing the ankle.
    -any upperbody lifting and abdominal work
    -possibly yoga
    -possibly water aerobics or aqua jogging

I get it. I've been there, many times, many many many many times.

Now the answer you don't want.......You've got to rest it. And be careful. It could be a minor strain. It could be achilles tendinitis (pain would be localized to back of the ankle). It could be a stress fracture. It could be something else. The immediate treatment for all of the above is going to be rest, and ice, and ibuprofen. But how long you rest, and what you do after that can vary widely depending on what is the cause of the pain. Not letting it rest now could make it worse, and drag out your recovery time. I do understand. I really really do. I've also had A LOT of ankle injuries. I'm sorry to be Debby Downer, and I certainly am not intending to criticize. It is with the best of intentions and genuine concern that I say, you really should get it checked out. Knowing the source of the injury will help a lot in terms of figuring out how long to rest, what alternative exercise is safe, and what type of rehab exercises are needed.

Just my two cents - from the person who has tried to work around an ankle injury, more than once, only to make it worse in the long run.

I know I know I know.....

Okay... I'll stop. Now I really have to focus on diet.

I really enjoyed yoga from the 1st Amazing Race. I got this YOGA modified for men and done in a way that doesn't make you feel like it emasculates me.

Swimming today went really well. There are absolutely no issues... even pushing off the walls. Admittedly I was tentative and bias the good foot.

I guess that is my plan. I am going to book doctors appointment for it as well. aaarrrggggg....

Tomorrow....12 hours in a car. 0 minutes.
  • smile_laughter
    Options
    I love the responses and variations of workouts for Vowder. Very cool.

I agree with ka97 - don't push it! Be careful.

Anyways......it's been one of those days where I have absolutely no desire to smile or laugh. So, I hope everyone else has had a much better day. (sorry for the language below.....but it made me laugh.....and I needed that......so back off). ;) (please take that as sarcasm......please.......)

pkcfrj3r7feu.png

• 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,985 Member
    Options
    So back to Dr. Today. Had a reaction to medicine. Been drinking my water. Should be up for a little activity tomorrow. Plan to go back to work. Sorry guys. I never get sick!!!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I'm up to my eyeballs in water. Day 2 down.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    @120maggie, glad you're on the mend, that is a horrible bug that's going around.

@junodog1 - you and me both!! I feel like I'm being waterboarded!! ;)

@Vowder - at least all that sitting will rest the ankle. Those toe/heel exercises in the Jessica and Peanut video this week might help to gently stretch your ankles too. Hope it gets feeling better soon.
  • smile_laughter
    Options
    Good morning everyone

I hope you have a great day
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Team 1,

Not been feeling good since yesterday. I tired to complete challenge 1 and I somehow messed my knee. Yesterday evening I had stomach flu so I won't be able to put in any mins today. I will rest up today and will start from tomorrow.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Goodness, we have a lot of injuries and ailments going around! Stop it! Everybody get well and that's an order!

Things here in rainy Florida are going great. My plan for today is to get a couple of videos in for the various challenges I'm in. Hopefully the rain will quit before I have to head out in my errands. Water is always an easy one for me (unless it's the stupid drink NOTHING but water-coffee is a necessity!) so I'm two days down for that challenge. I should have a fair bit of minutes this week between golf two times, all the videos, my regular workout on Monday and I'm working a golf tournament on Saturday before going to a ball that night. Had to go buy a dress yesterday and that was depressing since I've gone up in scale weight and size. So I looked for a sale dress since I hope to not be in this size for long. Pickings were slim I must say. I found something that fits so at least I won't be naked but it doesn't wow me. Wow, I sound like eeyore!

Not to look too far ahead but I probably won't be doing the next season depending when it starts. There is a strong possibility of me having surgery in late March. It was originally going to be in late June but our son might be doing an internship in England this summer and I want to be able to go visit and I can't travel for 8 weeks post surgery. I can't do ANYTHING for 8 weeks post surgery! That was one reason I was doing it in June so it would be the hottest time of year when I couldn't golf. I'm gonna get fat as a house without exercise!

Ok, everybody feel better and have a good day!