alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    @PompPanda I'm enjoying my FBC2. Haven't had any issues yet. :smile:
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    It's so good to be back!

Welcome to the new teammates!

After all the eating with family I am up 7 lbs! I'm perversely proud of that. I expect most will drop by the end of the week and starting next week I'll know the real damage and make any needed corrections.

So far this week this week I've only been out dog walking and dog running. I hope to make it to the pool this weekend. Team, feel free to hold me accountable to that. The lap pool is cold so the thought of swimming in January was more than I can take. But today I wished I could turn on the AC. Since running the AC in February is perverse I toughed it out but it's no longer too cold to swim. No more excuses.

Oh, some good news. My gym (really a school owned community center) is in the process of trying out yoga instructors. We might get yoga! I'm excited. Fingers crossed it's at a time I can go. Double cross that the instructor chooses music that I can tolerate (please, please, please no whale songs).
  • alipsie19
    Options
    @shauna30 and the entire gang - We've got this!!!

21 Feb:
    Morning -
    30min Calisthenics
    -1x 30 sit-ups
    -1x 1:00/side Side plank
    -1x 30 Russian Twist 10lb DB
    -1x 30 Bicycle Crunch
    -1x 30 Crunch
    -1x 2:00 Elbow Plank
    -1x 30 4ct Mountain Climbers
    -1x 30 4ct Jumping Jacks
    -1x 30 Supermans
    -1x 30/side Windmills
    -3x 30 Push-ups
    -4x 10 Chin-ups
    During Work -
    67min Walk @ 13:10pace 666cals

After Work -
    24min Cardio & Leg video
    40min Chair Cardio and Strength video w/10lb db
    Evening:
    10min Treadmill warmup @ 10:00 pace
    24min Treadmill Sprints 353cals
    1min Sprint, 2min Recovery @ 10:00 pace
    2 Sprints @ 8:27
    2 Sprints @ 8:00
    2 Sprints @ 7:30
    2 Sprints @ 6:57
    5min Cooldown @ 20:00 pace
    Gym (Back):
    20min Active & Passive Rotator Cuff Stretch
    58min Weights
    -10s/10r deadlift 10x135
    SS
    -5s/10r seated row5x100lbs
    -5s/10r Cable Straight bar Curls 5x60lbs
    SS
    -5s/10r wide grip pulldowns 5x100lbs
    -5s/10r Cable Rope Curls 5x50lbs
    SS
    -5/10r decline Pullovers 5x45lbs
    -5s/10r reverse grip pulldowns 5x100lbs
    10min stretch and cool down

Light day in the gym tonight. Lot of shoulder throbbing!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    DON'T FORGET TO UPDATE YOUR WEIGHT, IF YOU WANT TO BE INCLUDED ON THE WEIGHT LEADER LIST!

ALSO, If you want to use the Weight Tracker, but DON'T want to appear on the Weight Loss Leader Sheet, message me privately.
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    @alipsie - Looks like you got in a great walk!

I only got in a short walk yesterday since I ended up having to polish my son's cadet boots and teach him so he can do it from now on. Tonight after cadets I am going to hit the gym for a longer workout.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone!
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @alipsie19 always impressed at your workouts! How long do they take you?

As for me this week, I'm a little under the weather with a cold. It sucks, but I have zero desire to eat so I may actually have a decent loss this week LOL. I know I'll definitely get the water challenge in because it's pretty much all I drink, and I'll try the Jessica Smith video because I girl crush over her (whatever motivates, right?)... I forget what the other challenge is. I'll try it but can't promise because my energy is about -8 right now, 10 mins on my exercise bike yesterday morning had me lead-legged up until... well, I still am haha. I need a good sleep and some tablets, I'll be good to go next week I hope.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    @EternalTruth
    Let him know that shining his boots and shoes is something that never goes away. It does seem to be a lost art though. I see so many professionals on a daily basis that do not have a clue. :smile:

@RunRaineyRun
    Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
    My morning routine can last anywhere from 30min (if I oversleep) to just over an hour.

During the day at work is based on time available.

After work usually depends on what I did that morning as well as things such as the challenges. I try to keep it at or under an hour.

Evenings I dedicate to weights and cardio. Those depend on the cycle that I'm in. Right now I'm in an endurance cycle because I have a race coming up. Typically, I spend anywhere from 2-4hrs in the gym. During Strength phases I'm only in there from 1.5-3hrs.
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    alipsie19 wrote: »
    Tonight is my mall walk night and then C25K as well as resistance training so a busy night of activity.
    ~ Truth
    Wanted to join you at the mall, so I walked the airport parking garage. :smiley:
    meihmp09uhnp.png

Oh that's right, it was you two.
    I set out for 10 min. I walked over an hour... the first time. Lol
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    I saw your posts then...
    I walked thru Venice! (Aka. Walked for an hour while watching the videos etc.).
    Props!
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,172 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Also,
    Challenge 1 Complete! I liked it and might use it again for a warm up this week.

And there's this infused yumminess!
    rmbgwdjwun13.jpg
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Dictorbutt wrote: »
    And there's this infused yumminess!
    Looks great!
  • alipsie19
    Options
    22 Feb
    Morning:
    30min Calisthenics
    -1x 30 sit-ups
    -1x 1:00/side Side plank
    -1x 30 Bicycle Crunch
    -1x 30 Crunch
    -2x 2:00 Elbow Plank
    -1x 30 4ct Jumping Jacks
    -1x 30 Supermans
    -1x 30/side Windmills
    -1x 30 Burpees
    -3x 30 Push-ups
    -4x 10 Chin-ups
    10min Yoga (Sun Salutations)
    During the Day:
    37min Walk
    54min Walk
    After Work:
    Actually walked my neighbor's dog. It was so much fun I forgot to start my FB
    Evening:
    20min Active & Passive Rotator Cuff
    Treadmill
    5min @ 20:00pace
    77min Circuit Training 882cals
    11 rounds
    -1x Rope climb
    -1x :30 Jump Rope
    -1x Sandbag Hoist
    -5x 30" Box Jumps
    -1x Sled Pull 20yds & drag return
    -1x :30 Butt Kickers
    -1x Weight Carry 60yds (2 55lb Kb)
    -1x Ladder Drill of Choice down and back
    -8x Tire Flip
    -10x Hex Bar Squats w/90lbs
    -1x Sandbag Carry
    20min @ 20:00pace
    10min Cool down Stretch
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I finished both 1 & 2 challenges. Glad to get them finished! 3/5 days of water - so far so good!
    Both my kids are in playoffs/provincials now - one for hockey and one for ringette. Son graduates this year, so we are down to the last few weeks of heading to the rink to watch him play. This is very sad for me. Hockey has been such a big part of our life! I guess I can still head out to watch his "beer league" games, but it just won't be the same. :(

Daughter plays tonight, -get this - top two teams of league are playing tonight, whoever losses is out, and it's not even the finals yet. Yikes! :# Send good vibes our way!! LOL!!
  • alipsie19
    Options
    enuf200 wrote: »
    Hockey has been such a big part of our life! I guess I can still head out to watch his "beer league" games, but it just won't be the same. :(

Daughter plays tonight, -get this - top two teams of league are playing tonight, whoever losses is out, and it's not even the finals yet. Yikes! :# Send good vibes our way!! LOL!!

Good luck to your daughter tonight. And no, beer league isn't nearly as much fun to watch. Mine's been playing for a while now and it's as gongshow as it gets.
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    enuf200 wrote: »
    I finished both 1 & 2 challenges. Glad to get them finished! 3/5 days of water - so far so good!
    Both my kids are in playoffs/provincials now - one for hockey and one for ringette. Son graduates this year, so we are down to the last few weeks of heading to the rink to watch him play. This is very sad for me. Hockey has been such a big part of our life! I guess I can still head out to watch his "beer league" games, but it just won't be the same. :(

Good luck. I totally understand where you are coming from with wrapping up sports with your kids. My only daughter will be a senior next year and she does a sport in all 3 seasons of high school. Cheer, gymnastics and track for pole vaulting. We will miss having the events to attend. My husband asked it would be funny if we just kept going to everything even though we have no kids in the school. Hahaha
  • alipsie19
    Options
    23 Feb
    Morning:
    30min Calisthenics
    -1x 30 sit-ups
    -1x 30 Bicycle Crunch
    -1x 30 Crunch
    -2x 2:00 Elbow Plank
    -1x 30 4ct Jumping Jacks
    -1x 30 Supermans
    -1x 30/side Windmills
    -1x 30 Burpees
    -3x 30 Push-ups
    -4x 10 Chin-ups
    10min Yoga (Sun Salutations)
    During the Day:
    Nada, just plain wore out!!☹️
    After Work:
    Nada
    Evening:
    Shoulders
    20min Active & Passive Rotator Cuff
    111min Weight Training 744cals
    10s/10r DB Overhead Press
    SS -10s/10r Upright Rows
    -10s/10r Front Plate Raise
    -10s/10r Bench Dips
    10s/15r Medicine ball Overhead Toss
    SS -10s/15r 4ct Jumping Jacks
    -10s/10r Rear Delt Deck
    -10s/10r Reverse Grip Press-down
    10s -:45 Handstand Hold
    SS -10s/10r DB Lat Raise
    -10s/10r DB Front Raise
    -10s/10r Straight bar Press-down
    10min Cool down Stretch
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I finished the chair workout after aquajogging today. I was really surprised that a workout in a chair could be so demanding. I've been doing pieces of it all week and think that would be a great workout to do more regularly.
    How is the week going for everyone? @enuf200 I had to laugh when you asked if you could keep going to the games because yesterday I went to my daughter's last church basketball game and she didn't even come! She was too busy with responsibilities at school and didn't make it in time to play the game. So, I can tell you that, yes, you can keep going. The parents were happy to have me there even though my daughter wasn't even in the building :smile:
    We haven't had a QOD for a while. I'd know several of you participate in multiple challenges. I'm partial to the Amazing Race but wanted to know if you participate in others and what you like about them.
    • I love the Amazing Race challenge because it's so well organized, there is great team support and we get to learn about such beautiful places. I like that I know what to expect each week, two physical challenges and one food challenge. I love the spreadsheets because it's nice to know where you stand.
    • I also participate in the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge and am amazed with their creativity. I read the books a long time ago and enjoyed them but am not a crazy fan like some of the players. I love to see their passion. I like that they give credit for different levels of exercise and have new events that come up all of the time. They have a lot going on and there was a big learning curve in the beginning.
    • I tried the Biggest Loser Challenge and liked the accountability to weigh in but missed the weekly challenges I get from other challenges. I thought there would be more than just a weigh in. Maybe I was missing something and doing it wrong.
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    @shauna30 - Great question! I totally forgot to post a QOTD recently...lol.

I am doing the Biggest Loser challenge. I think it depends on what team you are on as each team is supposed to set up weekly challenges and there is a list of suggestions they can draw from.

I am doing the New Year New You - Drop 20 by April 1st which is basically just a weigh in thread

I did the Hogwarts one many years ago and loved it and started in the fall again but slacked off of posting so I felt guilty and quit posting in that one.

Amazing Race is the first one I have done that was geared toward physical activity rather than weight loss which has been a really nice change up for me.
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    We are currently in 3rd place for the week! Go team.
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I did Biggest Loser a few seasons back and then dropped out bcos I was not really into weight loss and the challenges were redundant.

I currently do Amazing race and Hogwarts. I really like this one bcos there's no weigh-in and the information about new places and cultures and I love trying out new workouts.

@shauna30 I'm one of those crazy Hogwarts fans ;) I have been wanting to quit bcos I have been in maintenance for two years and want to try without logging and weighing in regularly...but it's like home and I can't seem to let go!

The other challenge I do is Game of Thrones...pretty simple really..we are set a target each week for cardio, strength and flex minutes. Apart from that, we have a weekly food challenge and two physical challenges set by the small council and the winning team from the previous week. I like it bcos I get to try new workouts and at the same time, it fits in nicely with my current goals.