Mom2Annie's Progress Thread

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    @1MADGIRL that's what I'm planning on, thanks for the advice :)
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    I also almost always eat a multi-vitamin and mineral suppliment and I have also taken ACV a lot of the time also which I need to get back to doing. I always felt (true or not) that getting in the protein and the vitamins helped me to not be as hungry the next day.[/quote]

I agree...I definitely see a correlation between getting in enough protein and nutrients and my level of hunger the next day.

I was taking gummy multi-vitamins (3 a day bc 2 is the rec. dosage but they're pretty old) but I stopped when I started counting carbs. Each gummy has 3 grams of carbs...crazy. I am going to start them again though...with my meal.

I also recently started other supplements and the collection keeps growing. My bank account is not happy!

Coconut oil gel caps (bc I can't stand the taste of coconut oil)
    ACV pills (the more ACV I drank, the more nauseating it became)
    Super Enzymes - with hydrochloric acid added (for better digestion)
    Vitamin D - According to my doctor, I'm deficient (I avoid the sun when possible)
    Potassium - Prescription strength bc I'm also deficient in that one per my doc
    Probiotic
    Turmeric
    B Complex with Vitamin C
  • Brendalea69
    I take daily...
    2000 IU Vitamin D3 (I love the sun but it doesn't love me)

500 mg. Magnesium Citrate (Helps keeps the BMs regular and also good for my bones)

• Mom2annie
    I take daily...

500 mg. Magnesium Citrate (Helps keeps the BMs regular and also good for my bones)

That's the one I still need to get...Magnesium! Thanks for the reminder. :)
  • Brendalea69
    Mom2annie wrote: »
    I take daily...

That's the one I still need to get...Magnesium! Thanks for the reminder. :)

You're welcome :)
  • EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    I'm going to try Epsom salts for magnesium when my current bottle runs out. I've read a study where it was shown to be absorbed through the skin in the bath. Yay! An excuse to lie in the tub!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    My supplements are a multi-vitamin (for men over 50), fish oil, cinnamon, D3, and probably one soak in an epsom salts bath once a week for magnesium (I read the same thing as @evp_nz). Now let me say this: you have to be careful where you buy supplements. I bought D3 supplements and from Walmart, took them daily, and guess what blood work showed as a deficiency? D3! My doc put me on once a week Maximum D3 (link below), no prescription required, but it's behind the pharmacist's counter (in USA). D3 problem solved.

I had a similar problem with niacin for cholesterol control . . . off the shelf stuff was garbage.

I told a dietitian about this experience, and she agreed that the quality control of supplements is all over the place. She suggested I look for the USP badge on over the counter supplements, it's surprisingly rare. The multi-vitamin I take has this. (link below).

Now on fish oil. I used to have horrible problems with burping the fishy taste. I was told that's because it's gone rancid, you have to make sure you don't buy it off the shelf, but get it from a store that keeps their oil supplements refrigerated. Now I buy Spectrum fish oil from a health food store that keeps it refrigerated.

Maximum D3

USP verified supplements

Spectrum fish oil
  • Mom2annie
    I'm loving all the supplement advice. Thank you!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    leveejohn wrote: »
    My supplements are a multi-vitamin (for men over 50), fish oil, cinnamon, D3, and probably one soak in an epsom salts bath once a week for magnesium (I read the same thing as @evp_nz). Now let me say this: you have to be careful where you buy supplements. I bought D3 supplements and from Walmart, took them daily, and guess what blood work showed as a deficiency? D3! My doc put me on once a week Maximum D3 (link below), no prescription required, but it's behind the pharmacist's counter (in USA). D3 problem solved.

I had a similar problem with niacin for cholesterol control . . . off the shelf stuff was garbage.

I told a dietitian about this experience, and she agreed that the quality control of supplements is all over the place. She suggested I look for the USP badge on over the counter supplements, it's surprisingly rare. The multi-vitamin I take has this. (link below).

Now on fish oil. I used to have horrible problems with burping the fishy taste. I was told that's because it's gone rancid, you have to make sure you don't buy it off the shelf, but get it from a store that keeps their oil supplements refrigerated. Now I buy Spectrum fish oil from a health food store that keeps it refrigerated.

Maximum D3

USP verified supplements

Spectrum fish oil

Thanks for the links!
  • Mom2annie
    I ate two meals a day Sat and Sun. Saturday I was home all day and I lost my resolve. Sunday I had gatherings with meals to attend. I decided beforehand to go with it. Pretty sure I'm now holding fluid I wasn't holding before, but I'm not upset with myself. I'm back on track today and feeling good. I didn't go crazy (no sweets and ate mindfully) which is probably why I don't feel like I fell off the wagon.

Did you all have a good weekend?
  • Mom2annie
    I just remembered that I have a farewell luncheon to attend at work tomorrow (informal) for my vice president who is moving to a different department. I seem to remember a video or a thread about dealing with work functions that don't fit into your eating window. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'd appreciate it. I ate two meals a day both Saturday and Sunday and don't want to start a trend by eating off schedule tomorrow as well.

The crowd will be small (about 12-15) and in a cramped conference room...so there's no hiding from anyone. Everyone gets into everyone else's business.

Thanks!
  • Brendalea69
    I think you can change your eating window for the day as long as you only eat once that day :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    You can change your eating pattern, or say something like that you're getting routine blood tests and can't take anything hours before ?

When my friend did low carb she would take some food with her and then discard it. it's a waste of food, sure but it does keep them from asking questions
  • Mom2annie
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    You can change your eating pattern, or say something like that you're getting routine blood tests and can't take anything hours before ?

When my friend did low carb she would take some food with her and then discard it. it's a waste of food, sure but it does keep them from asking questions

Thanks for the ideas. ☺ You too @brendagaudette
  • leveejohn
    Good weekend, but a little off track so far this week . . . time to get it in gear!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Eat a salad with some protein in it.
  • Mom2annie
    No salad. It was a low budget party so just deli sandwiches, chips, some fruit and tons of chocolate. The guy loves chocolate more than oxygen so there was chocolate covered everything. I had a sandwich, small bag of chips, a dozen strawberries, and three brownie bites. I didn't get hungry at my usual eating time (dinner) but head hunger hit hard so I made parmesan/jalapeno crisps. I did way better than I would've done in my pre-OMAD days, so I'm okay with it. The TMAD and eating out of my window is not going to become a habit though. I'm way happier, more energetic, and feel better when I'm eating OMAD and staying on track!
  • EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    Head hunger is the perfect word for it. Saving that one for later! :)
  • leveejohn
    I find when I hit the chocolate my 'head hunger' monster really wakes up! I like to keep that big ol' boy asleep in his cave as much as I can . . . :p
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I can relate!