TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ugh. Only 35 minutes so far today. Ready to start challenge two now. I'll be posting that in ---oh about an hour. The Daytona 500 is on. Such a distraction.

Boogity Boogity Boogity!!
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    wholesale-halloween-sexy-nurse-costume-nurse.jpg
    @Vowder: Perhaps she can help you
    with that ankle? :D
    I think chasing her made it worse. LOL.

Who knew that a sitting workout could be so tough.

I like to think I have good cardio but I could not keep up with her. Excellent exercise for the hurt ankle though.

What gives me solace is her comment about not having anyone else in the house. Hmmm... I got busted today by my wife but she is so fed up with cleaning up after the puppies I don't think she had enough energy to laugh.

I'll post the latest pictures in a bit.

Didn't watch the city videos until today. Normally I watch them Monday morning at the office. Because of that, the race didn't feel real this week. Glad the week is over and I am sure looking forward to where we may be going next week. Giving the existing path, could be ANYWHERE!

Looking forward to a hard week of racing followed by some great pampering.

The week is done. Time for a shower, steak dinner, a drink, and a little TV.
  • Vowder
    Options
    BTW...

I rarely end up counting the minutes while I watch the videos... mostly because I watch them a work. This week I watched them while stretching around my workouts. It is a great time to do it, and besides, then I can count the minutes. (Normally I don't count pre/post stretching minutes)

Anyway... just a thought. They added 30 minutes to my total this week.

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I got my minutes! Come on team let's squeak by another win this week!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @junodog1: Don't forget about Callenge #2 in the excitement of the "other" race! :)
    @Vowder: Hope chasing that nurse didn't cause further injury! Good job on the challenges!

@Vowder had an excellent point Team One! If you haven't already done so, watch the 30 minutes of the Venice videos, stay active while doing so, and boo-yah, 30 more minutes for the team! "Staying active" can be as little as mild stretching to petting your furbabies! <3
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My minutes for the day including challenge two are done and edited in teh spreadsheet. That puts us ahead. (Crossing fingers)
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Hey team, sorry not to have checked in this weekend. I just updated the spreadsheet - all challenges complete and made it over 700 minutes.

We had such great weather on Friday and until about noon on Saturday. Even a record high of 70 degrees on Friday. I was able to get some running in and lots of walking with Stella on Friday and I did some shopping for my upcoming trip this week. I am so excited - I bought size 8 pants for the first time in my entire adult life! I could just cry thinking about it. I got some cute pink ankle pants and I felt cute and classic instead of wondering if I looked too fat in them. Can't wait to wear them.

Saturday morning I ran for 8 miles - longest run since October. In short sleeves too. Then I took Stella for a 5 mile hike and we ALMOST made it home before the weather turned on a dime and a cold rain pounded down. We had to book it the last half mile and we both looked like drowned rats. Then it snowed a bit overnight and was so cold and windy this morning. And I was volunteering for a half marathon at the finish line and was outside in that cold for hours. I wished I was running the darn thing because at least I'd be warmer! It took so much of the day, then I had to do some work before a meeting tomorrow. Finally tonight got to the challenge 1 video, which I surprisingly liked pretty well.

You guys, this week is a crazy one. Lots of stuff to cram into the next two days at work and then I leave on Wednesday for a conference in Scottsdale AZ. Yay for warm weather! The forecast looks great there so I am excited to get some running in and sitting around and drinking margaritas! Oh yeah, and attending the conference, sure.

So, I'll do my best but might be lower on minutes and checking in less this week.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Omg! @katharmonic -we will be in Scottsdale the following week! We leave this Friday, spend a couple nights in flagstaff then a few nights in Sedona before heading to the meeting. Would have been so fun if we were there at the same time!

I'm sure hoping next weeks racing involves lots of outside work!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Oh, @cardbucfan so close! I wish I was going to Sedona too. I go to this conference almost every year and I keep meaning to add on some time but it never quite works out. This time I'm actually cutting it a bit shorter than usual so I'll have to soak up as much sun as I can in a few days.
  • Vowder
    Options
    Here are some puppy pictures. They are exhausted. 4 families came to play with them today and pick out their favorite.

bmdtdy73kqyk.jpg
    le82bsefy6kt.jpg
    lzujw16767a5.jpg
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    As of right now we are tied at 1st with @mswanger09 not having any minutes this week. Will she get them entered before the deadline?? I hope so.

This has been a tough week for us. I had to go and force myself to do some extra minutes before bed because my total for the week was 666. Can't have that!!

Win or lose this week we all deserve a big pat of the back for getting through all the injuries and sickness we've encountered!! That's something to be very proud of. And I'm very honored to be on the best team there is.
    Gnite everyone. See you in my morning

• CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    TamiJo1004 wrote: »
    I was shooting for 155 mins today go max out but after another night of not sleeping well. The dog wanted out and got into a skunk. While we were dealing with this the 3 year old woke up.... Then my heart is heavy. I don't much care for Braxxen's dad but the rest of the family has become like a 2nd family. I have to communicate and keep relationship with them for Braxxen. I saw how hard they worked for the baby and how much love they gave him. So it breaks my heart that he has went to Heaven and they are hurting. Then there is the fact Braxxen would come back talking out the "Bebe" his version of baby. He loved his little cousin. So I don't know I might put my frustration in exercise and get my mind today or I might bury my head in the sand.

Prayers go out to you and your family member..
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    1m7lfntqn4ku.jpg
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Oh my , we tied for first , good job considering all the illness and injury ❤️❤️
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,260 Member
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »
    Here are some puppy pictures. They are exhausted. 4 families came to play with them today and pick out their favorite.

bmdtdy73kqyk.jpg
    le82bsefy6kt.jpg
    lzujw16767a5.jpg

Soooooo much cuteness! Love, LOVE, LOVE!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @Vowder! Those babies are too cute! <3
    I think they will appreciate the next destination, which will be posted soon!

GREAT WORK TEAM ONE! WE WERE BRUISED AND BATTERED, BUT WE HELD ON! :)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    WEEK SIX DESTINATION IS UP
    AND RUNNING!
    HOPE YOU HAVE FUN!
    :)
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @Vowder so cute!
    Great work team! We had a lot of obstacles this week and we still managed to tie for first place! Awesome teamwork!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Well done Team! And @vowder-I know they are so much work (just one of many reasons we didn't breed Bailey) but how do you stand that much cuteness?!?!

I LOVE Alaska! And we did dog sledding in Canada many, many moons ago. My husband still says it's one of the best things we've ever done! So happy with these challenges this week. Whew! I'm off to the gym in a few to start racking up minutes!