Drinks

TravellerRay
TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
I have seen a few posts about snacks, but what do you drink, especially at night. Most of what I like is now on the bad list. Even my tomato juice has had sugar added. Currently surviving on sparkling water but it does get boring.

Replies

• PaulRaymond
    PaulRaymond Posts: 5 Member
    Slimline tonic or diet cola. If I need to "unwind" a couple of gins and slimline tonic are good.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Tequila, diet tonic, and lime juice :)
    Good vodka or scotch, straight up
    But in my case alcohol winds me up, not unwinds me, lol.

Make up a big batch of hot flavourful herbal tea like Red Zinger, or Peach, or Liquorice Spice - in the winter drink it hot, in the summer let it cool and store it in the fridge. Infused water with cucumber or mint is nice when it's hot too.
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    edited March 2017
    I drink A LOT of green tea (mostly matcha), around 6+ big cups of it a day. Also bulletproof / keto coffee regularly too. I just started drinking those La Croix drinks (still just feeling them out though). Post workout I'll have some unsweetened vanilla almond milk with my EAS Myoplex protein blend & MCT oil. Aside from all that, I just stick with plain water unless I'm mixing in an Eco Drink multivitamin powder pack or ACV.
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Vodka, sparkling water, quarter of a lime squeezed in.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    I drink the Walmart brand of Crystal Light and coffee mostly.
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    I am cutting back on the alcohol anyway. But isn't alcohol a sugar? Thought that would be on the bad list too?
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Water, tea, coffee (mornings only). I rarely drink alcohol, but prefer whisky and scotch straight-up when I do.
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    La Croix, Bai, Zevia, Coffee, Tea, mostly water.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    I don't DRINK any more. But I drink flavored water (like Mio and Crystal Light) in the evening and Raspberry Zinger or Cinnamon Apple Spice tea (brewed with a bag of Sleepytime Tea or Tension Tamer).
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    I'm useless in this discussion, I pretty much drink only coffee and water lol. But I've never been a soda or juice person. I do like sparkling water though, and I usually flavor it myself with lemon or lime sometimes mint. My mom makes sun tea like @canadjineh talked about I do like that, I just never think to do it myself.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Water with enhancer. Seltzer with enhancer. Decaf coffee. Bengal Spice Decaf (Celestial), Constant Comment Decaf (Bigelow). My homemade Chai: water, fresh ginger, green cardamom pods, cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon sticks.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Through the day - coffee and water
    Evenings - Sleepytime tea or a diet caffeine free soft drink
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Tequila, diet tonic, and lime juice :)
    Good vodka or scotch, straight up
    But in my case alcohol winds me up, not unwinds me, lol.

Make up a big batch of hot flavourful herbal tea like Red Zinger, or Peach, or Liquorice Spice - in the winter drink it hot, in the summer let it cool and store it in the fridge. Infused water with cucumber or mint is nice when it's hot too.

So if you have a couple glasses of vodka, you're ready to tango the night away? Wow :o
  • RalfLott
    @TravellerRay - Straight booze is not a sugar. In fact, it's an anti-sugar as far as your liver's concerned....

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10453373/alcohol-carbs-t2d-contd-from-just-blew-up-the-low-carb-life
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited March 2017
    Evenings it is hot tea in winter, chilled teas in the summer months. We keep a variety on hand. I even keep Smooth Move around, in case I need a little extra help in that department. Best for relaxing seems to be Chamomile, Lemon Balm (easy to grow, just don't plant near anything else, it will over run it, best kept in a large pot), and the mints.

We do have wine with our meals often, just a glass for me, two for hubby.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    I'm trying to lessen my coffee addiction and I have always drank plenty of water because I like it! I infuse it often with citrus, berries, herbs or cucumber. I'm thankful that this is not a struggle for me. The only time I have ever drank juice is when its diluted with alcohol (cranberry or pink grapefruit with soda & vodka or OJ with champagne)... which I try not to do anymore, easier to just have the alcohol. I am a lover of stouts and porters, well beer in general, so I still work into my numbers once in awhile. I feel no guilt enjoying a few ounces of chardonnay either!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Lots of water with lemon, unsweetened iced tea, keto coffee, a little bit of Mio and also lots of flavored seltzers. I like to stick with Tito's vodka when I go out because I am sure it is gluten free and low carb.
  • RalfLott
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    Lots of water with lemon, unsweetened iced tea, keto coffee, a little bit of Mio and also lots of flavored seltzers. I like to stick with Tito's vodka when I go out because I am sure it is gluten free and low carb.

All vodkas (and gins, tequila, and whiskeys) should be GF and LC! ( Even Everclear... Just sayin'.)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Water, coffee, a wide variety of teas.
    Sometimes diet soda (my favorite is Diet A&W. I also like some flavors of Zevia) though I'm trying not to drink that as much. Sometimes I add Mio to my water.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Vodka, sparkling water, bouillon, diet tonic, fruit flavoured still water. At the weekend, a glass of wine or prosecco with dinner.

And this! I have been GF for nearly 3 years now, I rarely drink anything but spirits and wine.
    RalfLott wrote: »
    StacyChrz wrote: »

All vodkas (and gins, tequila, and whiskeys) should be GF and LC! ( Even Everclear... Just sayin'.)