Weekly Challenge: March 1st-March 7th

Options

Replies

• dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to these weekly challenges. I am hoping they will help to keep me on track each day. I am cutting out sweets and most carbs, using my tracker and walking 5 miles a day. I need to work on hydrating myself more each day. Thanks for letting me join your group.
  • broomnic
    broomnic Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Log daily and hit at least 10,000 steps
  • Shiloh2112
    Shiloh2112 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This week (So far) I have walked 20,000 steps a day, posted my meals on MFP, and I pre-planned meals and snacks. Last night I posted this:

Grocery shopping Accountability

2 marinaded chicken breast
    1 lb marinated fajita beef, onions peppers
    1 bag of salad with carrots and cabbage,
    Ole Mission taco kit w/ soft & hard tacos
    Huge veggie tray (on sale)
    Chobani crunch yogurt (100 calories only)
    A little cup of Nutter butter bites
    Blueberry cream protein smoothie
    Saute mix of asparagus, onion, mushroom
    Tub of fresh made guacamole
    150 count multi gummy vitamins (ran out on Tuesday)

This is what I figured out for meals:

Use veggie tray, bag salad, guacamole, and fajita beef to make tacos. (Tuesday and Wednesday)

Veggie tray for weekly snackies

Chicken breast meat, bag salad, guacamole and veggie tray for taco wraps (Thursday and Friday)

Saute mix with chicken breast meat. (Saturday)

Bag salad, veggie tray with tuna fish for tacos OR salad. (Add pumpkin seeds and dressing) (Friday and Sunday)

Protein smoothie added to oats to make overnight oats. (For Breakfast some time this week)

I try to remember this: What I eat in private, shows up in public. So any sneaky junk food eating (which I haven't been doing since I have been eating healthy fats like avocados, pumpkin seeds, almonds, and salmon, curbs all my cake, cookie and junk food eating.) shows up on my body. Eat clean, live clean, be happy. :)

Good luck everyone!!!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Working out at least 5 times per week. Eating less and moving more!
  • JewelsM40
    JewelsM40 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I plan to follow an Eat-Clean lifestyle program, complete a couch potato to 5K Runner program that runs for 8wks, 3x a week. This is one thing I have not done before (Run a 5K Marathon). So with your challenges and everything else I plan for me... I hope to get to where we all hope we get to be by the end of these 3 months.
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My fitbit broke for good this time today for a second time I had to krazy glue it together before but now it's toast. Still pumped on the next few weeks just no step tracking right now lol I'll get a new one once I'm done school in the spring! Just a little sad
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    My plan is to check in here daily even if I am at work and it is 4 am!! I am getting better at logging everything and string under calories. Now I need to get more active. My last go-round I loved going to the gym several times a week but now I seem to have an aversion to it. Could be due to the fact that I am now working full time shift work and am constantly tired!!
  • MissCarol863
    MissCarol863 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My daily step goal is now 10,000 steps ....from 7,000/day. I got rid of my ice cream, and made a vow to myself to not have any more Whoppers with cheese. I bought brussel sprouts, baby carrots, and apples to snack on instead of chips. It's a big change for me, but I'm ready! (I work 12 hour night shifts, so I'm home 4 nights a week with Netflix. Snacking is a major, major problem for me.) I plan on reading and utilizing the different diet tips. Thank you for this group!
  • twosteplove
    twosteplove Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My weekly goal this week is start off strong and stick with it. I've had an account on here for awhile but never really used it. Now I am going to use it everyday, especially to log what I eat. I am also started an Isagenix program and am going to stick to it. I am wearing my fitbit as well to log my daily steps. I have a step goal of 10,000 daily. I hope everyone has a great first week!
  • Snowfairy2015
    Snowfairy2015 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I will strive to incorporate as much movement into my day as possible. I installed a pull up bar in my doorway and will hang from it whenever possible. Working on restoring range of motion on my hips and knees after a traumatic fall so I will follow the 30 day squat challenge by Ido Portal. Spend a total of 30 minutes a day for 30 days in a relaxed squat. This will be spread throughout the day. Also striving to take at least 10,000 steps. Following the monthly challenge as well.
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I joined MFP on Feb. 7th, and have logged religously since then! I plan to keep this up, and continue eating at a defecit by making smarter choices and really thinking about if a certain food is worth the calorie count before eating it (I absolutely love ranch. But with the amount I was eating of it, it could easily add 300 calories to just one meal - no thanks)! In the time since I've joined, I've only missed hitting the gym one day. To 'get moving,' I plan to keep up my trips to the gym, and also make sure that I am incorporating more cardio while I am there (I was doing a lot of the strength training classes before, which are great, just not as efficient at burning calories). I'm so excited to be a part of this group and can't wait to see everyone's progress!
  • EmilyCowlard2016
    EmilyCowlard2016 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, I started on MFP in August logging food and exercising every morning before work and I lost 16 pounds! I took a break from logging from Dec-Feb and gained a few back but now I'm ready to start logging and loosing again. My biggest challenges are snacking on junk at work, not working out on the weekend and having some drinks on the weekend too! These bad habits need to stop and I would also like to add some more exercise to see the results I want by summer. Good luck to all. we can do this!
  • Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am going to drink green smoothies and eat only fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds and eggs. I will exercise 2x daily min 30 mins or longer.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Shellanfit wrote: »
    I am going to drink green smoothies and eat only fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds and eggs. I will exercise 2x daily min 30 mins or longer.

I'm a big fan of a green smoothie for breakfast!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Count me in as a green smoothie groupie!
  • diroka
    diroka Posts: 48 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've signed myself up for a pair of races in late April/early May, so I'm training for them while nursing a 9 month old, and eating at a slight deficit... hoping to continue to see results!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Step 1. Eat less. Done. And logged it too
    Step 2. Get moving. Done. Actually went to the gym for a 20 min spin on the stationary bike.
    Step 3. Repeat. Got tomorrow exercise logged so now I have to go and do it
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have been logging for about a month and feel like it is just part of my daily routine, which def helps with consistency. I work out about an hour 5 days/week. I feel like I am in a good place, now it would be nice for the scale/measurements to match my mood! LOL!
This discussion has been closed.