The keto recipes that changed your journey!

Options

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

Quick rundown -- cook a spaghetti squash, toss the meat into a casserole dish (or crock pot insert), toss in a block of cream cheese and/or a cup or two of sour cream, toss in about 2 cups of whatever not-cream cheeses you have on hand, saute an onion and a few cloves of garlic and toss them in, add some salt and pepper (I <3 white pepper). Mix it all up and toss in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Try not to inhale it all at once. ;)

What is your favorite type of meat to use with this casserole?

Not meat as in hamburger, meat as in the meat of the squash. The part inside the skin that (in this case) turns into spaghetti-like strings that aren't the goop with seeds.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Quick rundown -- cook a spaghetti squash, toss the meat into a casserole dish (or crock pot insert), toss in a block of cream cheese and/or a cup or two of sour cream, toss in about 2 cups of whatever not-cream cheeses you have on hand, saute an onion and a few cloves of garlic and toss them in, add some salt and pepper (I <3 white pepper). Mix it all up and toss in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Try not to inhale it all at once. ;)

Not meat as in hamburger, meat as in the meat of the squash. The part inside the skin that (in this case) turns into spaghetti-like strings that aren't the goop with seeds.

That may be the case, but adding real meat like maybe ground sausage sounds like it would be good in this.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »

That may be the case, but adding real meat like maybe ground sausage sounds like it would be good in this.

It's pretty thick/heavy on its own. Adding a meat into it would be rather challenging. Keep in mind that spaghetti squash is more akin to angel hair pasta as opposed to mashed potatoes or whatever.
  • lamiller82
    lamiller82 Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I make something similar to the mousse listed above... but mine tastes like a wendy's frosty. I make homemade whip cream from HWC and some vanilla extract, then add in some (previously prepared) SF Chocolate pudding, in basically a 1:1 ratio of pudding to HWC.... toss in the freezer for about an hour, and its so YUM. If you're not a frosty fan, it works well as just a chocolate mousse if you don't freeze it, too.

I also have made a SF cheesecake mousse with cream cheese, HWC, lemon extract, vanilla extract, and stevia.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    When I first started low carb, I found this website helpful...
    http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
    Her pizza topping casserole has been great for me, given that pizza is definitely one of my pitfalls.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options

Oh....gotcha.....It would be yummy without the meat for sure....As a side dish.....I used to do something similar with potatoes in my carb days.....I can't even imagine how many carbs it had it it...lol.... :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Sugar Free Jello. I know. I see eyes rolling. I acquired a binge habit in 2015 that is thankfully over. I hope. I still keep sugar free jello prepared in my refrigerator though don't have need for it so often. Rarely. I'll take secretly (used to be) eating a pint of red-dye and artificial sweetener ANYDAY over hundreds/thousands of calories of sugar in massive quantities of ice cream.

I ate sugar free jello by the pint for a while. It changed my journey.

No eye rolls here, we have recently discovered what a great treat sugar free jello is. We top it off with a squirt of redi whipped cream. Doesn't hurt DH's BS, and I get a fruity tasting treat. We normally use stevia for sweetening, but the little bit of whatever is in Jello doesn't seem to hurt either of us.
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello is .... bad?!?! Sorry, Nuh Uh. YUMMIE ;)
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    We top it off with a squirt of redi whipped cream.

By squirt you mean the whole can, right? Cause that's what we mean by "a squirt" >_>
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of cauliflower but this is really good http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/parmesan-roasted-cauliflower-180401.aspx Broccoli is not bad but with this recipe its better http://www.marthastewart.com/338727/spicy-broccoli-with-garlic
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Bumpity bump for newbies
  • MzLazyBones
    MzLazyBones Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/

Great recipes for sweets and snacks - that way rather than indulging in a carb bomb soaked in sugar, I can have something a bit more friendly to the LC WoE.

I also love sugar free jello - it's fantastic.
  • Momma_Raucks
    Momma_Raucks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Egg Role in a bowl. nuff said.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Bumpity bump time.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello is .... bad?!?! Sorry, Nuh Uh. YUMMIE ;)

How about sugar free Jello pudding made with HWC...SOOOOO GOOD!!!!