TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    0v5yatfk9aqx.jpg

Challenge 3
    Pan seared pork chops with Thyme accompanied with cauliflower/sweet potato rice with broccoli.
    The pork chops were so aromatic that I was afraid to add some Thyme to the veggies. Didn't want to over do it since I usually season my pork chops with sage. I will say the drippings in the pan would have made a heavenly gravy if I did potatoes and gravy.
    I did get some stretching done so I'm not a total loss for the day.

Have a good evening everyone. Back to getting my knee upmwith my ice pack
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @mts7471 - would love to have your recipe!

@MimiOfTheLusciousLawn that stuffing sounds good. I'm not a real fan of traditional bread stuffings so I think I would like that one.

@LeoLivingByDesign - OMG the steak and sweet potato sounds delicious. Wow to 100 lbs of sweet potato!

@cardbucfan - oh no on the knee! I hope it's better today and you are able to enjoy your trip.

@ingrid2017 that sounds like a very interesting and delicious fusion of Indian and Jamaican flavors!

@mamaelf2008 - hope your knee is okay too - take it easy! Your pork chops sound great and the gravy would be an excellent idea.

@ka97 - I think I agree with you about enjoying the training more than the race. I signed up for an Oct 1 half but am debating a late spring one too. Or some other race longer than a 5k at any rate.

Rest day from running today for me but I took two walks with Stella and I did the videos for challenge 1 and 2. I can't quite get my hips with the program so I'm sure it was not a pretty sight but the Jamaican dancing was fun. I really liked the Jessica and Peanut recovery day video. It was perfect as I'm a bit sore from last night's run group workout. Love all those stretches. I cracked up that Peanut was so active in trying to lick her in this video. He's always been such a (cute) blob in the other videos I've seen.

I have challenge 3 on deck for tomorrow night - honey & ginger chicken is the plan. I was going to do it tonight so I could bust through all 3 challenges in one day but had shrimp I had to use up first (made shrimp and cheddar grits with collard greens and tomatoes).

Have a good night everyone. Ice those knees!

• Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Went to a client this afternoon. I was early.

Across the street from their office was a latin grocery store. As it turned out, it also had Jamaican food.

I bought a couple of the scotch bonnet peppers for 30 cents.

ggt90g8f8nvw.jpg

So, instead of "ginger beef" I made Jamaican Jerk Chicken.

• smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    I did the 1st challenge, the 2nd video, and couldn't stop laughing at myself. I used to be able to dance somewhat like the lady in the video. But, now I am "older" and I kept saying "oooohhh....that twist doesn't feel right on my knee" or "ow......my back doesn't like that one". Geesh! It was a fun dance video, but man I am getting old!

wthlizs3sm41.png

@mamaelf2008 - take care of your knee - your food looks SO GOOD!
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    "CHALLENGE #3"
    Scotch Bonnet Peppers
    Thyme
    Nutmeg

Chose the peppers because I haven't cooked with them before and I found them in the store.

My experience... the peppers are freaking hot. I only used 1/2 of 1 pepper and the marinade/sauce was fully flavored. Would have added 1 full one if it was just me.

The lady in the store warned me about them. Well worth the caution.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,900 Member
    Options
    Dangerous looking peppers @vowder! But @mamaelf2008 your meal is making me hungry!!

2/3 there!! Just thing about the resort we get to say in!

• aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3 last night night I used thyme, nutmeg, cayanne, black pepper, and all spice mixed with red pepper, yellow pepper, and orange peppers and a rice medley served with chicken.
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    # challenge 3

I use Escallion we call it "bos ui" and Pimento ( paprika) for my Penne not really a Jamacai dish but I like Italian food. A few mushrooms and ham and you have a low cal wonderful dish.

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am heading out today for a conference over at St Pete Beach. It is Wednesday, Thursday and Friday so it is highly unlikely that I will be posting challenges 1 and 2 before the weekend. I get to room share; the woman who won't do video exercises in front of her husband sure wont do them in front of a co-worker. Should have some nice long beach walks though.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,900 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I am heading out today for a conference over at St Pete Beach. It is Wednesday, Thursday and Friday so it is highly unlikely that I will be posting challenges 1 and 2 before the weekend. I get to room share; the woman who won't do video exercises in front of her husband sure wont do them in front of a co-worker. Should have some nice long beach walks though.

Send her to the bar!!!
  • aenglehardt347
    Options
    Well it looks like we all are having some good Jamaican food. Hopefully I will get videos done today for challenge 1 and 2. I took my mom for a medical test this morning really early and she is still a little out of it, I plan on taking a small nap then getting stuff done. Catch back up later. Everyone have a great day.
  • junodog1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Challenge 3
    @MissionEnforcer
    For breakfast I had a nutmeg, peanut butter, overnight oatmeal.

Yesterday I had this lovely overnight oats recipe pop up in my feed. I thought, "Oh that looks tasty - and I bet nutmeg would be a good taste addition." So I modified it a bit. I find the unsweetened almond milk already sweet - no need of honey. I was a combo of oats, almond milk, PB, and nutmeg; this morning I added a few strawberries and some more nutmeg. I recommend the combo.

I could have just added nutmeg to a drink - but we are out of eggnog. ;) Got plenty of bourbon and rum though.

4z0ustkemmhk.jpg

I still plan for the weekend to make both those beautiful pictures I posted earlier - the jerk chicken and the kabobs, but I wanted to make sure this challenge got completed - in case my conference screwed things up. Life happens you know.
  • junodog1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »
    Went to a client this afternoon. I was early.

Across the street from their office was a latin grocery store. As it turned out, it also had Jamaican food.

I bought a couple of the scotch bonnet peppers for 30 cents.

When I make the Jerk Chicken I will NOT be including the scotch bonnet peppers. Probably substitute jalapenos. You are a brave man.
  • junodog1
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    junodog1 wrote: »

Send her to the bar!!!

HER? I'll send me to the bar!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    @junodog1 have fun at St Pete Beach! You're in my neck of the woods but I'm not there right now lol! Where are you staying? The Don?!

I'm having a lovely time out here. My knee still bothers me so I had to modify even the easy moves in video one but it's done! I will do video 2 either tomorrow or Friday before golf.

We went to an incredible restaurant last night for dinner. Oh my goodness, I could have licked my plate! Lots of habanero, poblano and jalapeño but no scotch bonnet. Don't think I could stand it-those peppers were spicy enough for me! I almost had a ginger margarita but then remembered that alcohol doesn't count so I had a pineapple cilantro one. Sounds weird-it was amazing! I like it better than the prickly pear one.

I may try the nutmeg in oatmeal for challenge 3 if oatmeal is on the breakfast buffet.

Well, I must go do my nails and start the beautification process of tonight's dinner. Keep up the good work team!
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    All challenges completed
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    @mts7471 - would love to have your recipe!

@MimiOfTheLusciousLawn that stuffing sounds good. I'm not a real fan of traditional bread stuffings so I think I would like that one.

@LeoLivingByDesign - OMG the steak and sweet potato sounds delicious. Wow to 100 lbs of sweet potato!

@cardbucfan - oh no on the knee! I hope it's better today and you are able to enjoy your trip.

@ingrid2017 that sounds like a very interesting and delicious fusion of Indian and Jamaican flavors!

@mamaelf2008 - hope your knee is okay too - take it easy! Your pork chops sound great and the gravy would be an excellent idea.

@ka97 - I think I agree with you about enjoying the training more than the race. I signed up for an Oct 1 half but am debating a late spring one too. Or some other race longer than a 5k at any rate.

Rest day from running today for me but I took two walks with Stella and I did the videos for challenge 1 and 2. I can't quite get my hips with the program so I'm sure it was not a pretty sight but the Jamaican dancing was fun. I really liked the Jessica and Peanut recovery day video. It was perfect as I'm a bit sore from last night's run group workout. Love all those stretches. I cracked up that Peanut was so active in trying to lick her in this video. He's always been such a (cute) blob in the other videos I've seen.

I have challenge 3 on deck for tomorrow night - honey & ginger chicken is the plan. I was going to do it tonight so I could bust through all 3 challenges in one day but had shrimp I had to use up first (made shrimp and cheddar grits with collard greens and tomatoes).

Have a good night everyone. Ice those knees!

I will put it out in next couple days recipe for Chicken Makhani
  • aenglehardt347
    Options
    I did video 1 for the raggae and then the video stretch afterward for 40 minutes of exercise today and to complete my challenges. Really liked the raggae
  • aenglehardt347
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Challenge #3 last night night I used thyme, nutmeg, cayanne, black pepper, and all spice mixed with red pepper, yellow pepper, and orange peppers and a rice medley served with chicken. My experience was okay I prefer mild food for digestive purposes and try never to use cayanne pepper but have read it has good anti inflammatory properties. We will see.

@MissionEnforcer