Not losing weight

Options
helen772010
helen772010 Posts: 20 Member
I hope that someone can shed some light on this for me. I am in ketosis but only lost 1/2 pound last week and although weigh in is on a Monday i checked this morning and nothing lost. Im in my third week now and feeling frustrated.
I have done the low calorie diet, low fat diet, diet and excercise, diet without excercise and this lchf was another attempt.

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Yep, give it time to see results and count calories too.

Also, what are your macros? How do you know you are in ketosis? If testing, what method and what results?

Regardless of the answer, 2 weeks isn't enough time to know if you are losing or just fluctuating.
  • helen772010
    Options
    Thank you for your replies.
    My macros are
    20g carbs
    75g protein
    115g carbs
    Calories are set at 1500
    Im 39 and 11st .13lb
    I would like to lose 27lb
    I feel ok although tired and headachy.
    I test ketosis using urine ketosticks
    I have decided to try lfhc for health reaons too especially the benefits that are said for cancer survivors.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I would suggest taking some measurements with a measuring tape and tracking those for yourself too. I have lost an inch on my neck - no kidding. This sort of thing can be encouraging when the other numbers are not.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Headache and tired sounds like an electrolyte imbalance. Check out the open threads for the research but get some salt in you, you'll feel better fast.
  • helen772010
    Options
    I'll look into the electrolyte now, thank you
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Yes on the sodium and magnesium and triple YES YES YESSSS on the whoosh. That's how I lose weight with this woe. Never steady. Bounce around three pounds for a couple weeks then WHOOSH it comes off to a new low.

Hang in there!! :)
  • rckc1
    rckc1 Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Being in ketosis does not automatically equate to weight loss. If you are eating too much you won't lose weight. Check out OKL macros. It's low carb with appropriate amounts of protein and fat. I love it!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    The pp's have said everything I would have thought of. I know how frustrating it can be but stay the course, follow the above advice and keep us posted!

@Sunny_Bunny_ I just noticed your watermark. I always love when you show that comparison pic; it's striking! Did someone try to steal your pic or is that proactive? (Either way it's a smart idea!)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I hope that someone can shed some light on this for me. I am in ketosis but only lost 1/2 pound last week and although weigh in is on a Monday i checked this morning and nothing lost. Im in my third week now and feeling frustrated.
    I have done the low calorie diet, low fat diet, diet and excercise, diet without excercise and this lchf was another attempt.

While I was losing inches, fat face, etc it was day 46 of Keto eating before I lost my first pound. I do not do LCHF for weight loss but for better health markers. The weigh loss is just a by product of LCHF that is needed in my case. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    The pp's have said everything I would have thought of. I know how frustrating it can be but stay the course, follow the above advice and keep us posted!

@Sunny_Bunny_ I just noticed your watermark. I always love when you show that comparison pic; it's striking! Did someone try to steal your pic or is that proactive? (Either way it's a smart idea!)

No one tried to steal mine but a woman in a Facebook group I'm in had hers stolen and used to advertise a supplement. And the Ketogains people really recommend using some kind of watermark. Better safe than sorry.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    If Herpetology Monthly wants to run with my midriff shots, I'm not going to get in the way.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    If Herpetology Monthly wants to run with my midriff shots, I'm not going to get in the way.

Lol...You're a hoot!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »

Lol...You're a hoot!

Actually, that would be Strigiform Weekly. But I'd be happy to grace those pages, too.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »

Lol...You're a hoot!

Actually, that would be Strigiform Weekly. But I'd be happy to grace those pages, too.

Who....Who....I mean ha ha....

• RalfLott
    Options
    Now that might be Schadenfreude Today.......